+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Offers In-Store Display Repairs for its iPhone 5C

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Now Offers In-Store Display Repairs for its iPhone 5C

Owners of the mid-range iPhone 5C can now have their handset’s display replaced at Apple retail stores as opposed to being forced to swap phones or send the device off to a remote repair center. The $149 service originally started with the iPhone 5 last June and has now been extended to the iPhone 5C, though no other iPhone models, including Apple’s flagship iPhone 5S, are covered. The folks over at CNN Money were the first to note the change.

Customers can expect the process to take about one hour in any US Apple retail store. Technicians are currently using advanced display calibration machines to help ensure a perfect fit. Although there are whispers that the program will soon find its way into Apple’s UK retail stores, there is no confirmed information regarding the matter as of yet.

The whole effort is part of Tim Cook’s push to sell more handsets in the company’s own stores. iPhone repairs are said to have been given a top priority at the stores’ Genius Bar as a result of the effort. This is likely because iPhone owners without AppleCare+ or access to the faster in-store programs often turn to third-party repair services that can void the devices’ warranty.

How do you feel about the new repair availability?

Source: Apple via CNN Money

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

No love for the iPhone 5S owners?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    No love for the iPhone 5S owners?
    In the works.

Thanks

For that much money I'd rather purchase a new phone and have all new parts (including the batery) instead of just a new screen on old guts.

Thanks

$60-$80 online. Obviously cheaper if you do it yourself. I agree, I would either fix myself or just buy a new one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Moneymikey (01-21-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe the "Out of warranty" price to replace an iPhone 5C is $269. That included damaged screen, water damage or any catastrophic damage due to user miss use. This $149 is to keep your warranty in tact. But..... after the year is up on the warranty, I would not bring my iPhone to Apple to have it fixed. Here in Louisiana we have a few options with stores that fix smartphone screens for right at $100.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    I believe the "Out of warranty" price to replace an iPhone 5C is $269. That included damaged screen, water damage or any catastrophic damage due to user miss use. This $149 is to keep your warranty in tact. But..... after the year is up on the warranty, I would not bring my iPhone to Apple to have it fixed. Here in Louisiana we have a few options with stores that fix smartphone screens for right at $100.
    I thought screens are always out of warranty when broken? The Story does not say if a 5c broken screen is 149 or its more if out of warranty