+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'WeeTrackData7 for Notification Center' Lets You Monitor Your Cellular Data Usage

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Chances are, you have a data plan on your iPhone, and you might benefit from being able to keep track of the data that you're using. A lot of data
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'WeeTrackData7 for Notification Center' Lets You Monitor Your Cellular Data Usage

Chances are, you have a data plan on your iPhone, and you might benefit from being able to keep track of the data that you're using. A lot of data plans are capped these days, but even those with unlimited data on some carriers have to be careful of how much data they're using, or they run the risk of getting throttled data speeds.

A popular data-tracking Notification Center widget called WeeTrackData by iOS developer Albert Schulz has been re-released with iOS 7 support. The new version is called WeeTrackData7 for Notification Center, and as shown above, the widget gives you all kinds of information about your data usage every month.

The widget will show you information such as the amount of data you've downloaded, the amount of data you've uploaded, and the amount of data that you've used in total out of your allowed amount every month. You can swipe to the left on the widget to display your data usage for the last week, or for the day. It's visually displayed for you in the form of a progress bar.

After you install the widget, you will find a preferences pane in the Settings application where you can configure some options for the widget:

Here, you can enter the amount of data that your carrier lets you use every month. In this case, AT&T gives me 2GB of data per month, so I put about 2000MB in the monthly limit field (not exactly 2GB, just a rough estimate). You will also be able to put a number of megabytes in the "Already Used This Month" field so that the tweak knows how many megabytes you've used already when you install the tweak. This makes it so the tweak can do its math more accurately. If you haven't used any data yet for the month, you can set this to 0.

You'll also find a place to choose what day of the month that your billing cycle will start. You can pick a value from 1-28, or pick "Last day of the month" so that the widget automatically resets itself at the end of the month.

At the bottom of the preferences pane, you can enable or disable the space-saving version of the widget, which compresses the widget's size in Notification Center, or you can enable or disable the reverse bar feature, which lets you see how much data you have left to use instead of how much data you have already used.

All in all, WeeTrackData7 for Notification Center is a well-made data-tracking widget for iOS 7, and it looks great in Notification Center. If you want to give it a whirl, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. It's a free upgrade for anyone that owns the original WeeTrackData widget.

Name: WeeTrackData7 for Notification Center
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Albert Schulz
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is making my phone crash

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

At last I've found a use for notification center on iOS 7

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Loved this one on ios 6, hope it work as well on ios 7

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

DataMonitor is an alternative. A lot more features imo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia indicates I am unable to purchase. This product is not currently certified to be compatible with your device. I have an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's also cool to note that this tweak also puts a numerical value of your signal strength in the form if percent as soon in the ss's posted. Very handy tweak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Cydia indicates I am unable to purchase. This product is not currently certified to be compatible with your device. I have an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4.
    same here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very handy tweak but caused notification center to lag hard so I had to uninstall. I5 ios7.0.4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like the best integrated monitor for ios 7 so far, but I did like data usage monitor as every time you used 3G data it would change the clock to a data counter so you knew on the fly how much data you had used in that period. Doesn't work in 7 though