Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4

On Monday, following speculation that iOS 7.1 beta 4 would soon reach developers, Apple surprised many by seeding the update.

As of this writing, the update is available for download from Apple's developer website and, of course, over-the-air on test devices.

So far, we're hearing that Beta 4 (build number 11D5134c) addresses a previously uncovered bug that was resulting in messages displaying a failure message shortly after they had been sent. Unfortunately, work still needs to be done in other areas. For example, per Apple's release notes, 32-bit apps running on a 64-bit device cannot attach to BTServer.

A compatibility behavior has been added to address an issue where some web servers would send the wrong Content-Length value for “Content-Encoding: gzip” content. Previously, NSURLConnection and NSURLSession would send a “network connection was lost” / NSURLErrorNetworkConnectionLost (-1005) error in this situation.

The compatibility behavior applies only if the Content-Length value exactly matches the expanded gzip’d content. It won’t apply for “off by 1” or similar miscounting.
    If all goes as planned, we hear that Apple should drop iOS 7.1 to the public sometime in March.

Source: Apple

Thanks

Restoring up now...brb

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Restoring up now...brb
    if you want to keep a jailbreak, heads up:

http://cl.ly/TScZ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

Domtastic (01-20-2014)

Thanks

Great...

right now, I'm preparing for a long long journey...again...?

March, if you have not jailbreak now is the time with IOS 7 after March it may be long time until you can again

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

again

Not sure what people see in this beta to make the switch. (Besides a new lock screen shadow)

Thanks

Well...you have to eventually...they expire...

Best bet is go back to 7.0.4 if u wanna keep JB...

Well...you have to eventually...they expire...

Best bet is go back to 7.0.4 if u wanna keep JB...
    Can you go back?

Thanks

Sure...as long as Apple is still signing it..which they will until public 7.1 comes out..

But!!! I don't believe you can restore a backup from beta in 7.0.4...

I never restore from backup so someone else needs to validate that, that has...

I've got confirmation from 1 person that can't restore a 7.1 beta backup to 7.0.4...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 01-20-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Anyone know if this release patches the evasi0n iOS 7 exploit?

Thanks

I thought I saw a tweet from iH8sn0w saying it did...

I might try it myself later to see

I'll be staying on 7.0.4,no thanks I need my jailbreak

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

hogcia (01-20-2014), WHUDS (01-20-2014)

It did patch the jb. This is why the release of the jb in December was an idiot move, unless they have other exploits waiting for 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by icebox93 View Post
    It did patch the jb. This is why the release of the jb in December was an idiot move, unless they have other exploits waiting for 7.1.
    And what if they held back and Apple still patched it?

Really there is no telling.

No update is already installed so that over the air update will not download!!!!!

Sure...as long as Apple is still signing it..which they will until public 7.1 comes out..

I've got confirmation from 1 person that can't restore a 7.1 beta backup to 7.0.4...
    Yes I thought every step up keeps you from going back Iphone 4s and higher. So no matter if they are signing or not your stuck.
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-20-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    And what if they held back and Apple still patched it?

Really there is no telling.
    Well, they held the jb for iOS 6 until 6.1 was released and apple didn't patch the exploits needed for that. And apple can't patch what they don't know is wrong. So there is telling. It was a certainty that the jailbreak would be patched before 7.1 if they released it early, as apple always patches exploits within a few weeks of their release. On the other hand, it was highly likely the exploits would not have been patched had they kept the jb under wraps until 7.1

This jb was rushed out because of the Chinese deal, which they regretted almost immediately after release.

Well, they held the jb for iOS 6 until 6.1 was released and apple didn't patch the exploits needed for that. And apple can't patch what they don't know is wrong. So there is telling. It was a certainty that the jailbreak would be patched before 7.1 if they released it early, as apple always patches exploits within a few weeks of their release. On the other hand, it was highly likely the exploits would not have been patched had they kept the jb under wraps until 7.1

This jb was rushed out because of the Chinese deal, which they regretted almost immediately after release.
    There were 2 evasi0n jailbreaks for iOS 6... One for 6.0.X and another for 6.1.X

Please, Apple has hackers just like the dev team looking for exploits, It could of been found Without release, anyway whats the big deal? My battery life is decent currently, what if 7.1 causes lousy battery life for what a tiny upgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
    Thanks

Default Restore 7.0.4 with 7.1 backup file

Yes you can, using Xcode or other .plist editor. You can edit the info.plist file. Edit the build version to your ipsw's build version and product version to the version you want to downgrade to. Just locate the backup you want to use, change the 2 fields and restore.

Windows: CUsers[Your username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup[Your UDID]

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/[Your UDID]/

After that just restore the backup normally. If an error popped up at the end, ignore it. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast