Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'RePower' Adds Useful Items to the Power Down Screen in iOS 7

Default 'RePower' Adds Useful Items to the Power Down Screen in iOS 7

Holding down on your power button will bring up the "slide to power down" bar, allowing you to turn off your iOS device. If you want to make this screen just a little more functional, then there's a handy new jailbreak tweak dubbed RePower by iOS development team HASHBANG Productions available in Cydia right now that you may be interested in checking out.

As shown above, RePower adds new information and options to the power down screen. You'll get a two new buttons one to reboot the device, and one to respring the device. In addition, the tweak will also show you the current amount of up-time you've accumulated since the last restart.

In case you are worried that you might accidentally tap on either of these buttons by mistake, the tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the need to double-tap on either of the buttons rather than single-tap:

RePower does a nice job of adding a little bit more user-demanded functionality to any iOS 7 device. It's very good looking, and very easy to use. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: RePower
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: HASHBANG Productions
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

P0R7ER (01-12-2014)

not relating to this tweak but when are you guys going to review iTouchSecure? Seems like a big deal to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,186 Posts

Edit - trying to read when just woken up is not a good idea ha

Thanks to the Generous people on these threads. if it wasn't for you, then my iPhone would be naked

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    not relating to this tweak but when are you guys going to review iTouchSecure? Seems like a big deal to me.
    I actually sent in a Tip hours ago with all the info about this and about the dev talking about updating his other apps as well. I have a lot of detailed info, surprised the article has not been written yet...

I used this power down as soon as I touched either of the buttons the phone with one touch the phone either went into respring or reboot and yes double tap was turned on

My phone is out of JB AGAIN most of these tweaks are still faulty

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    iTouchSecure what's it doing asking me for the finger to type my pass word in every time I go near something that requires the finger
    Last edited by ProfessorJack; 01-12-2014 at 02:59 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the reboot didn't work for me last night. I rebooted it using this app and totally forgot, but phone was off for some time. Didn't reboot, just powered down.

As to iTouchSecure I'm using it now and it seems cool, but it is missing safari support at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    Well, the reboot didn't work for me last night. I rebooted it using this app and totally forgot, but phone was off for some time. Didn't reboot, just powered down.

As to iTouchSecure I'm using it now and it seems cool, but it is missing safari support at the moment.
    It will if you tap on it twice

Anyone know if this works in safe mode

Quote Originally Posted by bobohwk2 View Post
    I actually sent in a Tip hours ago with all the info about this and about the dev talking about updating his other apps as well. I have a lot of detailed info, surprised the article has not been written yet...
    We are getting to everything as quickly as possible. There have been a /huge/ amount of tweaks released in the last two weeks.

It hasn't been ignored; it's in the queue.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-12-2014 at 10:35 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is there a way to get the older version back? I updated and the new UI is something I really just don't like all that much.

you can change the test "slide to reboot" and "slide to respring" with ifile?