+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SMS Stats 2' Keeps Track of Your Messaging Statistics Right Inside of the Messages App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We send our friends, family, and co-workers so many text messages just to keep in touch with them or have a good laugh that sometimes it's almost unreal when we
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'SMS Stats 2' Keeps Track of Your Messaging Statistics Right Inside of the Messages App

We send our friends, family, and co-workers so many text messages just to keep in touch with them or have a good laugh that sometimes it's almost unreal when we see the actual numbers. If it ever comes to mind about how many text messages or iMessages you might be sending and receiving, then a new free jailbreak tweak called SMS Stats 2 by iOS developer Callum Ryan might interest you.

As shown above, SMS Stats 2 adds a new statistics button to your Messages application interface to the left of the compose button. When you tap on it, you will get a tabbed interface that shows you information such as the total amount of messages sent and received, the total amount of messages received, and the total amount of messages sent. The tabs let you split the information between total information, and information for just the last 28 days.

Under that, you can dissect the numbers further. You can see the total amount of SMS messages sent and received, the total amount of SMS messages sent, and the total amount of SMS messages received. Likewise, the tweak also gives you standalone information about iMessages. You can see the total amount of iMessages sent and received, the total amount of iMessages sent, and the total amount of iMessages received.

In addition, the tweak puts the same statistics button in the window of individual conversations, so you can see similar statistics for the individual people that you're messaging. To reveal it in an individual conversation, just tap on the "Contact" button at the top right of the application. This will let you know who you're sending and receiving the most amount of messages from.

Whether you might find these statistics interesting, or you want to keep your service provider on their toes by making sure they're charging you correctly, SMS Stats 2 is a great tweak for those that use the Messages application frequently and want to monitor their usage. The tweak is compatible with iOS 7 on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: SMS Stats 2
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Callum Ryan
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome tweak, easy access! Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does this work with bitesms as well?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Works well on my 4S running ios 7.0.4..thx !

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matthew_d View Post
    Does this work with bitesms as well?
    It is on mine. ip5

Thanks

what this app needs to do is have allow you to set a monthly date to reset the stats.

my billing ends on the 8th of every month. i want the stats to reset so i can see how many messages i use during the billing cycles