+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Begin Replacing Damaged iPhone 5c Screens in-store Next Week

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Broken screens are one of the most common issues that customers bring iPhones back to the Apple Store for. We are all familiar with the fact that one unlucky drop
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 808 Posts

Default Apple to Begin Replacing Damaged iPhone 5c Screens in-store Next Week

Broken screens are one of the most common issues that customers bring iPhones back to the Apple Store for. We are all familiar with the fact that one unlucky drop of any of our iOS devices can mean a shattered screen for life; unless, of course, we're willing to pay the pretty penny to have it fixed.

Those that have an iPhone 5c with a damaged screen will soon be able to have only the screen replaced in Apple Stores, rather than having the entire handset replaced with another iPhone 5c handset.

As our friends at 9to5Mac report, Apple plans to begin replacing screens instead of entire iPhone 5c units nationwide in Apple Stores on January 20th; this coming Monday, which happens to be Martin Luther King day. The replacement for the screen is much cheaper for the customer than having to get a whole new iPhone 5c, coming in at about $149, but is also less costly to Apple, as the screens are cheaper to produce than an entire iPhone 5c handset.

Once Apple begins this program, if you're one of those unlucky iPhone 5c owners with a broken screen, all you'll need to do is set up an appointment at your local Apple Store, and the staff will gladly assist you in guiding you to the right place to go to have your screen replaced.

Sources: 9to5Mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so my friend actually broke his screen last week and went in and they told him to buy a new one for $269 on Tuesday or Wednesday I believe... he is gonna be pissed when he hears this. Do you think Apple will do anything about it if he goes back and argues?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I do mine myself. Much cheaper. Ipads n ipods too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

hogcia (01-17-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
    so my friend actually broke his screen last week and went in and they told him to buy a new one for $269 on Tuesday or Wednesday I believe... he is gonna be pissed when he hears this. Do you think Apple will do anything about it if he goes back and argues?
    Its doubtful anything will transpire. But why not test the waters and complain. Even if your friend does not get a full refund, maybe Apple will give them some sort of gift cert or something..wortha shot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

149 is a fair deal

Thanks

I had to pay 200$ for my HTC One S when i had it then i went to iphone!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
    So he bought a new phone? or New screen? I would see him wining if only a screen, phone, no

Why can't they do this for I4,4s,5 and 5s? Why just 5c?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

I started owning the 1st gen up till now i5, never ever had a broken screen .

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    So he bought a new phone? or New screen? I would see him wining if only a screen, phone, no

I believe the iPhone 4 screen isn't so easy to replace (I could be wrong) but I was under the impression the iPhone 4's screen and the display were attached together

Thanks

People who are careless break their screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
    I believe the iPhone 4 screen isn't so easy to replace (I could be wrong) but I was under the impression the iPhone 4's screen and the display were attached together
    to access the screen on the 4 and 4s you had to take out all the innards of the phone. The 5 onward are like the 3G and 3GS and the screen is accessed from the front

Thanks

So what is the price to get your screen fixed?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I started owning the 1st gen up till now i5, never ever had a broken screen .
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Same here. +1 I wonder everytime is see ^^^teens(especially girls) shoving their phones in their back pockets and sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    to access the screen on the 4 and 4s you had to take out all the innards of the phone. The 5 onward are like the 3G and 3GS and the screen is accessed from the front
    yes that's right, I have done one and it is a pain. Not that it's hard but keeping track of all the screws and what goes where and such.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
    I can tell you first hand that the 4S is a total pain in the *** to replace. I had to basically take the entire thing apart to replace it. The 5 is much easier to replace the screen on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Uh, not really. I'm super careful with my phone and it popped out of my pocket one day and landed just right. Shattered my screen so I replaced it myself. Anyone can have a little bad luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post

The cons outweigh the pros for the 4/4s.
    5 is possible and 5s I would imagine is in the works.

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, the screen on the 4/4S involves taking the whole damn phone apart. It's something crazy like almost 40 tiny little screws. Takes me about an hour to replace one being all meticulous and what not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The iPhone 4/4S screen repair isn't that bad.Takes me about 15 minutes for teardown and reassembly.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Or you could just buy one online (could be customized) for 30-50$ (LED always included) and install yourself.. Or pay $60 and have someone else do it for you.. but ya know.. buying pretty much a new phone sounds worth it..

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JediSky671 View Post
    The iPhone 4/4S screen repair isn't that bad.Takes me about 15 minutes for teardown and reassembly.
    Sure if you do them constantly. Not everyone replaces their screen on a regular basis. Your average person will find this a bit overwhelming most likely.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Sure if you do them constantly. Not everyone replaces their screen on a regular basis. Your average person will find this a bit overwhelming most likely.
    Which i use to my advantage to gain financially.