Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Folder Customizer' Lets You Change the Coloring of Your Folder Backgrounds and Labels

Default 'Folder Customizer' Lets You Change the Coloring of Your Folder Backgrounds and Labels

Do you want to be able to change the color of your folder icons on your Home Screen, or maybe even the label text of your folders? If your answer to these questions is yes, you should check out a new free jailbreak tweak called Folder Customizer by iOS developer Brogan Miner.

With this tweak, you can adjust the background color and opacity of the folder icon itself, as well as the label underneath the folder icon. You can also adjust the color and opacity of the background behind the label, so there are actually three things altogether that this tweak lets you adjust.

When you change the background color of a folder, not only does the background color show up on your Home Screen, as shown above, but it also shows when you open the folder, as shown below:

After installing the tweak, you'll find a preferences pane in the Settings application where you can set your color options:

You can enable or disable each of the individual customization options on demand. Colors for each the individual items are set by the user with RGB sliders, and there is an alpha slider at the bottom of the options list that lets you adjust the alpha level. After every change you make, you'll need to respring your device for the changes to take effect.

If you want to give Folder Customizer a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires iOS 7 and at this point in time, only supports 32-bit devices, not 64-bit iOS devices like the iPhone 5s.

Name: Folder Customizer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4, 32-bit iOS device
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Brogan Miner
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This tweak sounds great, and it works well enough, but even on my iPhone 5 there is an obvious lag when the folder minimizes and it redraws the background with a different opacity. I found that too distracting and had to delete this mod for the time being.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

I thought this would change the springboard folder icon but it did not. Maybe I needed to respring? A respring button in the options would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    This tweak sounds great, and it works well enough, but even on my iPhone 5 there is an obvious lag when the folder minimizes and it redraws the background with a different opacity. I found that too distracting and had to delete this mod for the time being.
    Damn, that's a shame. I was just going to get this.
    Hmm...

FolderEnhancer should just add this and be done with it! One less tweak. Just sayin..

Thanks

Oh but why isnt there a tweak to make the iOS 7 folders look and work like the iOS 6 folders!? I HATE the smaller grid and having to swipe around in folders! The whole reason I setup folders in iOS was to NOT have to swipe as much. When a folder is opened it should use the whole screen to display all the app icons in that folder!