+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'shuffler' Randomizes Your Lock Screen Wallpaper With Images From Your Camera Roll

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'shuffler' Randomizes Your Lock Screen Wallpaper With Images From Your Camera Roll

For those of you that like changing things up instead of having the same old, same old, a new jailbreak tweak called shuffler by iOS developer Dylan Kelly will ensure that your Lock Screen wallpaper is almost always something different.

The way this tweak works is pretty simple. It uses the photos in your Camera Roll to randomize your Lock Screen wallpaper every time that you lock your device. The tweak changes your Lock Screen wallpaper every time that you lock your device, so every time you go to use it, it will be something different, making the possibilities unpredictable.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application, shown above, where you can enable and disable the tweak on demand, as well as either shuffle your Camera Roll photos, or have them become your Lock Screen wallpaper in the order that they were taken.

With the location feature under the shuffle option, you can choose to make a folder using iFile that you manually fill with .png or jpg file format images and this tweak will search that folder and randomize your Lock Screen wallpaper using photos only from that folder, rather than your Camera Roll. You would just type in the address to that folder, and then enable this feature to turn it on. This might be a feature that you would use if you have personal photos in your Camera Roll that you don't want showing up on your Lock Screen.

If you want to give shuffler a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. The tweak is compatible with iOS 7 only.

Name: shuffler
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Dylan Kelly
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This would be nice if the developer allowed album limiting abilities, kinda like iOS 6.x stock settings for Picture Frame (which I only just realized is no longer as of iOS7).
    I know the specifying folder setting kinda does this, but utilizing the albums or collections already in place would make the tweak a bit more seemless.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Installed and enabled but lock screen still shows default wallpaper not camera roll. I wonder if this is conflicting with another lock screen tweak that I have. Did not try custom folder yet. Will have to mess with it later.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why Camera Roll ? ...that's dumb ...should be any folder you want.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I appreciate somebody getting a wallpaper switching app out there since bosspaper has been abandoned. This one needs some work though. It does change both lock screen and home screen, which is nice, however the home screen one gets stuck after awhile. Also it just seems to overlay the wallpaper over the actual system wallpaper, so all the blurs and transparency effects are working off the wrong image. This has potential to be a great tweak, though. Maybe make it so you can simply pick an album rather than have to specify a path to a folder or your album (which is difficult to find).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to claustin For This Useful Post:

ItsDaniLyn (02-23-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I miss BossPaper....I'm going to check this one out. I'm hoping eventually BossPaper will get an update or someone will make another great wallpaper changer. I have too many wallpapers I like! LOL
    iPhone 5S
    Firmware 7.1.2
    Pangu Jailbroken