Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n7 Untethered Jailbreak Tool for iOS 7 Updated to Version 1.0.3

Default Evasi0n7 Untethered Jailbreak Tool for iOS 7 Updated to Version 1.0.3

On Saturday, the evasi0n7 jailbreak tool for iOS 7 has been updated to version 1.0.3.

The change log for the updated jailbreak tool notes that the software now includes an updated Cydia bundle and fixes a problematic issue that could cause a boot loop on the iPad Mini with retina display.

Evasi0n7 will now also jailbreak iOS 7.1 beta 1, 2, and 3 in addition to the public releases of iOS 7.0-7.0.4.

If you're happily jailbroken already, there is no reason to re-jailbreak your device with this update. You shouldn't update to iOS 7.1 beta 3 if you're already on iOS 7.0-7.0.4, as there are really no benefits in doing so.

To get the latest version of evasi0n7, you can visit the evad3rs Web page, or use the download links below:

Sources: evasi0n

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

2k1 (01-11-2014), Carvensno (01-11-2014), Nyyankees (01-11-2014)

wincom just tweeted this?

"@winocm: So, using evasi0n7 actually reduces your device’s security… by a hilariously large factor."

Hmm

My iPad mini actually did the boot loop after I installed iFile. Seemed strange, but was able to snap out of it pretty easily

So the latest beta IS jailbreakable? I thought it broke their exploit? Well, some hope for 7.1 then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    So the latest beta IS jailbreakable? I thought it broke their exploit? Well, some hope for 7.1 then maybe.
    They're thinking it won't be jailbreakable by the time the release is public.

Cydia fix for status bar and notification center bugs?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nityanandachandra For This Useful Post:

Nightwarrior305 (01-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post

"@winocm: So, using evasi0n7 actually reduces your device’s security… by a hilariously large factor."

Hmm
    That's a side effect of every single jailbreak...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reeiiko For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (01-12-2014), WHUDS (01-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by nityanandachandra View Post
    And I take it Apple will force the upgrade/it will expire if you do decide to go beta.

Steer clear, fellas.

(It should also be noted that even if it were possible to get a permanent beta that will only have a small window to upgrade to, there won't be many people with that beta, which means there won't be many tweaks that, if they break because of it, are upgraded to support it.)
    Last edited by Christophxr; 01-12-2014 at 12:38 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Christophxr For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (01-12-2014)

I'm still getting boot loop error on iPad mini 2g 7.0.4 I've tried fresh installs from DFU mode and then ran evasi0n7 1.0.3 2 times now with no luck. Anyone else having the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They're thinking it won't be jailbreakable by the time the release is public.
    well that's the expectation of any release, really. I'm just saying who knows? Maybe there's hope we can all update to 7.1 and still enjoy our jailbreak goodies. But yeah, those are pretty poor odds.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to claustin For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (01-12-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

For some reason this still only works on my Mac. On my Windows 8 box it gets stuck 2/2 before the first reboot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nityanandachandra View Post
    There is a fix for the status bar, add the repo: http://repo.pnre.co.vu/

For notification center getting broken when the device goes into safe mode. Using iFile or iFunBox browse to /var/mobile/library/bulletinboard and rename the Sectioninfo.plist file. Then respring. That will create a new file and notification center will work again.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-12-2014), Nightwarrior305 (01-12-2014), Zokunei (01-12-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    There is a fix for the status bar, add the repo: http://repo.pnre.co.vu/

For notification center getting broken when the device goes into safe mode. Using iFile or iFunBox browse to /var/mobile/library/bulletinboard and rename the Sectioninfo.plist file. Then respring. That will create a new file and notification center will work again.
    Thank you so much

FINALLY!!!! update worked for my mini retina 128gb t-mobile -- no boot loop!! wheeeeeeee

I tried this last night and it jacked my iPhone 5 all up. Random reboots, home screen went blank and cannot change it back. Open Cydia and it reboots, touch settings icon and it reboots. From my experience with it, this thing is still half baked in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    That's a side effect of every single jailbreak...
    Yeah I thought so, wincom seems to just tweet a lot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gnolnats View Post
    I tried this last night and it jacked my iPhone 5 all up. Random reboots, home screen went blank and cannot change it back. Open Cydia and it reboots, touch settings icon and it reboots. From my experience with it, this thing is still half baked in my opinion.
    How did you do it?

Did you restore to new phone then JB?
    if not sure you would have problems

I so far have had few issues,
    decent Battery
    no reboots
    no crashes
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-12-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gnolnats View Post
    If you mean the home screen wallpaper is gone then you are in safe mode.

Excellent. I have tried to jailbreak my iPad Mini Retina 4 times, each time resulted in boot loop. Thank You Evasi0n team.

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post

Hmm
    Well then don't jailbreak wimpocm.
    When you root a device no duh integrity of the security diminishes. Just wave at the androids who have worse security.

Ps. As if you're that important to have worry about "security" if so... Probably shouldn't leave your basement ....

Default Evasi0n 1.0.3 DOES NOT FIX boot loop on IPAD MINI RETINA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Excellent. I have tried to jailbreak my iPad Mini Retina 4 times, each time resulted in boot loop. Thank You Evasi0n team.
    I have tried no less than 10 times to jailbreak my iPad Mini Retina 32Gb w/AT&T. So frustrated!! I've taken out the sim, turned on airplane mode, waited 30 seconds and even tried Windows PCs and different iMacs.
    Hopefully the Evasi0n team is reading this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast