Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7.1 Beta 4 Reportedly Patches the evasi0n7 Jailbreak

Default iOS 7.1 Beta 4 Reportedly Patches the evasi0n Jailbreak

Apple's Monday seed of iOS 7.1 beta 4 to developers reportedly patches the evasi0n7 iOS 7 untethered jailbreak, Tweets well-known iOS hacker ih8sn0w.

According to the hacker, iOS 7.1 beta 4 closes a kernel exploit used by the evasi0n7 jailbreak tool, but the new seed does not fix a code-signing bug used by the evasi0n7 jailbreak tool.

Because the patch for the evasi0n7 jailbreak was implemented in a beta pre-release of the software, we do not expect evasi0n7 to be updated to support iOS 7.1 beta 4, even though evasi0n7 was recently updated to support iOS 7.1 beta 1,2, and 3. The only reason that iOS 7.1 beta 1, 2 and 3 were supported by evasi0n7 is because all of the vulnerabilities were still existent in those firmwares.

Any type of additional work on a jailbreak would have to wait until a public release of iOS 7.1, where a final version of the software is released to the public. Wasting exploits on beta software is generally not a good idea, as Apple will promptly fix the issue in a future beta. Apple is much slower to patch jailbreaks in public software releases.

If you're happily jailbroken on iOS 7.0-7.0.4, we suggest staying on your firmware and enjoying the benefits, as there is no real benefit to iOS 7.1 or any of its betas. If you're on iOS 6 and you're contemplating upgrading to iOS 7, you might want to do so soon before Apple releases iOS 7.1 to the public and stops signing jailbreakable versions of iOS 7.

Sources: ih8sn0w

I'm content with 7.0.4

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I thought jailbreaking was legal? Didn't Apple lose that fight in court? They shouldn't have the right to patch it. The main reason people buy iDevice's is for jailbreaking. Apple you kents

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

Anthonerz (01-22-2014), Jj2345 (01-21-2014)

Thanks

The usual verbiage but thank you nonetheless.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Sage I (01-22-2014)

No need to update I am good

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I thought jailbreaking was legal? Didn't Apple lose that fight in court? They shouldn't have the right to patch it. The main reason people buy iDevice's is for jailbreaking. Apple you kents
    I agree,I'm speaking for myself but the day when I can no longer jailbreak my iPhone will be the day I switch to android

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (01-21-2014)

I was content w/ mine on 5.1.1 but didn't get 4g w/ my service. So upgraded iOS 7. My other iPhone had iOS 6 but kept shrinking Cydia cuz of a wrong tweak installed. Both running iOS 7 now w/ jb n working great so far. I'm happy

It's Apple's software, so they have a right to patch whatever they want.

They don't have to leave security vulnerabilities in their software for people to hack into. That's just absurd. Lol.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

BrainSmashR (01-22-2014), Jato_BZ (01-21-2014), Nightwarrior305 (01-21-2014), Sage I (01-22-2014)

Yes but only for iPhones and iPods. It is still technically illegal to jailbreak an iPad but they won't go after anyone for it. They should have the right to patch it because it is considered a security flaw so they can patch and modify how they see fit. Not that I like them patching the exploits, I love jailbreaking.

The main reason people buy iDevice's is for jailbreaking.
    No. The large large large majority of iDevices are never jailbroken. You mistake "people" for "people on this forum". For every "power user" who is jailbreaking their device the are hundreds of regular users who aren't.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qumahlin For This Useful Post:

punjabi212 (01-22-2014), Sage I (01-22-2014)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Please do some research and use some common sense before making extremely dumb and wrong comments/assumptions like this...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

Sage I (01-22-2014)

The paltry patch release features are not worth the loss of Firewall-IP, PMP, ScreenDimmer, Infini-anything, Intelli-anything, Nitrous and Controllers-for-all with the Sony Dualshock 3 (along with many other cool tweaks). Hey Apple, keep that jailbreak patching update and see you in September (iPhone 6 & iOS8).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lohand For This Useful Post:

Sage I (01-22-2014)

I definitely love my jailbroken devices but you can't expect apple to leave known security vulnerabilities in iOS

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kraziebone For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-21-2014), iPhoneThereforeIAm (01-22-2014), Sage I (01-22-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm happy with 7.0.4 but scared if it ever gets ruined by a bad tweak and there is no way to restore without losing JB....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I agree,I'm speaking for myself but the day when I can no longer jailbreak my iPhone will be the day I switch to android
    I hate ios 7, the day i have to update, or when I cannot jailbreak anymore, is the day I will switch to who knows what... I don't like stock iOS, and I like Android even less. So really, I don't have any idea what I'm gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnopotamus View Post
    I'm happy with 7.0.4 but scared if it ever gets ruined by a bad tweak and there is no way to restore without losing JB....
    I'm on 6.1.4, and already screwed over... lol oh well, that's what I get for using version 1.0 of p0sixspwn when it was released...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to iH85CH001 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    I hate ios 7, the day i have to update, or when I cannot jailbreak anymore, is the day I will switch to who knows what... I don't like stock iOS, and I like Android even less. So really, I don't have any idea what I'm gonna do.

I'm on 6.1.4, and already screwed over... lol oh well, that's what I get for using version 1.0 of p0sixspwn when it was released...

I agree. I am on 6.1.2. Installed iLex on my iPhone as well. For cydia cleaning and semi restore And when my phone starts junking up, I just clean it up and stay where I am. No way I am updating my phone to iOS 7 by choice. Ever

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-21-2014), LittleGod (01-22-2014)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOneProfile For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-21-2014), Sage I (01-22-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    I agree. I am on 6.1.2. Installed iLex on my iPhone as well. For cydia cleaning and semi restore And when my phone starts junking up, I just clean it up and stay where I am. No way I am updating my phone to iOS 7 by choice. Ever
    Yea, I only am using 6.1.4 because thats what was on my iPhone 5 when I got it, I waited until the newer phones were released, so that I could get it from Best Buy, for a cheaper price. I got the 32GB model $100 off, simply because the newer phones were released 3 days earlier. And so, I did that because I was sure that they would make a new jailbreak sooner or later to cover the 6.1.4, so I just kept it in a drawer until then. And I was all happy and pleased, but then I started getting issues now, but we're working on fixing those now, hopefully we will be able to fix it, and maybe even push a package in cydia to help the fix for other users, as I am searching the internet, I am seeing that a lot of people actually are having the same issue(s) as me. And so, hopefully we will be able to work on a fix, and possibly release it to the public. I can work on the fix, but I don't know much about building packages, so I would have to rely on someone else to build the package and submit it or whatever else. But in case anyone else is having iTunes backup issues or Wifi issues, help is on the way; I am glad to inform you

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    I definitely love my jailbroken devices but you can't expect apple to leave known security vulnerabilities in iOS
    I agree with you, as these could be used for malware, even though they aren't currently, (as far as we know) but anyway the point is in the end, it is their software, they can do what they want really... Don't worry about security issues though, honestly they should just let Cydia into the app store, but eh whatever.

To be honest, I think if there was a way to install Cydia without rebooting or respringing, just having it install like a normal app, I think they might have a much better chance of having it accepted, if it just installed like a normal app does. I think that's one of the things that is holding back that submission and acceptance.
    Last edited by iH85CH001; 01-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfeind View Post
    Yes but only for iPhones and iPods. It is still technically illegal to jailbreak an iPad but they won't go after anyone for it. They should have the right to patch it because it is considered a security flaw so they can patch and modify how they see fit. Not that I like them patching the exploits, I love jailbreaking.
    Apple never went to court over this (other poster), and to the OP it's never been illegal to jailbreak the iphone. Highly recommend you read up on the issue.

The Library of Congress included jailbreaking as an allowed exemption to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) as found in the United States Code of Federal Regulations, Title 37 Part 201.40, in 2010. Read the ruling here: U.S. Copyright Office - Statement of the Librarian of Congress Relating to Section 1201 Rulemakings
    Hmm...

On that note, most of the tweaks in Cydia that I paid for haven't been updated for iOS 7.0.4. It's becoming pointless to go ahead and pay for a tweak that will no longer be available after an upcoming jailbreak.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GunHo198 For This Useful Post:

kosher1 (01-22-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast