+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MesaVibrate' Makes Your iPhone 5s Vibrate When a Fingerprint is Rejected by Touch ID

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple's iPhone 5s adds Touch ID , a feature capable of scanning your fingerprint to verify that you're the true owner of the iPhone before you gain access to the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'MesaVibrate' Makes Your iPhone 5s Vibrate When a Fingerprint is Rejected by Touch ID

Apple's iPhone 5s adds Touch ID, a feature capable of scanning your fingerprint to verify that you're the true owner of the iPhone before you gain access to the device and its contents. The feature is really cool, and we're seeing the jailbreak community make some really awesome uses out of the feature, such as some recently-released tweaks like BioProtect and iTouchSecure.

We expect that we'll continue to see even more awesome jailbreak tweaks that make use of Apple's Touch ID feature, but we can't ignore the small modifications to the feature that make using it even better. For example, a new free jailbreak tweak called MesaVibrate by iOS developer rootwheel.

MesaVibrate is a simple tweak for those with an iPhone 5s that will make the device vibrate whenever a fingerprint is rejected by Touch ID at the lock screen. It's a simple addition of haptic feedback to the Touch ID feature that seems like something Apple should have implemented from the start. A vibration gets your attention, and it seems like a great way to alert you that the fingerprint was wrong.

The tweak doesn't have any options to configure. The developer notes that the tweak could conflict with some tweaks, such as NoPowerSound, so install with caution. If you want to use MesaVibrate, you'll find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: MesaVibrate
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4, iPhone 5s
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: rootwheel
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-13-2014 at 11:29 AM.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you got the app's name wrong

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now I wish I had a 5S I have a 5, with all of the 5S tweaks... I love them...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There may not be any options to configure, but you need to have Settings>Sounds>Vibrate on Ring turned on for this nifty tweak to work.
    Last edited by galavanter; 01-13-2014 at 03:02 PM.