Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BatteryLife' Shows You Useful Battery Information in a Neat-looking Interface

Default 'BatteryLife' Shows You Useful Battery Information in a Neat-looking Interface

For those of you that are like hawks when it comes to watching your iOS device's battery life with every change that you make, there's a handy new application in Cydia called BatteryLife by iOS developer rbt available that gives you a whole bunch of useful information in a pretty little iOS 7-esque interface.

Shown above, the application is very polished-looking, and it's very simple too. The application shows you the following useful information:

• Battery Charge Percent (based on mAh)
    • Capacity (based on mAh)
    • Voltage (based on mV)
    • Amount of Charge Cycles
    • Current Battery Temperature (your choice of C or F)
    • Current Charging State
    • Maximum Amount of Charger Current (in mA)
    • Amount of Discharge Current (in mA)

The information is beautifully delivered in a simplistic interface, and is updated every 20 seconds to be current with the device as you use the application. If you're unsure of what something means, you can tap on the little "i" information button to the left of the item to get a detailed explanation of what the item stands for. From the settings button at the top of the application, you can switch between C or F for battery temperature.

This application will be handy in letting you know whether or not your battery is performing as expected, and if you suspect you're experiencing a faulty battery, this application will certainly be the tool to help you find out if you need a new one.

If you want to give BatteryLife a try, it's available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository. The application is only for iOS 7 devices, and works with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Name: BatteryLife
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4, iPad Mini with retina display running iOS 7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rbt
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-16-2014 at 08:58 PM.

I like this, thanks.

Looks interesting. It would seem the "discharge current" setting may be a good way to troubleshoot if a JB tweak is causing a significant drain on the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Looks interesting. It would seem the "discharge current" setting may be a good way to troubleshoot if a JB tweak is causing a significant drain on the battery.
    Tweaks like this can drain battery too

just installed and read "updates every 20 to 30 seconds" Hmm may uninstall later if I see battery dropping faster

Uninstalled because battery dropped to 95% from 100 within 2 minutes and when my device resprung it was back up to 99% charge? I'm not sure about this tweak
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-17-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post

just installed and read "updates every 20 to 30 seconds" Hmm may uninstall later if I see battery dropping faster

Uninstalled because battery dropped to 95% from 100 within 2 minutes and when my device resprung it was back up to 99% charge? I'm not sure about this tweak
    I'm sure the 20 to 30 seconds is only when the app is running. I've had battery issues ever since I went to 7.0.4 & seeing how my battery is somehow at about 50% capacity now is annoying. My 3GS last 3 years with the same battery & was at 75% capacity at the end of its run.

Inform Me is way better than this tweak.

Does InformMe provide # of battery cycles? Description said it provides battery percentage.

FYI Batterylife has been crashing my phone. It works once. Then crashes do I uninstalled.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, first of all thanks for the review @Anthony Bouchard.
    I'm the developer of BatteryLife and we are reaching 1 million downloads pretty soon.

BatteryLife has been constantly improved. The App also shows your remaining talk time, browsing time, standby, etc. now.
    Thanks a lot for all the localizations I have a received from the community. Today it has 26 translations available.

Here are a few comments on your posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post

I can guarantee that BatteryLife does not drain your battery. The data is refreshed every 20 seconds (hardware limit by Apple), so it barely uses any CPU power. The refresh itself only takes a few milliseconds! But if you set your screen to full brightness, it sure will drain your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    Inform Me is way better than this tweak.
    I just installed Inform Me and while it provides some useful information, it does not provide ANY useful information about the battery. Also the "Battery Percentage" is wrong.
    You can't compare two totally different Apps/Tweaks.
    (and it crashes on iOS 8, btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by Miz.Michele View Post
    FYI Batterylife has been crashing my phone. It works once. Then crashes do I uninstalled.
    I'm sorry to hear about crashes. Since the time of your posting BatteryLife has had many updates. I'm sure it works now.
    I've had users sending my crash logs and sometimes other Tweaks (for example AnyAttach) crash BatteryLife.