+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnTunes for iOS 7 Lets iOS 7 Users Drag and Drop Media to Their Device Without iTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The highly popular PwnTunes jailbreak tweak by iOS developer SpiritOfLogic has been re-released with compatibility for iOS 7 – this version is called " PwnTunes for iOS 7 " in
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default PwnTunes for iOS 7 Lets iOS 7 Users Drag and Drop Media to Their Device Without iTunes

The highly popular PwnTunes jailbreak tweak by iOS developer SpiritOfLogic has been re-released with compatibility for iOS 7 – this version is called "PwnTunes for iOS 7" in Cydia if you were to search for it manually. PwnTunes for older versions of iOS is also available, but is a separate package.

PwnTunes allows users to drag and drop their media (music, photos, videos, and more) into their iOS device like it were a flash drive, allowing the user to bypass syncing with iTunes completely. The software works best with Windows (pretty much plug-and-play), but Mac users can technically use it too after installing XNJB to get around some of Mac OS X's very restrictive file-handling methods. The tweak also allows media from /var/mobile/Media/My Music to be imported into the Music application.

Not only does the tweak let you drag and drop media into Apple's pre-installed media applications like the Music application, Photos application, and so on, but you can also use PwnTunes to use your iOS device as a USB flash drive and store files on your iOS device that you can bring with you anywhere to any other computer.

PwnTunes for iOS 7 is a $5.99 upgrade for those that own PwnTunes already, but is $12.99 in Cydia for all new customers. A 10-day free trial is included.

Note: There is a known compatibility issue with Windows 8.1.

Sources: SpiritOfLogic
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-16-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks

Wow..haven't used this since iPhone 3GS or maybe iPhone 4. Was a great app as you don't need iTunes. Played vids as well. $5.99-$12.99 umm no thanks. Put it in the AppStore if you're trying to get rich haha.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (01-16-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Wow..haven't used this since iPhone 3GS or maybe iPhone 4. Was a great app as you don't need iTunes. Played vids as well. $5.99-$12.99 umm no thanks. Put it in the AppStore if you're trying to get rich haha.
    Yeaaa… this would easily get an approval from Apple on the App Store.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (01-16-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

I also had the previous version on my 4S to use with my work desktop since we could not install third party apps (made sense for a work pc). PwnTunes worked well in my case.

Not sure $5.99 is not that steep for the update, but since I haven't had the need for this type of transferring I will pass for now.

It is a good app for those interested.

iPhone? More like MyPhone loopweb's Avatar
    Thanks

Does not work on my 5s and still no Email respond from the Support

Thanks
    Thanked 6,266 Times in 1,617 Posts

This Tweak isnīt working... "known issue with windows 8.1" ?! iīm on windows 8 and my buddy loop is on windows 7 so here you go, some more OS issues

My pc connects to my phone and it is shown as hard disk. so far so good... itīs also possible to drag n drop files to the phone..nice nice

when i open my music/ipod app on the phone it shows a short popup that it is converting something ..cool so far... but the mp3 and m4b i have on my phone now donīt face up in my library..so WTF?

i have mailed that to the support some days ago but those guys donīt have fun to mail me a simple "sorry,we are on it" over.. and iīm really gettin p***ed now

i mean hey..i paid $12.99 for a non functional tweak and get no response?! have fun with my money guys

Last edited by D1LL1NG3R; 01-16-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    @D1LL1NG3R

My iPhone is a Part of Me cerber24's Avatar
    Thanks

i can add tones?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D1LL1NG3R View Post
    when i open my music/ipod app on the phone it shows a short popup that it is converting something ..cool so far... but the mp3 and m4b i have on my phone now donīt face up in my library..so WTF?
    Hi, this bug is new to me - sry!

So it does not import any music files at all?

Could you please send me a syslog and your phone serial to [email protected] ?

If that does not reveal the problem I would preapre a special debug version for you to track it down.

Thanks

This Tweak isnīt working... "known issue with windows 8.1" ?! iīm on windows 8 and my buddy loop is on windows 7 so here you go, some more OS issues

My pc connects to my phone and it is shown as hard disk. so far so good... itīs also possible to drag n drop files to the phone..nice nice

i have mailed that to the support some days ago but those guys donīt have fun to mail me a simple "sorry,we are on it" over.. and iīm really gettin p***ed now

i mean hey..i paid $12.99 for a non functional tweak and get no response?! have fun with my money guys

Support DMīed me kindly here on modmyi and we try to fix it...

iīll let you know whats up
    @D1LL1NG3R

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Yeaaa… this would easily get an approval from Apple on the App Store.
    You really think Apple would approve this? If you do, then you're nuts. Apple hates this kind of software. Apparently you're not aware that Apple has a closed OS system, this is why we have to jailbreak.

I use this tweak all the time to transfer music between my iPhone and other iDevices, works great.

Thanks

What does this do that Bridge doesn't? Is it worth it!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

It's being looked into. Are you using the latest beta version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    It's being looked into. Are you using the latest beta version?

"QUOTE on TWITTER
    @iRealSMS:If you have problems with #PwnTunes for iOS 7 not showing imported music plz set Settings -> Music -> Show All Music to ON. THX @D1LL1NG3R !

Settings -> iTunes & App Store-> SHOW ALL -> Music to ON as well #PwnTunes until next update which will fix this finally.

QUOTE END"

but those credits should go to @loopweb..may both of us
    @D1LL1NG3R

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been using Pwntunes for a few years now. I was forced to pay an upgrade fee (edit, iirc, I actually had to purchase again at full price) to use it on iOS 7, and this program is much more expensive than most tweaks available on Cydia (2-3x more expensive). And with all of that, it still doesn't work properly.

There's some sort of issue with Wifi. When I'm at home and connected to my Wifi network all my songs show and are selectable in the iPod app, even though some songs are Grey in color. When I'm not connected to my wifi, I lose half of my library (the grey songs either don't show up, or I have to select a song that works and then manually Skip Track to a grey colored song to listen to it).

I feel like asking for a refund at this point and instead using Bridge for similar functionality.
    Last edited by xecutionx; 01-18-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xecutionx View Post

I feel like asking for a refund at this point and instead using Bridge for similar functionality.
    What does this offer that Bridge doesn't?
    Last edited by confucious; 01-18-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What does this offer that Bridge doesn't?
    Bridge did not exist when I started using PwnTunes.

Thanks

I use this tweak all the time to transfer music between my iPhone and other iDevices, works great. [scratchhead]

[QUOTE=hogcia;6987208]You really think Apple would approve this? If you do, then you're nuts. Apple hates this kind of software. Apparently you're not aware that Apple has a closed OS system, this is why we have to jailbreak.

I think that was his point!