+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Updates Substrate Safe Mode With Improved Support for iOS 7 and 64-bit Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Wednesday, Substrate Safe Mode, created by Jay Freeman (Saurik) to protect users of jailbroken devices that might crash due to tweak conflicts and other issues, has been updated to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Saurik Updates Substrate Safe Mode With Improved Support for iOS 7 and 64-bit Devices

On Wednesday, Substrate Safe Mode, created by Jay Freeman (Saurik) to protect users of jailbroken devices that might crash due to tweak conflicts and other issues, has been updated to version 0.9.4000 with improved support for iOS 7 and 64-bit iOS devices.

The update makes the package more compatible with the iPhone 5s, iPad Mini with retina display, and iPad Air, in addition to several other iOS 7-capable devices.

The news comes just about two weeks after the release of the updated Mobile Substrate (now called Cydia Substrate) version 0.9.5000, which added support for iOS 7 devices in addition to 64-bit iOS devices. Both of these packages work hand-in-hand with each other to keep the jailbreak user safe from faulty tweaks and applications.

If you already have the package installed on your jailbroken iOS device, you will find the updated package under the Changes tab in the Cydia Store indicated by a red badge. The update is recommended for everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you Mr.Freeman for the great work... again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (01-16-2014), primalscream.40 (01-16-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

You Sir are a true Genius and type of person this planet needs more of. You are the King of Jailbreaking...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Checksum47 For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (01-16-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

➕ Volume up key while booting saved my phone from infinite boot loop yesterday, thank you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to karloz25 For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (01-16-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Ship it...! Thanks for making the iOS 7.0.4 Evasi0n7 jailbreak even better on the iPhone 4 & 5.

Many blessings and peace shall be provided to the ones that keep making the world better each day.

sju
    Thanks

before update winterboard worked just fine with changing icons, after update i got a lot of crashes, had to set up my 5S as new, and now winterbord doent work at all, nothing happens, if i try summerboard mode it goes in safe mode.
    what to do now ???

before update winterboard worked with changing icons just fine, after update my 5S got a lot of chrashes, had to set it up as a new phone and now wintherboard is not working, when i try to turn on summerboard it goes in safe mode.
    what to do now ??
    have tryet to remove all tweeks but same resultat.
    Last edited by sju; 01-16-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,017 Times in 3,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    before update winterboard worked just fine with changing icons, after update i got a lot of crashes, had to set up my 5S as new, and now winterbord doent work at all, nothing happens, if i try summerboard mode it goes in safe mode.
    what to do now ???

before update winterboard worked with changing icons just fine, after update my 5S got a lot of chrashes, had to set it up as a new phone and now wintherboard is not working, when i try to turn on summerboard it goes in safe mode.
    what to do now ??
    Je t'ai répondu sur l'autre sujet (Mobile Substrate updated).

Thanks

Ever since this update my phone crashed 5 times in one day! Smh

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    what to do now ???

what to do now ??
    I've never had any problems except that Winterboard didn't work before the update. Now I've had themes working for the whole time no problem, knock on wood.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PokemonDesigner For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I updated this package yesterday morning (only this package, so it must be the catalyst for my issues) & it threw my iPhone 4s into a continuous crash/respring loop lasting over 2 minutes, then finally go Safe Mode to work. I tried reinstalling the package on Cydia while in Safe Mode to no avail, it only caused the crash/respring loop to go on about 5 minutes straight. Once it finally was able to get into Safe Mode once more, I left it alone. Haven't been able to get my phone to snap out of it. I sent saurik an email via Cydia asking for help, but he is probably busy. Zepellin doesn't work, my Cydia apps no longer appear in Settings, but interestingly enough BytaFont 2 is still working.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,017 Times in 3,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trizzy View Post
    I updated this package yesterday morning (only this package, so it must be the catalyst for my issues) & it threw my iPhone 4s into a continuous crash/respring loop lasting over 2 minutes, then finally go Safe Mode to work. I tried reinstalling the package on Cydia while in Safe Mode to no avail, it only caused the crash/respring loop to go on about 5 minutes straight. Once it finally was able to get into Safe Mode once more, I left it alone. Haven't been able to get my phone to snap out of it. I sent saurik an email via Cydia asking for help, but he is probably busy. Zepellin doesn't work, my Cydia apps no longer appear in Settings, but interestingly enough BytaFont 2 is still working.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Yeah, you are in safe mode. BytaFont still affects fonts in that status.

You have the choice to :
    • uninstall Cydia Substrate. While this can come across as an excessive step, it'll add all tweaks with mobile substrates to your uninstall queue in Cydia, and uninstalling them will clean your phone up enough for safe reboots ;
    • open Cydia, and add the following source : apt.philippe97.ca/

Once the new packages will have fully loaded, search and install MSDisabler in Cydia.

Then exit Cydia, open MSDisabler (it'll have its own icon on your home screen), and toggle all items EXCEPT MobileSafety OFF.

Tap 'Respring'

Once your iPhone will have restarted, toggle back the dylibs one after the other, respringing in between. When your phone has issues again, you'll now know the culprit tweak to be uninstalled in Cydia.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (01-16-2014)

Thanks

This has broken the weather app for me, was working fine until I updated this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I've never had any problems except that Winterboard didn't work before the update. Now I've had themes working for the whole time no problem, knock on wood.
    Yeah the problems reported MAY be all the darn tweaks and not the substrate
    SMDH
    people just do an update with a lot of tweaks still installed and instantly blame the update