+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MultitaskingGestures' Brings Zephyr-like Swipe Gestures for Multitasking to iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With iOS 7, Apple gave iOS devices an all-new multitasking App Switcher with application preview cards, new animations, and the works. A popular jailbreak tweak known as Zephyr , which
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'MultitaskingGestures' Brings Zephyr-like Swipe Gestures for Multitasking to iOS 7

With iOS 7, Apple gave iOS devices an all-new multitasking App Switcher with application preview cards, new animations, and the works. A popular jailbreak tweak known as Zephyr, which was used on iOS 6 and earlier to add multitasking gestures to the old App Switcher has not been updated for iOS 7.

If you want to get the multitasking gestures back on iOS 7, you can download a new jailbreak tweak called MultitaskingGestures by iOS developer Hamza Sood.

Once you download MultitaskingGestures, you will be able to slide up from the bottom of the display on your iOS device to close out of whatever application(s) you might be in. This is the equivalent of pressing the home button to close an application. You will also be able to swipe either from the left side of the display or the right side of the display to swipe between applications that you have open.

With the new swipe up gesture from the bottom of the display, you will not be able to access Control Center unless you're on the Lock Screen or the Home Screen, but for those that want the multitasking gestures back, it's a small trade-off. MultitaskingGestures has no options to configure, and if you want to give the tweak a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.50. It does require that you have an iOS 7 device to be installed and cannot be installed on iPads.

Name: MultitaskingGestures
    Price: $1.50
    Version: 0.2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4, iPhone or iPod touch
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hamza Sood
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I want the left to right swipe btw apps, but do not want the swipe up feature. App needs to be configurable especially for a paid app. I'll buy if we can config later.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    I want the left to right swipe btw apps, but do not want the swipe up feature. App needs to be configurable especially for a paid app. I'll buy if we can config later.
    +9000. Give us the option to turn the swipe up feature off and it's an instant buy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Control center is a huge deal in ios7. Seriously, who would give that up? Is appslide updates for ios7 yet because if it is you can replicate this exact tweak with activator functions and for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morrsn View Post
    +9000. Give us the option to turn the swipe up feature off and it's an instant buy.
    Yes I agree. I have already bought this tweak and I love it. The only problem is it is now more difficult to use the left swipe gesture that was originally built into ios7 system wide (messages, safari, etc). It still works but is just a bit of a pain. If I am not mistaken, I believe I heard that the developer is going to be adding preferences in an upcoming update. Once preferences are added, I would have to put this up there with Springtomize as one of my favorite tweaks. Springtomize is still #1 though.

Also, I installed this tweak and control center was not moved to notification center like I have been hearing. It is still in it's original place and you can still access it by swiping up on the springboard. So far, I cannot get control center to work while I'm in an app, but it is still normally in place on the springboard.

I guess from reading the article above, it doesn't say anything about CC being added to notification center. But that is what I was hearing earlier today. Maybe I missed something.
    Last edited by ukblake; 01-28-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks

I have been in contact with the developer and hopefully he can give us some type of settings to configure as the multitasking gestures also kill iOS 7's natural ability to swipe back and forth thru settings and other app pages. But overall im pleased with the tweak because i love the ability to just throw the app out to exit. That's the feature i miss so desperately with Zephyr.

If you miss the ability to toggle Control Center while in an app then just setup an activator gesture to slide along screen left and right, bottom to top of the screen to toggle Control Center and its almost as if nothing has changed. And While your at it setup an activator slide out gesture off screen bottom to simulate the sleep button and then you never have to use the lock button either.

Zephyr is far superior in the terms that its fully configurable but i've contacted the Dev @chpwn numerous times by email and twitter without a single response as to weather or not he's working on it. A simple yes or no would suffice, but instead, he's silent. So who knows if Zephyr will see an iOS 7 update .
    But in the meantime for all you Zephyr lovers, it seems we got another developer working on a similar tweak and picking up the ball since @chpwn seems to have dropped it for the time being.
    Last edited by kickerman65; 01-28-2014 at 01:20 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    Control center is a huge deal in ios7. Seriously, who would give that up? Is appslide updates for ios7 yet because if it is you can replicate this exact tweak with activator functions and for free.
    You don't have to give it up. It's not disabled completely.

You just can't use it in applications. You can use it anywhere else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ukblake View Post
    I guess from reading the article above, it doesn't say anything about CC being added to notification center. But that is what I was hearing earlier today. Maybe I missed something.
    The first Revision of this tweak had Control Center relocated to Notification center, which actually is a great idea since something has to be done with Control Center so you can enable the swipe to exit feature in the tweak. But the Dev got a lot of negative feedback and also had tweak compatibility issues so he used the current alternative to disable Control Center while in apps. Although, if you read my post above and setup an activator gesture then you can still have it while in apps.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kickerman65 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (01-28-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi guys, with Zephyr you were able to swipe up to bring up the mult-tasking pane. Can you do that with this one too .... I hate double clipping home (wear and tear)

Green Apple
    Thanks

It has an option to relocate control center to the "missed" section of notification center, which I like, because I never use it. What I don't like is it seems to disable forward/back gestures in apps like safari.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    v0.3 was released last night with options to configure most things including CC in NC (or not) and the various gestures (or not).

There are still some compatibility issues with some other tweaks (I emailed the developer) however v0.3 is a huge step forward.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So it got updated giving us the option of disabling the swipe up to close app gesture completely and giving us our CC back plus a couple of other cool options such as recognition area so it plays nicer with the "fav" app for those of us who use it and app restriction. It still feels a bit buggy but overall the experience has improved greatly.

Thanks

The developer is doing a great job at listening to our feedback and implementing our requests. And so far the tweak seems to function pretty decent with some minor hiccups that im sure will all get ironed out at his rate of work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Hi guys, with Zephyr you were able to swipe up to bring up the mult-tasking pane. Can you do that with this one too .... I hate double clipping home (wear and tear)
    That's a feature i wish for as well.....but sadly its not a feature yet.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kickerman65 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-30-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    The developer is doing a great job at listening to our feedback and implementing our requests. And so far the tweak seems to function pretty decent with some minor hiccups that im sure will all get ironed out at his rate of work so far.

That's a feature i wish for as well.....but sadly its not a feature yet.
    Guess what, I just realized via other forums, that you can simply swipe for app switcher by assigning it via Activator….totally did not even think of that!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Guess what, I just realized via other forums, that you can simply swipe for app switcher by assigning it via Activator….totally did not even think of that!!
    Excellent idea!