+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ASUpdateHider' Lets You Hide App Store Updates that You Don't Want to Download

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default 'ASUpdateHider' Lets You Hide App Store Updates that You Don't Want to Download

App Store developers like to update their applications all the time with new features or what they like to call "improvements," but when it comes right down to it, the user might not see all of these changes as "improvements." Some common cases are with the Facebook application, which seems to get more and more bugs with each update, or the YouTube application, which every time it gets updated, seems to break popular extensions like YourTube or ProTube.

If you want to be able to hide App Store application updates from the Updates tab so that you don't have to deal with them, and also keep that pesky update badge from showing on the App Store application and the Updates tab of the application, then check out a new jailbreak tweak called ASUpdateHider by iOS developer Marco Cristalli.

After you install this tweak, whenever you have an update in the App Store, you can just swipe on the update to reveal a "hide update" button. Tapping on this button will allow you to pick between hiding only this one update, or hiding all updates for that application altogether.

ASUpdateHider adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options:

The first option allows you to hide the application update history, which shows you all of the recent applications that you've updated. The second option allows you to choose what happens when you tap on the "Hide Update" button. By default, it's set to "Ask me every time," but you can also set it to "Only the last version," or "All future updates."

Under the "Hidden Updates" cell, you will be able to see all of the application updates that you've hidden from the App Store, and if you want to restore them to the App Store because you decided that you want to update the application after all, you can use the Edit button in this interface to remove the application(s) you want to update from this list, and they'll show up under the Updates tab in the App Store application once more.

With all of the options you have available, ASUpdateHider is a great tweak for those that don't really care to update applications in order to stick with stability of not only the application itself, but also with jailbreak tweaks that might extend the feature set of applications. ASUpdateHider is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit iOS 7 devices, and if you want to give it a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99.

Name: ASUpdateHider
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Marco Cristalli
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's nice and all, but seems more suitable as a free app.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    That's nice and all, but seems more suitable as a free app.
    With how polished it is and with all the options, I'd say it's worth the 99, but that's just my opinion.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It allows you to hide the updates, BUT it does not remove the red badge (indicating the number of - now hidden - updates). What good is that?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dstorrents For This Useful Post:

jose060789 (01-28-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The latest version does remove the red badge. Or at least it does seem to for me with an iPhone 4 on iOS 7.0.4.

Well worth 99 cents in my opinion too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dstorrents View Post
    It allows you to hide the updates, BUT it does not remove the red badge (indicating the number of - now hidden - updates). What good is that?
    Thanks for telling us. I was about to buy it. Uffsss

Green Apple
    Thanks

What we really need is a tweak that removes the update history from the screen, that bugs the crap out of me!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeyb View Post
    What we really need is a tweak that removes the update history from the screen, that bugs the crap out of me!
    The latest version removes the update history too.

All working perfectly with the latest version which was released last night.

Green Apple
    Thanks

NOT SURE IF THE UPDATE FIXES THE ISSUE (it may). I can't update till later. Although jmh2002 reports above that the badge issue has been corrected.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
    The latest version does remove the red badge. Or at least it does seem to for me with an iPhone 4 on iOS 7.0.4.

Well worth 99 cents in my opinion too.
    Confirmed again, yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
    The latest version removes the update history too.

All working perfectly with the latest version which was released last night.
    Confirmed again, yes it does.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

works here

Thanks

I bought it and it's fantastic! I'd have paid 5 bucks for this just to protect some of my work-critical apps from lame App Store "updates". This is a slick, professional app- can't imagine how somebody thought it should be free.

Kupe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On my ipad3, when i install Asupdatehider, the AppStore Crashs when i tap on the Updates Button at bottom. There is no Chance - when i uninstall Asupdatehider the Problem continues with AppStore und the update-crash.

Thanks

Most reviews I've seen say ASUpdateHider still does not work with 7.1.2. Does anyone have any contact with the Developer? I've tried repeatedly to contact him via email and Twitter and no reply. I consider Asupdatehider to be critical and won't upgrade from 7.0.6 to 7.1.2 until it runs. Any way to get any news from the Developer much appreciated!

Kupe