+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Begin Replacing Damaged iPhone 5c Screens in-store Next Week

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I highly doubt(I'm sure there are some) that most people can do a replacement on a 4/4s in 15 minutes.
    Thanks

I highly doubt(I'm sure there are some) that most people can do a replacement on a 4/4s in 15 minutes.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
    so my friend actually broke his screen last week and went in and they told him to buy a new one for $269 on Tuesday or Wednesday I believe... he is gonna be pissed when he hears this. Do you think Apple will do anything about it if he goes back and argues?
    APPLE does a full refund if the customer is not happy with the product within 30 days of purchase HURRY

so my friend actually broke his screen last week and went in and they told him to buy a new one for $269 on Tuesday or Wednesday I believe... he is gonna be pissed when he hears this. Do you think Apple will do anything about it if he goes back and argues?
    APPLE offers a 30 day money back guaranteed if not satisfied with the item HURRY

Thanks
    The kiosk in my hometown mall will replace them for 85

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    So he bought a new phone? or New screen? I would see him wining if only a screen, phone, no

Why can't they do this for I4,4s,5 and 5s? Why just 5c?

it was a new phone, brand new one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I can tell you first hand that the 4S is a total pain in the *** to replace. I had to basically take the entire thing apart to replace it. The 5 is much easier to replace the screen on.

Uh, not really. I'm super careful with my phone and it popped out of my pocket one day and landed just right. Shattered my screen so I replaced it myself. Anyone can have a little bad luck.
    Oh I'm sure the phone just popped out of your pocket one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Same here. +1 I wonder everytime is see ^^^teens(especially girls) shoving their phones in their back pockets and sit down.

yes that's right, I have done one and it is a pain. Not that it's hard but keeping track of all the screws and what goes where and such.
    Most teenagers are extremely stupid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx_Illusions_xX For This Useful Post:

WHUDS (01-18-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
    I believe the iPhone 4 screen isn't so easy to replace (I could be wrong) but I was under the impression the iPhone 4's screen and the display were attached together
    Hmm my friend broke the top glass on his 4 with the bottom screen intact? Thought they could be separated?

it was a new phone, brand new one
    Then I do not hold high hopes, That was a discount since the full price was over 400 I thought

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    APPLE does a full refund if the customer is not happy with the product within 30 days of purchase HURRY

APPLE offers a 30 day money back guaranteed if not satisfied with the item HURRY
    That's incorrect, a replacement device is not the same. It's a service transaction not a sales transaction. Therefore no refund.
    I would still go in and see if there is a credit that they can offer. Other than that your buddy is kind of outta luck..
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 01-18-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    That's incorrect, a replacement device is not the same. It's a service transaction not a sales transaction. Therefore no refund.

I would still go in and see if there is a credit that they can offer. Other than that your buddy is kind of outta luck..
    I agree with the first but the second:

Do you expect Apple to give 100's of people all over the US a discount because they broke the phones screen and instead of getting a new screen they were given a 200 discount on a new phone? I don't get it? Now instead of $200 you want more? You think all of a sudden Apple should give you a new phone for $149? Really?
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-18-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks

I agree with the first but the second:

Do you expect Apple to give 100's of people all over the US a discount because they broke the phones screen and instead of getting a new screen they were given a 200 discount on a new phone? I don't get it? Now instead of $200 you want more? You think all of a sudden Apple should give you a new phone for $149? Really?
    I've seen it happen.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

WHUDS (01-19-2014)

Thanks

I've seen it happen.
    I thanked you, It just seems to me some Iphone owners feel entitled

"I upgraded last year so I should be able to this year when 8 to 10 months later Apple comes out with a new phone making mine a piece of trash, screw the 2 year contract talk"

"I dropped my phone, or it fell off the desk, and the screen broke! Obviously its Apple's fault so I should have it fixed for almost free."

My favorite mentality:

"So you and all 4 people in your family have and love Iphones BUT you also have and love Windows PCs? You have to get rid of that piece of trash PC because it crashes all the time with thousands of viruses ( no matter if none of this is true…I can tell you after 30 years PC programing with windows in past and current Windows 7 no crashes and no viruses in the family) get a MAC its perfect no crashes no viruses and its worth every ( 2 to 3 times) penny it costs"

I like to say I do not see this as a game, I do not believe the here-say and propaganda I live in a state of reality bliss.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (01-19-2014)

Thanks

I thanked you, It just seems to me some Iphone owners feel entitled

"I upgraded last year so I should be able to this year when 8 to 10 months later Apple comes out with a new phone making mine a piece of trash, screw the 2 year contract talk"

"I dropped my phone, or it fell off the desk, and the screen broke! Obviously its Apple's fault so I should have it fixed for almost free."

My favorite mentality:

"So you and all 4 people in your family have and love Iphones BUT you also have and love Windows PCs? You have to get rid of that piece of trash PC because it crashes all the time with thousands of viruses ( no matter if none of this is true…I can tell you after 30 years PC programing with windows in past and current Windows 7 no crashes and no viruses in the family) get a MAC its perfect no crashes no viruses and its worth every ( 2 to 3 times) penny it costs"

I like to say I do not see this as a game, I do not believe the here-say and propaganda I live in a state of reality bliss.
    I hear ya, depends on the situation critically. What's your line of work if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

I hear ya, depends on the situation critically. What's your line of work if you don't mind me asking?
    was IT back in 90's, went on into medicine.

Thats why I got into Iphones, I had a palm in the early 90's and the early Androids were just too buggy for me So when I could afford an Iphone I bought a first gen (year 2 for Iphone) and then upgraded to the 3 later and never looked back.

Thanks

was IT back in 90's, went on into medicine.

Thats why I got into Iphones, I had a palm in the early 90's and the early Androids were just too buggy for me So when I could afford an Iphone I bought a first gen (year 2 for Iphone) and then upgraded to the 3 later and never looked back.
    Gotcha, cool beans. Loved my palm treo. Ha

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12