Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Put Shortcuts to Your Favorite Contacts in Notification Center in iOS 7

Default How to Put Shortcuts to Your Favorite Contacts in Notification Center in iOS 7

Sometimes you need quick access to getting in touch with your most important friends and family. Since Notification Center is easy to get to in most situations, iOS developer 2peaches has made a new add-on for Notification Center dubbed Favorite Contacts 7 for Notification Center that lets you access to favorite contacts right from a new Notification Center widget, as shown above.

The widget populates itself from the favorite contacts that you have set in your Phone application, and it shows their names, as well as their contact photos (iOS 7-style) in Notification Center under a new Phone section.

You can have it set so that when you tap on any of your contacts, you will automatically initiate either a phone call, text message, or e-mail, or you can have the widget prompt you to ask you what you want to do:

The widget adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the behavior of the widget, as well as the appearance, and functionality:

You can show or hide names altogether, choose to only show the first names by hiding the last names, enable or disable labels, choose to show either 4 or 5 contacts per page, enable paging indicators, and set up your contact options. Here, you can choose what will happen when you tap on a contact either you will set up an alert box that will bring up contact options, or you can set up a standard action that will happen whenever you tap on any of your contacts.

You'll also need to visit your Notification Center preferences pane to enable the widget and choose its position in Notification Center. Each time you make changes tot he widget's settings, you'll want to disable and then re-enable the widget to save your changes:

Favorite Contacts 7 for Notification Center is a very polished, iOS 7-esque time-saver for those that are always in need of getting in touch with certain people. If you're looking for some kind of functionality like this for your Notification Center, we could certainly recommend this tweak, as it's both reliable and aesthetically pleasing.

Favorite Contacts 7 for Notification Center is available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. It can only be installed on iOS 7 devices.

Name: Favorite Contacts 7 for Notification Center
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: 2peaches
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Ive tried it... Crashes when I add names. Otherwise, very useful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have set the settings to show name only and even if i do a complete reboot, re-spring the name never appears. Otherwise it works flawlessly on my 5S. I don't know why the names won't show up.

I've had this since it was released on 7 and it hasn't fully worked or had an update since. It's a broken app for the 5s so far. I really want this to work. It doesn't carry the pics over from some of my favorite contacts. It's just a blank spot. The names don't show, either. So I have a few blank spots that I can click on and choose if I want to call, text, or email, but it's roulette on who gets that message. :P I've rebooted, re-installed and respringed; no luck so far.

Hope it's updated soon. I had this before 7 as well and I remember it working pretty well.

Bought it for ios6 from same dev. No discount for this version and a higher price this time.
    will NOT buy this twice.

Thanks

can you can add a group for group texting? ill buy it with that added

I'm also tried, but i have no idea to put shortcut in notification Center in iOS 7..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Names don't show up for me. I hope they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by omit View Post
    I'm also tried, but i have no idea to put shortcut in notification Center in iOS 7..
    You have to go to Settings, then Notification Center and select it there.

They pushed an update out yesterday, but it's still broken. Pics still aren't coming through. There's placeholders now so you don't see a blank space. When you click a name to call, it does nothing. It'll get there I suppose.

I'll try now. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mexchorizo View Post
    I have set the settings to show name only and even if i do a complete reboot, re-spring the name never appears. Otherwise it works flawlessly on my 5S. I don't know why the names won't show up.
    Ditto. Seems to work perfectly on my 5S with the exception of names.