+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Disablemute' Lets You Disable the Mute Button in Calls Entirely

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
When you're in the middle of a phone call in iOS 7, and you move your iPhone away from your face, you'll see a bunch of buttons. One of those
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'DisableMute' Lets You Disable the Mute Button in Calls Entirely

When you're in the middle of a phone call in iOS 7, and you move your iPhone away from your face, you'll see a bunch of buttons. One of those buttons is a mute button, which, when tapped, keeps the person on the other end of the phone call from hearing anything that you say.

In some cases, the mute button can be tapped by accident while you're in the middle of a phone call and it can be a really annoying issue because you may never know that the person on the other end of the line can't hear you until it's too late. Normally, when you tap on the mute button while in the middle of a phone call, the button will glow white indicating that you have mute enabled, but if your iPhone is against your face, then you can't see the button to know that it's glowing.

A new free jailbreak tweak called Disablemute by iOS developer Burt will let you disable the mute button outright. With this tweak installed, when you try to tap on the mute button in the middle of a phone call, you'll notice that it won't actually do anything. Instead, the person on the other end of the line will continue to be able to hear what you say. Additionally, the button won't glow white, it'll just continue looking like it was never enabled.

With the mute button disabled, you eliminate the risk of tapping on the mute button by accident and turning the phone call into silence for the other person on the line without knowing it.

Disablemute adds a preferences pane to the Settings application (shown above) where you can easily enable or disable the tweak on demand. With the tweak enabled, the mute button is disabled, while vice-versa, the opposite happens.

If you want to give Disablemute a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak does require a device with iOS 7 installed on it.

Name: Disablemute
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-18-12
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4, Phone application
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Burt
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love my mute button

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does anyone know of a similar tweak that works on iOS 6?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yea.. It's called "lose some weight you fatty!" Then your chubby cheeks won't be pressing the key!

Do you guys really hit the mute key with your cheeks? Hah

Green Apple
    Thanks

Haha... The problem is the proximity sensor on the iPhone 4 doesn't work a lot of times, and it turns on the screen when you are on a phone call and you press the mute button with your ear without even realizing...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy99 View Post
    Yea.. It's called "lose some weight you fatty!" Then your chubby cheeks won't be pressing the key!

Do you guys really hit the mute key with your cheeks? Hah
    Constantly happens to me, and I'm not fat or chubby. Great tweak for those of us with a jacked up prox. sensor.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I replaced the front screen on my phone a while back...pretty proud of myself!

But ever since the surgery, the proximity sensor doesn't work quite right. The screen doesnt go black when I put my phone to my face. For some reason, my (big overweight fatboy) cheek always taps the mute button--but never any of the others.

Gonna give this one a try.