Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular Forecast Jailbreak Tweak Updated With Support for iOS 7

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Not sure about some that seem to be having excessive battery consumption but as an example, after a full charge my iPhone4 sat over night for more than 12 hours and this morning is still showing 98% battery.

All nomal services are enabled, wifi, bluetooth, etc, etc, plus checking for email every 15 minutes.

One thing I have done is that I have no other weather locations added in the stock apple weather app. Its only location enabled. In this way only 1 location (my current location) is refreshed automatically. And this is then what is picked up and displayed by Forecast.

I then have the Yahoo weather app installed and I have all my other weather locations added there. These locations only update when I open / refresh the Yahoo app.

Hope it helps

Ok maybe I'm doing something wrong I don't see how. I installed this tweak went to the settings page and everything is enabled and I even respringed rebooted turn off for a minute and turned back on and I have no weather on the lock screen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    iOS 7 version of forecast appears to be a complete rewrite, please fix the battery usage issues by offering more minimalist settings in the forecast app to actually use less cpu cycles and therefore battery usage.

(We were offered weather refresh frequency and manual refresh in previous forecast version) as well as the city name being displayed on the lock screen view.

Thanks for this terrific app from a great developer. Once the iOS 7 version is improved a bit more then I will be happy to pay for it again since you have spent so much time on it already!

Thanks Again!
    What device are you on? I'm running it on a 5S and went to bed with a full charge and woke up to 95%. Granted, I only have the LS on with no future forecast.

I agree though, a refresh and city name option would be awesome. This is a fantastic app though and I love it!
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    Apple MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.5 13", 4GB RAM, 1TB Hybrid Drive
    80GB iPod Classic

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    That file list came from this file:
    com.dba-tech.forecast.list

Located:
    /private/var/lib/dpkg/info

I'm pretty sure it pulls all of the images and data from the stock weather app. After the most recent update of the tweak the backgrounds of the tweak and weather app are always identical.

I wonder what happens when a theme is applied to the weather app using winterboard. Does it translate into the tweak and on to the lockscreen?
    I didn't realize you could theme the stock weather app?

One thing that does puzzle me is, I believe I found the folder where the stock weather app stores it's PNG files and I could only find the clear blue sky background but it also contains the Yahoo! logo on the bottom left, something that is missing in Forecast7. Sadly, this sounds like it's coding well beyond my feeble abilities so I'm going to have to live with it as is or find a different LS style to satisfy me.

Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it!
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cristovao View Post
    I didn't realize you could theme the stock weather app?

One thing that does puzzle me is, I believe I found the folder where the stock weather app stores it's PNG files and I could only find the clear blue sky background but it also contains the Yahoo! logo on the bottom left, something that is missing in Forecast7. Sadly, this sounds like it's coding well beyond my feeble abilities so I'm going to have to live with it as is or find a different LS style to satisfy me.

Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it!
    I don't know if you can theme it or not on iOS 7. I believe you could on iOS 6 but I could be wrong. It was just a thought.

There are tons of background images located in Applications/Weather.app. Some are full screen png files and others are 3px wide gradients. The weather app layers these images to create the various weather scenarios.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 02-11-2014 at 01:40 PM.

...others are 3px wide gradients. The weather app layers these images to create the various weather scenarios.
    This makes me think it's not possible.
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

Thanks

This makes me think it's not possible.
    I think of you took the time to replace them all I don't see why it wouldn't be though.

Update:
    Just for kicks I renamed the clear night gradient file since that was what I assumed was the active background for me right now. After a respring the lockscreen wallpaper was just black with the stars overlaid because it couldn't find the blue gradient since in renamed it. I think you could absolutely theme the stock weather app but there are tons of images that you would have to change. I don't know if theming the app would translate over to the tweak though since it is probably still going to pull the images from the app folder.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 02-11-2014 at 05:25 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

cristovao (02-12-2014)

I think of you took the time to replace them all I don't see why it wouldn't be though.

Update:
    Just for kicks I renamed the clear night gradient file since that was what I assumed was the active background for me right now. After a respring the lockscreen wallpaper was just black with the stars overlaid because it couldn't find the blue gradient since in renamed it. I think you could absolutely theme the stock weather app but there are tons of images that you would have to change. I don't know if theming the app would translate over to the tweak though since it is probably still going to pull the images from the app folder.
    Thanks. That sounds like a fair bit of work but maybe someday down the road I'll tackle the task.

On another note, any thoughts on how to mod the current conditions on the LS so that they're a bit smaller so as to not interfere with other "Slide to Unlock" graphic mods?
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

...or instead, have Forecast7's current conditions re-positioned so it is located where ScripTime puts it's weather? Help would be greatly appreciated!

-image.png
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ...or instead, have Forecast7's current conditions re-positioned so it is located where ScripTime puts it's weather?
    This would not work with other standard type lockscreen tweaks, eg: Calendar for Lockscreen

Forecast works well with a standard type lockscreen, simple remove the 'slide to unlock' if it seems cluttered - its not necessary on iOS7 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
    This would not work with other standard type lockscreen tweaks, eg: Calendar for Lockscreen

Forecast works well with a standard type lockscreen, simple remove the 'slide to unlock' if it seems cluttered - its not necessary on iOS7 anyway.
    I have to disagree with you. I have Forecast7, JellyLock and Cydget all working together (See screengrab below). What I'm looking for is the Forecast7 current conditions section (in the bottom left) to be repositioned to the middle. There has to be a way to do this...I just can't find the file where I would do that.

-photo-2-.png
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Do you even know what the Calendar for Lockscreen tweak does?

How it would it be able to display if you had the weather blocking everything in the middle of the screen... ?

The tweaks you mention use a different concept.

Do you even know what the Calendar for Lockscreen tweak does?

How it would it be able to display if you had the weather blocking everything in the middle of the screen... ?

The tweaks you mention use a different concept.
    I'm sorry, you must be confused. I'm not referring to the Calendar for Lockscreen tweak at all. I don't have it installed, nor do I want to.

Again, what I want is to move Forecast7's current conditions (pictured in the bottom left) to be repositioned to the middle of the screen where ScripTime has it's current conditions (which I would remove as seen below).

-photo-3-.png
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

Green Apple
    Thanks
    No, Im not confused, I simply stated this: This would not work with other standard type lockscreen tweaks, eg: Calendar for Lockscreen, which is correct.

If you want to make a one off modification for your own use, go for it.

I was indicating that it would not work some other standard type tweaks.

No, Im not confused, I simply stated this: This would not work with other standard type lockscreen tweaks, eg: Calendar for Lockscreen, which is correct.

If you want to make a one off modification for your own use, go for it.

I was indicating that it would not work some other standard type tweaks.
    OK, what am I missing here? I'm not trying to be **** here but you're not answering my question and instead telling me something that's irrelevant. I stated what I have installed, what I want achieved and asking for anyone's help to get that done because I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I'm not concerned with my request interfering with other LS tweaks that I have no intention of installing.
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm not concerned with my request interfering with other LS tweaks that I have no intention of installing.
    I may have initially understood that you wanted the developer to alter the tweak to this centre screen location. I tried to point out that this wouldnt work for everyone.

Apologies for any confusion.

I may have initially understood that you wanted the developer to alter the tweak to this centre screen location. I tried to point out that this wouldnt work for everyone.

Apologies for any confusion.
    Ah, gotcha...yeah, asking the developer to change it for everyone else would be silly. I just want to mod it for myself and can't find it.
    Off the Dial
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    iPad Air 32GB
    80GB iPod Classic

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    I’d prefer that the animated weather background be only on the forecast screen, but very well done.
    You can turn off Homescreen background in settings...

Edit: I want to send a Thank You out to the dev of this tweak. There is a lot of negative chatter on the WidgetWeather thread about conflicts caused by having Forecast and Weather Widget installed at the same time causing update issues. I have since dumped Weather Widget and I am solely using Forecast because it delivers exactly what I have been looking for in a weather tweak. Once again, thanks!
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 02-14-2014 at 06:32 PM.
    Respect existence, or expect resistance...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    You can turn off Homescreen background in settings...
    That's not what he was asking for. Turning off the lockscreen wallpaper turns it off for the main lockscreen and the forecast lockscreen page.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

That's not what he was asking for. Turning off the lockscreen wallpaper turns it off for the main lockscreen and the forecast lockscreen page.
    My bad. I thought he only wanted the animations on the weather forecast page in the stock app.
    Respect existence, or expect resistance...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast