Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,779
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

    Default Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4


    On Monday, following speculation that iOS 7.1 beta 4 would soon reach developers, Apple surprised many by seeding the update.

    As of this writing, the update is available for download from Apple's developer website and, of course, over-the-air on test devices.

    So far, we're hearing that Beta 4 (build number 11D5134c) addresses a previously uncovered bug that was resulting in messages displaying a failure message shortly after they had been sent. Unfortunately, work still needs to be done in other areas. For example, per Apple's release notes, 32-bit apps running on a 64-bit device cannot attach to BTServer.

    A compatibility behavior has been added to address an issue where some web servers would send the wrong Content-Length value for “Content-Encoding: gzip” content. Previously, NSURLConnection and NSURLSession would send a “network connection was lost” / NSURLErrorNetworkConnectionLost (-1005) error in this situation.

    The compatibility behavior applies only if the Content-Length value exactly matches the expanded gzip’d content. It won’t apply for “off by 1” or similar miscounting.
    If all goes as planned, we hear that Apple should drop iOS 7.1 to the public sometime in March.

    Source: Apple

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,286
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    Restoring up now...brb

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Restoring up now...brb
    if you want to keep a jailbreak, heads up:

    http://cl.ly/TScZ

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

    Domtastic (01-20-2014)

  5. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,286
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    Great...

  6. #5
    right now, I'm preparing for a long long journey...again...?

  7. #6
    March, if you have not jailbreak now is the time with IOS 7 after March it may be long time until you can again

  8. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    672
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    again

  9. #8
    Not sure what people see in this beta to make the switch. (Besides a new lock screen shadow)

  10. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,286
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    Well...you have to eventually...they expire...

    Best bet is go back to 7.0.4 if u wanna keep JB...

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Well...you have to eventually...they expire...

    Best bet is go back to 7.0.4 if u wanna keep JB...
    Can you go back?

  12. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,286
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    Sure...as long as Apple is still signing it..which they will until public 7.1 comes out..

    But!!! I don't believe you can restore a backup from beta in 7.0.4...

    I never restore from backup so someone else needs to validate that, that has...

    I've got confirmation from 1 person that can't restore a 7.1 beta backup to 7.0.4...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 01-20-2014 at 07:24 PM.

  13. #12
    Anyone know if this release patches the evasi0n iOS 7 exploit?

  14. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,286
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    I thought I saw a tweet from iH8sn0w saying it did...

    I might try it myself later to see

  15. #14
    I'll be staying on 7.0.4,no thanks I need my jailbreak

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

    hogcia (01-20-2014), WHUDS (01-20-2014)

  17. #15
    It did patch the jb. This is why the release of the jb in December was an idiot move, unless they have other exploits waiting for 7.1.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by icebox93 View Post
    It did patch the jb. This is why the release of the jb in December was an idiot move, unless they have other exploits waiting for 7.1.
    And what if they held back and Apple still patched it?

    Really there is no telling.

    No update is already installed so that over the air update will not download!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Sure...as long as Apple is still signing it..which they will until public 7.1 comes out..

    But!!! I don't believe you can restore a backup from beta in 7.0.4...

    I never restore from backup so someone else needs to validate that, that has...

    I've got confirmation from 1 person that can't restore a 7.1 beta backup to 7.0.4...
    Yes I thought every step up keeps you from going back Iphone 4s and higher. So no matter if they are signing or not your stuck.
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-20-2014 at 08:00 PM.

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    And what if they held back and Apple still patched it?

    Really there is no telling.
    Well, they held the jb for iOS 6 until 6.1 was released and apple didn't patch the exploits needed for that. And apple can't patch what they don't know is wrong. So there is telling. It was a certainty that the jailbreak would be patched before 7.1 if they released it early, as apple always patches exploits within a few weeks of their release. On the other hand, it was highly likely the exploits would not have been patched had they kept the jb under wraps until 7.1

    This jb was rushed out because of the Chinese deal, which they regretted almost immediately after release.

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by icebox93 View Post
    Well, they held the jb for iOS 6 until 6.1 was released and apple didn't patch the exploits needed for that. And apple can't patch what they don't know is wrong. So there is telling. It was a certainty that the jailbreak would be patched before 7.1 if they released it early, as apple always patches exploits within a few weeks of their release. On the other hand, it was highly likely the exploits would not have been patched had they kept the jb under wraps until 7.1

    This jb was rushed out because of the Chinese deal, which they regretted almost immediately after release.
    There were 2 evasi0n jailbreaks for iOS 6... One for 6.0.X and another for 6.1.X

  21. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by icebox93 View Post
    Well, they held the jb for iOS 6 until 6.1 was released and apple didn't patch the exploits needed for that. And apple can't patch what they don't know is wrong. So there is telling. It was a certainty that the jailbreak would be patched before 7.1 if they released it early, as apple always patches exploits within a few weeks of their release. On the other hand, it was highly likely the exploits would not have been patched had they kept the jb under wraps until 7.1

    This jb was rushed out because of the Chinese deal, which they regretted almost immediately after release.
    Please, Apple has hackers just like the dev team looking for exploits, It could of been found Without release, anyway whats the big deal? My battery life is decent currently, what if 7.1 causes lousy battery life for what a tiny upgrade?

  22. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Restore 7.0.4 with 7.1 backup file
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Sure...as long as Apple is still signing it..which they will until public 7.1 comes out..

    But!!! I don't believe you can restore a backup from beta in 7.0.4...

    I never restore from backup so someone else needs to validate that, that has...

    I've got confirmation from 1 person that can't restore a 7.1 beta backup to 7.0.4...

    Yes you can, using Xcode or other .plist editor. You can edit the info.plist file. Edit the build version to your ipsw's build version and product version to the version you want to downgrade to. Just locate the backup you want to use, change the 2 fields and restore.

    Windows: CUsers[Your username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup[Your UDID]

    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/[Your UDID]/

    After that just restore the backup normally. If an error popped up at the end, ignore it. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •