+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NowPlayingStatusBar for iOS 7' Brings the Now Playing Icon to the iOS 7 Status Bar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In iOS 7, Apple removed the Now Playing icon from the Status Bar. In earlier versions of iOS, this play button-shaped icon notified you that music or other media was
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'NowPlayingStatusBar for iOS 7' Brings the Now Playing Icon to the iOS 7 Status Bar

In iOS 7, Apple removed the Now Playing icon from the Status Bar. In earlier versions of iOS, this play button-shaped icon notified you that music or other media was playing in the background while you were doing other things on your iOS device. This is generally a good feature to have, because if you have the volume so low that you can't tell music is playing, then this icon will let you know that, "hey, you have some music playing, and you should either listen to it or stop playing it."

If you want to bring back the Now Playing icon to the iOS 7 Status Bar, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called NowPlayingStatusBar for iOS 7 by iOS developer Marvin Schwalzik.

As shown above, once you have this tweak installed and you play any kind of media, whether it's a video or a song from your music library, you'll once again start seeing that retired Now Playing icon in your Status Bar next to the battery percentage indicator.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the Now Playing icon on demand, as well as choose to have the icon right-aligned on the Status Bar (default), or left-aligned on the Status Bar:

If you want to download NowPlayingStatusBar for iOS 7 and get that Now Playing icon back in your Status Bar, then you'll find the tweak for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak currently only works in stock iOS applications due to a bug, but it's hoped that this bug will be resolved soon. It's compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit iOS 7 devices.

While you're at it and trying to improve your iOS 7 Status Bar, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called SameStatus that we showed you earlier today.

Name: NowPlayingStatusBar for iOS 7
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Marvin Schwalzik
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks

Was wondering where the play icon went on the status bar... It was bothering me as sometimes I turn the volume all the way down and then forget I'm streaming pandora... Don't know why they got rid of it in the first place but I'm glad I got it back...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Whoa... I had never noticed that until you pointed it out. And it's been what, 5 months?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nice tweak. But in CC all you have to do is swipe up and there you have it. But some people are to lazy to do just that so yea good tweak.