+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ColorFlow' is Yet Another Music App-coloring Tweak That Uses Your Album Art for Colors

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'ColorFlow' is Yet Another Music App-coloring Tweak That Uses Your Album Art for Colors

Earlier today, we showed you Colorize, a tweak that would color your Music application in iOS 7 to match the color tones in the album artwork of the music that you're listening to. The coloring adds a nice touch of customization and character to your music application.

Another developer by the name of David Goldman has made a similar tweak dubbed ColorFlow that also colorizes your Music application with your album art in mind, as shown above.

ColorFlow is a nice addition to any iOS device with music synced to its music application. The touch to the Music application user interface is very balanced and makes the interface look streamlined and appealing.

We compared ColorFlow to Colorize, and we can tell right off the bat the the developers each used different methods for changing the Music application's user interface colors. Each tweak produces different results with the same album artwork, but both tweaks appear to change the colors of the same user interface elements.

One of the major differences is that ColorFlow is all automatic, and Colorize gives the user the ability to enable or disable the tweak on demand from the Settings application. On the other hand, ColorFlow is a little more polished; it will change the Status Bar to white text when the background color is dark, and will change the Status Bar to black text when the background color is light; Colorize won't do this.

ColorFlow seems to be the superior tweak between the two, but if you're looking to save a little money, Colorize is still an option. ColorFlow will set you back $1.99 from Cydia's BigBoss repository, while Colorize will set you back 99.

If you want to give ColorFlow a try, it's available right now. There are no options to configure and the tweak is only for iOS 7. ColorFlow is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit iOS devices.

Name: ColorFlow
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: David Goldman
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

The music player should do this already. iTunes does something similar, when viewing an album, so why can't the iPhone? But neither of these is really worth the money, IMHO.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrules View Post
    The music player should do this already. iTunes does something similar, when viewing an album, so why can't the iPhone? But neither of these is really worth the money, IMHO.
    Really? $2 is too much money? I find it a very fair price for this tweak

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyydaveyy For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (01-19-2014)

Banned
    Thanks

How about making a way to change the color of everything. I hate the white of IOS7 and would love to see the gray from IOS6 everywhere instead.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c1972798 View Post
    How about making a way to change the color of everything. I hate the white of IOS7 and would love to see the gray from IOS6 everywhere instead.
    I concur

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

Blurredmusicapp is good enough for me and it's free

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper488 For This Useful Post:

novadam (01-20-2014)

Thanks

how about we get a tweak for the Podcast App?? I mostly download podcast of my favorite DJ radio shows and since podcasts are now a separate app from the iPod app, it kinda gets left out.

and yes, $2 is too much money for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    how about we get a tweak for the Podcast App?? I mostly download podcast of my favorite DJ radio shows and since podcasts are now a separate app from the iPod app, it kinda gets left out.

and yes, $2 is too much money for this.
    I'm pretty sure colorize has a option in the settings pane for podcasts...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ColorFlow doesn't show up in the BigBoss repo for me.