+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LongerAutoLock' Lets You Create and Use Custom Auto-lock Durations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default 'LongerAutoLock' Lets You Create and Use Custom Auto-lock Durations

In iOS, you can set your iOS device to automatically lock itself after a certain period of time of sitting idle. This is handy for when you have your iOS device sitting on a desk, unlocked, and want to be able to walk away from it with the peace of mind that it'll automatically secure itself from nosy people that might pick it up with the intent of looking through all of your personal information.

Unfortunately, Apple only gives you a limited amount of options for how long your iOS device should be allowed to sit idle before locking itself. You can only choose between 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 minutes, or even never. If you want to be able to set a custom duration for how long your iOS device should be allowed to sit idle before locking itself, you'll want to head over to the department of a new jailbreak tweak called LongerAutoLock by iOS developer Julian Weiss.

As shown above, LongerAutoLock adds a new editing button to the top right of the "Auto-Lock" preferences pane. Tapping on it will bring up a text box where you can input a number (in minutes) for how long your iOS device should be allowed to sit idle before locking itself. When you tap on the "Done" button, your custom duration is added to the list of durations and is automatically selected for you.

If you enter a numeric amount that already exists into the text box, and then tap on the "Done" button, it will remove that duration from the list.

LongerAutoLock appears to be a solid way to customize when your iOS device should be allowed to lock itself, and if you want to give the tweak a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. Notably, if you purchased PassTime, LongerAutoLock is a free complimentary download for you.

Name: LongerAutoLock
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Julian Weiss
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Another waist of time and cash
    Hit the power button after use
    Big batt drain
    If you have this set to one min
    It's on a timer and timers in the iOS
    Are batt Hungary I've set mine to never
    This is just one if the reasons I get 5 day 12 hours a day batt usage

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like a nice tweak to give people more choices than Apple cares to.

Purchased ScreenDimmer which does similar plus much more and have it on all iPhones and iPads.