+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SameStatus' Makes the Lock Screen Status Bar Text the Same Size as Everywhere Else

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
One of the parts of iOS 7 that Apple made aesthetically inconsistent is the Status Bar. On the Lock Screen, Apple gave the Status Bar a larger font size than
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'SameStatus' Makes the Lock Screen Status Bar Text the Same Size as Everywhere Else

One of the parts of iOS 7 that Apple made aesthetically inconsistent is the Status Bar. On the Lock Screen, Apple gave the Status Bar a larger font size than anywhere else in iOS, such as the Home Screen, and when you unlock your device, you can noticeably see the font size change before your eyes in a jagged, eye-stabbing, animation-less motion.

In the screenshot examples above, the screenshot on the left illustrates the Lock Screen Status Bar font size, which is larger than the font size of the Status Bar in the screenshot on the right, which illustrated the Home Screen Status Bar font size.

The Status Bar doesn't look good with this inconsistency, and if you want to change this so that the Status Bar font size is the same everywhere, then there's a new free jailbreak tweak called SameStatus available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository thanks to iOS developer SkyFrost.

After you install SameStatus, the Status Bar font size will be the same across the board, so when you unlock your device, you won't see the font size change before your eyes:

This little jailbreak tweak is a nice little fix for Apple's failure to keep the Status Bar font size consistent throughout iOS, and if you want to install it, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now.SameStatus is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit iOS 7 devices.

Name: SameStatus
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: SkyFrost
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wtf!? Did anyone else never notice this? I always thought the status bar looked the same on both lockscreen and everywhere else. You must have to look really closely to see the difference

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyydaveyy For This Useful Post:

Sage I (01-27-2014)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    Wtf!? Did anyone else never notice this? I always thought the status bar looked the same on both lockscreen and everywhere else. You must have to look really closely to see the difference
    They changed this in a beta. For whatever reason.

It was kind of a big deal back when it happened. No one seemed to really like the change. Just completely inconsistent.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Once you notice it, it's annoying as hell and hard to un-notice!

Much like the off-centre page dots!!!

Previously known as weedsmart
    Thanks

I noticed it when i took a screenshot of my lock screen and looked at it in photos. Here's what it looks like
    (The white is the lock screen)
    http://imgur.com/Xu8V9kI

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Didn't work for me. Is it compatible with StatusModifier?

didnt realize it was only changing font size. it works.
    Last edited by TurkEclipse; 01-26-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks

does it make the status bar big as it is on the lock screen or small as it is unlocked?

Thanks

The lock screen actually looks better with the bigger font. There's no delineation on the lock screen, and all of the other interface elements are kind of big compared to the rest of iOS.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-26-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,531 Times in 5,850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    does it make the status bar big as it is on the lock screen or small as it is unlocked?
    Small.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    The lock screen actually looks better with the bigger font. There's no delineation on the lock screen, and all of the other interface elements are kind of big compared to the rest of iOS.
    yup, agree.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't get all the commotion with this... it was clearly intentional so that you could quickly peek at your lockscreen and easily see what's going on in your status bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Agreed! I might even like the LS status bar better than the regular one.

Thanks

Never noticed it until I saw the tweaks description and then I saw the difference... Wasn't feeling the different LS status bar after I noticed... May seem like a silly thing to not like or change, that's the beauty of jail breaking though: If you don't like what apple stuck us with then we change things to our liking...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Just FYI, the LS Status Bar 'images' are exactly 20% larger than the regular ones. Stick that in your filesystem of useless knowledge! LOL!