+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BatteryLife' Shows You Useful Battery Information in a Neat-looking Interface

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'BatteryLife' Shows You Useful Battery Information in a Neat-looking Interface

For those of you that are like hawks when it comes to watching your iOS device's battery life with every change that you make, there's a handy new application in Cydia called BatteryLife by iOS developer rbt available that gives you a whole bunch of useful information in a pretty little iOS 7-esque interface.

Shown above, the application is very polished-looking, and it's very simple too. The application shows you the following useful information:

• Battery Charge Percent (based on mAh)
    • Capacity (based on mAh)
    • Voltage (based on mV)
    • Amount of Charge Cycles
    • Current Battery Temperature (your choice of C or F)
    • Current Charging State
    • Maximum Amount of Charger Current (in mA)
    • Amount of Discharge Current (in mA)

The information is beautifully delivered in a simplistic interface, and is updated every 20 seconds to be current with the device as you use the application. If you're unsure of what something means, you can tap on the little "i" information button to the left of the item to get a detailed explanation of what the item stands for. From the settings button at the top of the application, you can switch between C or F for battery temperature.

This application will be handy in letting you know whether or not your battery is performing as expected, and if you suspect you're experiencing a faulty battery, this application will certainly be the tool to help you find out if you need a new one.

If you want to give BatteryLife a try, it's available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository. The application is only for iOS 7 devices, and works with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Name: BatteryLife
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4, iPad Mini with retina display running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rbt
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-16-2014 at 07:58 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I like this, thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Looks interesting. It would seem the "discharge current" setting may be a good way to troubleshoot if a JB tweak is causing a significant drain on the battery.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Looks interesting. It would seem the "discharge current" setting may be a good way to troubleshoot if a JB tweak is causing a significant drain on the battery.
    Tweaks like this can drain battery too

just installed and read "updates every 20 to 30 seconds" Hmm may uninstall later if I see battery dropping faster

Uninstalled because battery dropped to 95% from 100 within 2 minutes and when my device resprung it was back up to 99% charge? I'm not sure about this tweak
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-17-2014 at 07:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Tweaks like this can drain battery too

just installed and read "updates every 20 to 30 seconds" Hmm may uninstall later if I see battery dropping faster

Uninstalled because battery dropped to 95% from 100 within 2 minutes and when my device resprung it was back up to 99% charge? I'm not sure about this tweak
    I'm sure the 20 to 30 seconds is only when the app is running. I've had battery issues ever since I went to 7.0.4 & seeing how my battery is somehow at about 50% capacity now is annoying. My 3GS last 3 years with the same battery & was at 75% capacity at the end of its run.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pioneer88's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 385 Posts

Inform Me is way better than this tweak.

Thanks

Does InformMe provide # of battery cycles? Description said it provides battery percentage.

Thanks

FYI Batterylife has been crashing my phone. It works once. Then crashes do I uninstalled.