+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'anyBadge Pro' Lets You Set App Badges to Anything, More Features than anyBadge

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'anyBadge Pro' Lets You Set App Badges to Anything, More Features than anyBadge

Many of you probably remember anyBadge, a free jailbreak tweak provided by iOS developer Javier Brito that we showed you in the middle of January. The tweak allowed you to set application icon badges to anything you wanted, including text, numbers, and Emoji for the sake of customization.

The same developer has just released anyBadge Pro, which ultimately lets you do the same thing as anyBadge, but it offers more functionality and features than the free version. The Pro version of the tweak will give you more options when you visit the tweak's preferences pane, which is shown below:

Rather than just showing application icon badges all the time, which is what the free version of the tweak does, anyBadge Pro allows you to set rules for when those application icon badge will and will not show up on application icons.

The "custom badge alerts" feature makes it so that the custom badges you created only show up on application icons when you have incoming notifications for that application that you haven't looked at yet. The "return to custom badge" feature does just the opposite, and the custom badges that you create only show up on application icons when you don't have unread incoming notifications for the application that you set a custom application icon badge for.

The "lock all badges" option will make it so that your application icon badges can't be altered or changed, and this prevents accidental or intentional tampering with your customization.

The prompt that you see in the first image of this article that asks you what you want to set the application icon badge to shows up every time you launch an application. This is so that you can easily change the badge if you want to. If the pop-up message becomes annoying, you can turn off all of the options in the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application and the tweak will stop prompting you to change the application icon badge. Although you're turning this feature off, all of your existing custom application icons badges that you created will remain on your application icons until you try to change them again.

Each time you set a custom application icon badge, the changes are immediate. There's no need to respring or reboot your device for your application icon badges to show up.

If you want to give anyBadge Pro a whirl, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. The tweak is only compatible with iOS 7 and will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit iOS devices.

Name: anyBadge Pro
    Price: 99
    Version: 2.0.0-106
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Javier Brito
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Ant

Where did you get the round icons from
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    Ant

Thanks
    That's what I want to know too. That is slick looking.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
    That's what I want to know too. That is slick looking.
    Iconshapes thats what to look for on cydia make sure you have winterboard they run from there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ProfessorJack For This Useful Post:

Kotin6006 (01-27-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whats the name of that theme

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanymACK View Post
    Whats the name of that theme
    As previously stated, it is Iconshapes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For a forum people clearly don't read or pay attention to detail. "Iconshapes" will only make you icons round. If you look in Anthony's picture he posted you will notice that the "maps" and "reminders" app icon are completely different along with others. So clearly a theme is being used...

So let's try this again. Would anyone know what theme is being used in the screen shot?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    Ant

Thanks
    It's a theme called Flat7.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you stop it for popping up every time you open a app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypster View Post
    How do you stop it for popping up every time you open a app?
    Turn it off in the settings (your custom badges will still remain). You only have the toggles on when you want to change or add a custom badge.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Perhaps it's just me, but just like for the free version I fail to understand the point of a tweak like this. Everyone has its tastes of course, for me JB mainly means "adding functions". I'm much less a "I want to change the looks" man, but imho this one doesn't even enter this category. Every tweak installed means more chances of something not working or conflicting...worth risking for something that at the end just changes Badges? What's the need of adding an Emote or a custom string to a Badge? Hmmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
    Perhaps it's just me, but just like for the free version I fail to understand the point of a tweak like this. Everyone has its tastes of course, for me JB mainly means "adding functions". I'm much less a "I want to change the looks" man, but imho this one doesn't even enter this category. Every tweak installed means more chances of something not working or conflicting...worth risking for something that at the end just changes Badges? What's the need of adding an Emote or a custom string to a Badge? Hmmm...

I understand your not a "I want to change the looks" man, which is a perfectly valid outlook. However, themes and customizations are the most used items from cydia. These items make your device personalized and distinctive. As far as conflicting tweaks, this isn't one of them, but I understand your concern due to inadequate knowledge in this field.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VedBoon View Post
    I understand your not a "I want to change the looks" man, which is a perfectly valid outlook. However, themes and customizations are the most used items from cydia. These items make your device personalized and distinctive. As far as conflicting tweaks, this isn't one of them, but I understand your concern due to inadequate knowledge in this field.

I agree about themes, I agree about animations effects (Barrel, AquaBoard or similar), but Badges?! But well, one has the choice and that's ok.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
    I agree about themes, I agree about animations effects (Barrel, AquaBoard or similar), but Badges?! But well, one has the choice and that's ok.
    Only in the land of the free. By the way, animations and disable badges already added. Should be live soon jailbreakers