+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard Gets Fresh Update With Support for iOS 7 and 64-bit Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jigar7 I wonder when modmyi is going to write an article on more pressing matters... like FAILING WIFI ON 4S DEVICES WITH THE iOS 7.0.4 UPDATE &
    My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    I wonder when modmyi is going to write an article on more pressing matters... like FAILING WIFI ON 4S DEVICES WITH THE iOS 7.0.4 UPDATE & THAT APPLE DOESN'T CARE
    Or is this website too blinded by "how great Apple is! Apple can't be wrong! Apple is king!!?"

Let me make it clear... I love Apple products, but after this 4S ****... I refuse to buy any more Apple products. Can't believe Apple is pinning their **** on us consumers and charging all the 4S device owners for repairs... 200$...

For out of warranty 4S users: DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 7.0.4... IT WILL FRY/DISABLE YOUR WIFI CHIP!
    SAME ISSUE - and it seems it is pretty widespread. Somehow iOS 7.0.4 breaks the wifi on the 4S. Mine is going into Apple this week for a replacement.
    They will deny there is an issue but then make an exception for a replacement. This is my old phone I was going to give to my son. It is looooong out of warranty. You can bet they would not be giving me a new one if they didn't know there is an issue. Be sure and talk to a senior rep at Apple. The first person will tell you there is a fee of $19.99 to even talk to them... insist they connect you with a rep since the problem is related to the iOS. Or alternatively if you are close to a store drop in and talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Wrong place for this but hey, if you're so butthurt about it, email tim cook directly! Maybe you should have bought AppleCare...ever thought of that one? 7.0.4 is not what's at fault, if you knew anything about software/hardware integration you would know that. I'm not blindly praising Apple either, a lot of updates have issues...but you need to go have a nap, or something. If 7.0.4 broke 4S wifi, there would be many more complaints than yours. You get stuff done by asking nicely...you're probably the type that goes into the Apple store and yells to try and get his way, am I right?

On another note, Yay Jay! Gotta love all the updates coming through.
    He's not wrong. I have the same exact issue and Apple has agreed to replace my old 4S with no warranty (can't get one that long anyways). So don't be so quick to pop off on this guy about things you know nothing about. He and I have a legitimate issue with Apple and they should deal with it fairly. In my case they did and were easy to work with as usual. Apple customer service is top notch in my opinion. So other than the guy hijacking the thread he is not wrong.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 01-12-2014 at 01:00 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

LittleGod (01-13-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder when modmyi is going to write an article on more pressing matters... like FAILING WIFI ON 4S DEVICES WITH THE iOS 7.0.4 UPDATE & THAT APPLE DOESN'T CARE
    Or is this website too blinded by "how great Apple is! Apple can't be wrong! Apple is king!!?"

Let me make it clear... I love Apple products, but after this 4S ****... I refuse to buy any more Apple products. Can't believe Apple is pinning their **** on us consumers and charging all the 4S device owners for repairs... 200$...

For out of warranty 4S users: DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 7.0.4... IT WILL FRY/DISABLE YOUR WIFI CHIP!
    I have 7x on I5 and I4 with zero issues, are you sure its not hardware? how ios 7 handles things is not 100% different than ios 6 if it was some 6x tweaks would not work. So is what the op saying true? there is a 4s issue and wifi?
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-12-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks

pssst Gridlock has been updated

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-12-2014), Jaybell4444 (01-12-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, I need a bit of help! After updating my Cydia Substrate to version 0.9.5001, NONE of my tweaks seem to be working. (Virtual Home, CCloader, etc). I'm running an iPhone5S does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scrwey30x-- View Post
    Hey guys, I need a bit of help! After updating my Cydia Substrate to version 0.9.5001, NONE of my tweaks seem to be working. (Virtual Home, CCloader, etc). I'm running an iPhone5S does anyone else have this problem?
    All my stuff is working perfectly!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,301 Times in 3,839 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scrwey30x-- View Post
    Get out of Mobile Safe Mode
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (01-12-2014), Jato_BZ (01-13-2014), slim.jim (01-12-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    Thanks for the tip, been waiting for that.. Now off to uninstall iblank..

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone I know is still on a 4S on 7.0.4 and wayyyy out of warranty and have never had that problem.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-12-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

never heard of software breaking hardware !
    it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parishm For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-12-2014), dsg (01-12-2014)

Thanks

Thanks now to update cyueue?

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm stoked but will it work with the iPhone 5!?!?!?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Thank you Saurik!!!!!
    Cydia is updated, and it does not show the correct winterboard update for the 5S.. Any clues?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Excited to see this on my iPad mini today! Whoop, fixed reboot loop.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyIphoneIsCracK View Post
    Cydia is updated, and it does not show the correct winterboard update for the 5S.. Any clues?
    go to the Changes tab and Refresh
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-13-2014), Jato_BZ (01-13-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Apple did away w/ all the extra masking except for AppIconMask. My mask is working out good, though!
    Im not so sure what everyone's so worried about with this. Theme designers will simply create a Mask template in PhotoShop - that includes shadows, masks etc all as different layers.. Then they'll build the different icons and add the mask layers to it and it will imprint on every icon. It just won't be as simple as an auto mask. But not that much harder. It's not as if we've been used to a different mask and shadow on every icon created. We can build more masking into the wallpapers released too.

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    And works BEAUTIFULLY on 5S too!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    rename your themes Info.plist and respring see if they come back
    And those of you on ARM64 (5S, iPad Mini Retina) will want to rename all you info.plists to delete them so they can't engage in older themes running in new Winterboard.. Else any HTML iWidgets or dylib widgets will cease functioning. And your phone could get real crashy.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-12-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Infinidock is awesome, but it is a paid app
    Yeah after paying hundreds of dollars for an iPhone and mobile contract it sux to pay a dev a buck or two.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

LittleGod (01-13-2014), novadam (01-13-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohlookzero View Post
    Any iPhone 5s users having a issue? Installed it and couldn't get past the apple when booting back up. And then couldn't get out of safe mode.
    +1
    I had the same issue. Hand to completely restore my phone.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Yeah after paying hundreds of dollars for an iPhone and mobile contract it sux to pay a dev a buck or two.
    I was just pointing out it was a paid app, some people don't want to pay for app(I meant tweak).

I have purchased it and thats why I know it's awesome. so get back on topic
    Last edited by dsg; 01-12-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-13-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Theme's been working for me pretty well but for the lock-screen nothing is working in winter-board. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Looks like the big boss repo is down.