Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Touchy' Lets iPhone 5s Users Assign Applications to Fingerprints for Easy Access

Default 'Touchy' Lets iPhone 5s Users Assign Applications to Fingerprints for Easy Access

If you have an iPhone 5s, you've got to check out this new jailbreak tweak called Touchy by iOS developer Mitch Treece.

Touchy will allow you to assign specific applications to individual fingerprints so that you can put the finger of your choice on the Touch ID sensor and the application you have assigned to that finger will launch for you. You can be in an application or on your home screen; no matter where you might be, your device knows what fingers you've assigned to applications and it'll be watching for your fingerprints.

You won't have to search your home screen for your favorite applications anymore the best application shortcut in the world now comes in the form of just remembering what finger you assigned to an application, and Apple's latest hardware does the rest for you.

Touchy adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options:

You'll find a toggle for enabling or disabling the tweak on demand, as well as the ability to have the device vibrate when it doesn't recognize one of your fingerprints as being associated with an application. You'll also be able to assign some fingers to applications on your device they can be stock applications, Cydia applications, or App Store applications. You should respring your device after making changes in this preferences pane.

Touchy looks like a handy tweak for those with an iPhone 5s. It's fully compatible with BioProtect, but compatibility with other Touch ID-based tweaks are still pending and the developer notes that he's working on compatibility actively. If you want to download Touchy, it's available for the introductory price of $1.99 in Cydia's ModMyi repository, and will go up to $2.99 when the introductory sale is over.

Name: Touchy
    Price: $1.99 (usually $2.99)
    version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4, iPhone 5s
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Mitch Treece
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Seems cool, but I'd rather have so kind of on screen touch gesture to launch certain apps. Save the touch button for better uses.

This feature is coming to Activator, it's actually already there in the current beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
    This feature is coming to Activator, it's actually already there in the current beta.
    I already have this on activator... would be better if we could add more than 5 fingerprints, I use 4 of my fingers in general use which only left 1 finger spare for an activator shortcut. I set it so that Bitesms quick compose appears when I use my middle finger.

Thanks

Looks like ALL fingerprint related applications are going to cost. Haven't seen a free one yet.