+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Springtomize 3 Now Available With Support for iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you guys haven't done so already you should invest in Flex 2. There's also a huge amount of customization available and doesn't seem as taxing or malicious as some
...
  1. #41
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    If you guys haven't done so already you should invest in Flex 2. There's also a huge amount of customization available and doesn't seem as taxing or malicious as some other tweaks. You can also edit or create your own tweaks.

  2. #42
    UJL
    UJL is offline
    Green Apple UJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 73 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by UJL View Post
    I got this today and wonder if I should have saved my money because I already had most of the tweaks done. I only bought it because I wanted the coverflow effect since I no longer have Cascade. Unfortunately if you use Infinidock like myself it makes my icons look smashed (I have 10 icons in my dock first page has 5 and second page the additional 5).


    Also when I use the hide icon labels (been using Bigify with no issues) it glitches in folders and shows the names. Not a big deal but I really hope there's a update soon because I have Springtomize disabled :/
    Did the update and still having the same issues with this tweak working with Infinidock and the no icon labels still glitch when clicking on folders


  3. #43
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 178 Times in 153 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I hear you. I'm kinda pissed I had to pay for the iPhone 5 when I already owned an iPhone 4. Come on Apple!

    [/sarcasm]
    Atleast my iphone 4 still works. Springtimize 2 is now useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    So you pay for sh***y AppStore apps but can't afford to pay $2 PER YEAR for an actually useful tweak? Wow.
    I rarely pay for App Store apps, and when I do, when they upgrade to the current OS, I don't have to pay for them again. That's all I'm saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    Don't let that plethora of free stuff you've gotten kick you in the ***** on your way out. One less Monster drink a week won't hurt you.

    Never will understand how supporting a developer to possibly bring us better stuff isn't worth $3.
    I don't have $3. I don't splurge on monsters every chance I get. $2 more for something I already bought is just annoying. I'm all for supporting devs. It's not like that at all. I just think it's kinda crappy that you have to pay in order to use something you've already purchased just because of a compatibility issue. If I could still get away with using springtimize 2, I wouldn't care.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 01-27-2014 at 12:22 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (01-27-2014)

  5. #44
    What's Jailbreak? odedo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tarzana,CA. U.S.A
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    like I said before Springtomize 3 uses hidden settings that are already in iOS 7 and that the reason it won't work on older iOS's, try installing HiddenSettings7 and you'll understand.
    it's free and on the BigBoss source.

  6. #45
    iPhoneaholic Donnutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Great Falls Montana
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    I don't have $3. I don't splurge on monsters every chance I get. $2 more for something I already bought is just annoying. I'm all for supporting devs. It's not like that at all. I just think it's kinda crappy that you have to pay in order to use something you've already purchased just because of a compatibility issue. If I could still get away with using springtimize 2, I wouldn't care.
    It's an upgrade to an entire new OS. Get over it. I pay for new versions of iWork and office... And, if you don't have three dollars, maybe you shouldn't be paying for an iPhone. Just saying.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (01-27-2014)

  8. #46
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,577
    Thanks
    3,952
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by odedo1 View Post
    like I said before Springtomize 3 uses hidden settings that are already in iOS 7 and that the reason it won't work on older iOS's, try installing HiddenSettings7 and you'll understand.
    it's free and on the BigBoss source.
    S3 does WAY more than HiddenSettings7. HS7 is also buggy as hell and doesn't remember half your changes after a respring. S3 does. And Springtomize 2 still works great on iOS 5&6.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #47
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I noticed a small issue when altering my badge text colour.

    After I try to change the Badge background colour and text colour, all existing badges are locked to the same number (seems to be a random number). Even when a new badge populates, it loads to that 'locked' number from before. For example, after first respring all badges showed '25' and wouldn't change. A new badge appeared for 1 new text, but showed the '25'.

    Just thought I'd report the issue

  10. #48
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Iphone ie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    895
    Thanks
    1,907
    Thanked 3,149 Times in 666 Posts

    I miss my tv lock option

  11. #49
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,051
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Iphone ie View Post
    I miss my tv lock option
    Same here

  12. #50
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    lol...it's only 2 bucks if you own previous versions. I'll take you comments even 1 step further...why does this guy even have an iphone with internet access if 2 dollars is going to break the bank?!?!?!

    that's like saying "I bought God of War 1, I should get 2 and 3 for free"...sorry dude, that's not the way the world works.
    I don't think that's quite the same. Each of those games you mentioned, like any other game or software and it's sequels (e.g., WarCraft 1, 2, 3 or Photshop 7, CS,
    CS2,3,4,5,6 etc etc) are each separate products that just share a similar name. Where as updates (aka, patches) to an existing software are typically free, whether for full on computer software or mobile apps. That's not to say patches have to be free of charge, but the vast majority out there are.

    Sometimes it's not quite as clear as to which category a new version falls into and this appears to be one of those. In many ways it's an update to the previous major version, "Springtomize 2", but at the same time, it also looks like a separate product, labeled "Springtomize 3", rather than "Springtomize 2" with a newer version number.

    I think the confusion comes from the app appearing to be so similar to the previous that it seems like an update of the previous version bringing iOS 7 support that was released as a new separate product in order to have separate version for iOS 7, rather than as a patch to the existing product like other tweaks have done (there are a lot of tweaks now that support iOS 7, 6, sometimes as far back as 5, 4, even 3, without having separate releases for each one.)

    It's just simply a fact that most people have come to expect to receive patch level updates for free after having paid the first time, and these mind set seems to also come from the way the iTunes App Store works for the vast majority of the pay apps, so it's hard to completely fault those who find it strange that they have to pay again for what appears to be the same product (even if it is in fact a new product.)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to uri8472 For This Useful Post:

    Aenima133 (01-27-2014)

  14. #51
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
    Stuck at respring loop when removing battery...Iphone 5 7.0.4
    How is your phone still on if you removed the battery?

  15. #52
    Green Apple 96gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Badges get partially blocked by icons in coverflow? Any fix for this?

  16. #53
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 178 Times in 153 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    It's an upgrade to an entire new OS. Get over it. I pay for new versions of iWork and office... And, if you don't have three dollars, maybe you shouldn't be paying for an iPhone. Just saying.
    But my question is does the older version of iWork still work? Can you still use it on mavericks? I know older versions of iLife still works on newer os's. That's the point I'm trying to make. I paid for something that I can no longer use. Almost every example anyone has tried to use isn't the same. That previous product is still usable by every means. And who said I had an iPhone? Maybe I have an iPod touch? Everyone is so quick to assume. But the points have been made and obviously we don't agree, so let's just agree to disagree and move on. I'm sure this tweak is just as great as the previous, which was amazing and why I bought it to begin with. Just kinda disappointed I have to pay 2/3 the "new user" price just to "upgrade". Actual amount aside, it's the principle. That's all I have to say.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 01-27-2014 at 02:58 PM.

  17. #54
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Whitburn, Sunderland, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Springtomize 3 and Infinidock

    Hi all, I love Springtomize BUT I also love Infinidock.

    I dont get mashed icons on the second dock page, just blank and any icons which were on there have disappeared.

    I can use spotlight to find those apps but

    HELP!!!!

    SORTED!!!!

    Ok,

    In Springtomize...SET NUMBER OF ICONS TO DEFAULT, and set your percentage size as you like.

    In Infinidock, set your number of icons there, DON'T use this option from Springtomize.



    ....ah

    Number of columns does not work quite right. Set rows to 6 and they all fly to the top....and you can't get more than 6 rows
    Last edited by colinlaughton; 01-27-2014 at 04:29 PM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to colinlaughton For This Useful Post:

    bigdey (01-28-2014)

  19. #55
    iPhoneaholic Nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    I'd like to see an option to hide the NC and CC grabbers on the lock screen.

  20. #56
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 39 Times in 38 Posts

    So from what I can see Springtomize3 is in a Alpha state?
    Most of it doesn't work's and really it doesn't offer anything that other the other functional tweaks do in fact the other tweaks offer more in-depth options.

    I've been a supporter from the early days ($ & the developers work) but this is abusive.

    A product has been presented to the public and it doesn't work nor does it play nice with other working tweaks, and you charged $ for a tweak that at best is a Alpha (shame).

    I am very disappointed not that it probably means anything.

    I can't verbally support this nor tell ppl to purchase it in its current state, and from what Im reading it sounds like the only updates will be to "try" to get what was supposed to work to work.

    I was eagerly wanting since the day I jailbroke my iPh5s for Springtomize.
    Really looking forward to the past functionality as well looking forward to additional features for the iOS7 and had (yes I did) pay the extra $$$.

    It's not about the $$$ for me its about the lack of respect for the customer base / community.

    I have waited since its release and this is my opinion well actually everyone whom I have heard talking about Springtomize3 are disappointed as well think its abusive as well...


    Im going to end this here because I think I have made my point at least as far are I am concerned.
    --
    JW

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

    Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to n0m0n For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (01-28-2014)

  22. #57
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,577
    Thanks
    3,952
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Hmm.. Though your general point I would agree with - your actual facts are incorrect. Since the most recent update 2 days ago - EVERY SINGLE feature WORKS. Not a single one NOT working. At least not on my phone. True - they left out a few things they had before but that's because of limitations of iOS7. So IF - Filippo had a lot of broken features - I would agree with you. But you're just wrong, bro. .. The ONLY feature that was problematic at first was the HIDING OF APP ICONS - which created some crashing especially when Gridlock was installed. But that's been fixed in the update a couple of days ago.

    So not sure what all the fuss is.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  23. #58
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 39 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hmm.. Though your general point I would agree with - your actual facts are incorrect. Since the most recent update 2 days ago - EVERY SINGLE feature WORKS. Not a single one NOT working. At least not on my phone. True - they left out a few things they had before but that's because of limitations of iOS7. So IF - Filippo had a lot of broken features - I would agree with you. But you're just wrong, bro. .. The ONLY feature that was problematic at first was the HIDING OF APP ICONS - which created some crashing especially when Gridlock was installed. But that's been fixed in the update a couple of days ago.

    So not sure what all the fuss is.
    Well not for me.
    I have Infinidock installed so that I can have 2 docks or so I can slide to the next group and that does not work.
    When I try to add a icon for the next dock page the previous icon drops down and is unusable until I remove the 6th icon (in this case).

    The badges on icons 1 and 2 (five icon dock) appear behind the icons.
    Ive noticed conflicts and have crashed to the safe mode often since installing Springtomize3 and well that is to be expected since its new BUT to many issues for a tweak that went through testing (???) for about a week.

    All the option on my device don't work and are weak in respect to there counter tweaks that have more functionality to them.

    This is my opinion as well as a few ppl I correspond with.
    I am not slamming anyone and do not intend this to be a attack.
    I would just have hoped that if you were going to offer a product and charge you'd offer the previous options as well as whatever new and exciting functionality you could for an upgrade price.

    NOT charge for less.All the MORE options -GONE
    Mobile Substrates -GONE
    Setting Files -GONE
    Backup -GONE
    Theme -GONE (I understand prob because of changes to iOS 7)

    And numerous options that are not included in version3 that were in version 2.
    Double tap badges.. I don't want to do this.

    Im glad your happy with it.
    I am glad everything is working for you but not for me.

    Its just not worth $4.98 ($2.99 for v2 + 1.99 v3)
    --
    JW

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

    Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to n0m0n For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (01-28-2014)

  25. #59
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,577
    Thanks
    3,952
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Well not for me.
    I have Infinidock installed so that I can have 2 docks or so I can slide to the next group and that does not work.
    When I try to add a icon for the next dock page the previous icon drops down and is unusable until I remove the 6th icon (in this case).

    The badges on icons 1 and 2 (five icon dock) appear behind the icons.
    Ive noticed conflicts and have crashed to the safe mode often since installing Springtomize3 and well that is to be expected since its new BUT to many issues for a tweak that went through testing (???) for about a week.

    All the option on my device don't work and are weak in respect to there counter tweaks that have more functionality to them.

    This is my opinion as well as a few ppl I correspond with.
    I am not slamming anyone and do not intend this to be a attack.
    I would just have hoped that if you were going to offer a product and charge you'd offer the previous options as well as whatever new and exciting functionality you could for an upgrade price.

    NOT charge for less.All the MORE options -GONE
    Mobile Substrates -GONE
    Setting Files -GONE
    Backup -GONE
    Theme -GONE (I understand prob because of changes to iOS 7)

    And numerous options that are not included in version3 that were in version 2.
    Double tap badges.. I don't want to do this.

    Im glad your happy with it.
    I am glad everything is working for you but not for me.

    Its just not worth $4.98 ($2.99 for v2 + 1.99 v3)
    I don't ever recall Springtomize 2 being able to interact with Infinidock in that way and I've used both of those tweaks since iOS4. There's bound to be some conflict in the early days.

    And in your "GONE" list - you're not remembering your history well. The MORE button was 'neutered' in iOS6 when Saurik asked SBSettings developer and Springtomize developers to disable their MobileSubstrate switches because too many people were bricking their phones messing around in those Advanced windows. So you PAID for Springtomize 2 and then those options were still taken away from you. So they've been gone quite a while - never to return. BackUp being gone is a function of iOS7 limitations. You need to do a little more reading, Nom.

    Though I will agree, as I've said on other threads - that developers have been asking for the moon price-wise this time. Mostly it's because of all the hoops they've had to jump through to try to get their tweaks working in iOS7. Most have had to completely rewrite. The price you're paying for is for their TOTAL REWRITE time. The functions that have gone away - are because 'you can't get there from here' in iOS7.

    The disappearing icon and not being able to place things where you want them - is more likely a Gridlock issue than a Springtomize one. I use HomeScreenDesigner - so I don't need Gridlock. And Springtomize and Gridlock don't play nicely together right now. So my lack of Gridlock could also explain my stability over yours.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-28-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  26. #60
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 39 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I don't ever recall Springtomize 2 being able to interact with Infinidock in that way and I've used both of those tweaks since iOS4. There's bound to be some conflict in the early days.

    And in your "GONE" list - you're not remembering your history well. The MORE button was 'neutered' in iOS6 when Saurik asked SBSettings developer and Springtomize developers to disable their MobileSubstrate switches because too many people were bricking their phones messing around in those Advanced windows. So you PAID for Springtomize 2 and then those options were still taken away from you. So they've been gone quite a while - never to return. BackUp being gone is a function of iOS7 limitations. You need to do a little more reading, Nom.

    Though I will agree, as I've said on other threads - that developers have been asking for the moon price-wise this time. Mostly it's because of all the hoops they've had to jump through to try to get their tweaks working in iOS7. Most have had to completely rewrite. The price you're paying for is for their TOTAL REWRITE time. The functions that have gone away - are because 'you can't get there from here' in iOS7.

    The disappearing icon and not being able to place things where you want them - is more likely a Gridlock issue than a Springtomize one. I use HomeScreenDesigner - so I don't need Gridlock. And Springtomize and Gridlock don't play nicely together right now. So my lack of Gridlock could also explain my stability over yours.
    I was able to use Mobile Substrate the whole time so not sure.
    As for Gridlock its not on my device at this time.

    Though I am going to reinstall all my previous tweaks (I deleted because I though Springtomize would equally replace them) but that is not the case.
    I liked my devices functionality and look before I deleted them for Springtomize.
    Hopefully in the future things will change but again I rather not pay for Springtomize1 ,2, 3 for a lesser product.
    In my opinion.

    Thanks
    --
    JW

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

    Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to n0m0n For This Useful Post:

    BennyPR (01-28-2014)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts