+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'QuotesDaily' Adds a Random Quote to Your iOS 7 Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you're looking to add some uplifting quotes to your Notification Center in iOS 7, then check out a new free Notification Center add-on called QuotesDaily for Notification Center by
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'QuotesDaily' Adds a Random Quote to Your iOS 7 Notification Center

If you're looking to add some uplifting quotes to your Notification Center in iOS 7, then check out a new free Notification Center add-on called QuotesDaily for Notification Center by iOS developer Haifisch.

After you install this add-on, you will want to head over to the Notification Center preferences pane in the Settings application and then enable the QuotesDaily add-on, and then choose a position for it in Notification Center (we chose to put it right under the date, so it's the first on our list):

Once enabled, you can head over to your Notification Center, and you'll find the add-on under the "Today" tab. The add-on displays a random quote every time you launch Notification Center. All of the quotes come from various sources, and some of them are cited and some of them are not.

Having access to quotes isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those looking for some uplifting inspiration, sometimes seeing a quote that will make you think will make all the difference. If you want to give QuotesDaily for Notification Center a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The add-on does require iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: QuotesDaily
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Haifisch
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Green Apple
    Thanks

It would be great if you could customize where you get the quotes from. E.g. military quotes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been waiting for a good quote app like the "Famous Quotes Widget" one, ever since IOS 4 came out and the app stopped working properly. Is there another similar app that would display a random quote on the screen, from of a text file, every time I unlock my iPhone?
    Last edited by ATBsky; 01-28-2014 at 02:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dont use this is you have applocker.. wont b able to get into your locked apps.. at least i cant..

Thanks

Installed this and then it never showed up in the settings pane for notifications... Then i couldn't open my settings app until I removed this...