+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Released iOS 7.0.5 Reportedly Does Not Patch the evasi0n7 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
As pointed out by i0n1c, a well-known security researcher in the jailbreak community, yesterday's release of iOS 7.0.5 does not patch the evasi0n7 jailbreak. iOS 7.0.5 was released to correct
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Recently Released iOS 7.0.5 Reportedly Does Not Patch the evasi0n7 Jailbreak

As pointed out by i0n1c, a well-known security researcher in the jailbreak community, yesterday's release of iOS 7.0.5 does not patch the evasi0n7 jailbreak. iOS 7.0.5 was released to correct network provisioning for iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c units in China, and not much else. With that being said, it was a very minor update.

The evasi0n7 jailbreak for iOS 7.0-7.0.4 and some versions of iOS 7.1 beta will not work with iOS 7.0.5 out of the box at this point in time. As noted by i0n1c, the user can easily edit the iOS version build number to trick evasi0n7 into being able to support iOS 7.0.5:

To make evasi0n work with iOS 7.0.5 one way is to patch 11B511 into 11B601 in the binary. Ehmm btw… the patch are not hex bytes but simple ASCII iOS build numbers that need to be fixed.
    After doing so and successfully jailbreaking, however, the user should change the build number back to normal. If you don't know how to edit the build number, it's probably a good idea that you just wait for evasi0n7 to be officially updated to support iOS 7.0.5, which is likely to happen since the new version of iOS doesn't break anything in the jailbreak.

The upcoming iOS 7.1 update is not susceptible to evasi0n7, as a code signing bug that was used in evasi0n7 was fixed in iOS 7.1 beta 4 and will carry on to the public release.

Fort those that are happily jailbroken on iOS 7.0-7.0.4, there is no good reason to update to iOS 7.0.5 unless you're one of those affected by the network provisioning issue, so you can hold off, but for those that already updated, this news points out that there is hope and all is not lost.

Sources: i0n1c via Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-30-2014 at 11:58 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Here's my patched evasi0n if anyone wants it: http://puu.sh/6DzVr.zip