+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n7 Untethered Jailbreak Tool for iOS 7 Updated to Version 1.0.3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4 keeps crashing every time I try to use spotlight to search for content on my iPhone. No packages installed yet after Cydia. Is any one
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4 keeps crashing every time I try to use spotlight to search for content on my iPhone. No packages installed yet after Cydia. Is any one else having this issue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've jailbroken my 5s on 7.1 beta 3 twice and I can't install anything on Cydia. It says it can't find preferenceloader or lib hide >=2.0.4. Anybody else run into this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    For some reason this still only works on my Mac. On my Windows 8 box it gets stuck 2/2 before the first reboot.
    Not enough CPU power!

I have also still a boot looping iPad mini Retina Cellular :-( Tried all possible combinations of tricks&hints

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twndad View Post
    I have tried no less than 10 times to jailbreak my iPad Mini Retina 32Gb w/AT&T. So frustrated!! I've taken out the sim, turned on airplane mode, waited 30 seconds and even tried Windows PCs and different iMacs.
    Hopefully the Evasi0n team is reading this forum.
    Did you update to 7.0.4 over the air?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    My iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4 keeps crashing every time I try to use spotlight to search for content on my iPhone. No packages installed yet after Cydia. Is any one else having this issue?
    Spotlight works fine for me, I am on the same phone and OS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipad Mini Retina w/AT&T stuck in boot loop even with Evasi0n 1.0.3
    Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Did you update to 7.0.4 over the air?
    I have done all updates through iTunes. Also when I restore my iPad after each failed Jailbreak attempt it is updated to 7.0.4 though iTunes.
    Very frustrating. I should add that my 5S took the jailbreak on the first attempt. Any ideas??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't reboot on 7.1 beta 3. Just goes into a boot loop. Anybody know how to get it out without restoring?

I have done all updates through iTunes. Also when I restore my iPad after each failed Jailbreak attempt it is updated to 7.0.4 though iTunes.
    Very frustrating. I should add that my 5S took the jailbreak on the first attempt. Any ideas??
    Maybe try restoring from dfu mode?
    Last edited by claustin; 01-12-2014 at 01:51 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    There is a fix for the status bar, add the repo: pNre's Cydia Repository

For notification center getting broken when the device goes into safe mode. Using iFile or iFunBox browse to /var/mobile/library/bulletinboard and rename the Sectioninfo.plist file. Then respring. That will create a new file and notification center will work again.
    That repo fixed the status bar for me- thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restoring from DFU mode...
    Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Can't reboot on 7.1 beta 3. Just goes into a boot loop. Anybody know how to get it out without restoring?

Maybe try restoring from dfu mode?
    As far as I know, the only way to restore using iTunes after a failed jailbreak attempt is by putting the device into "DFU" mode.
    So the answer to your question is an obvious "YES". Thanks for the input.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As far as I know, the only way to restore using iTunes after a failed jailbreak attempt is by putting the device into "DFU" mode.
    So the answer to your question is an obvious "YES". Thanks for the input.
    DFU mode is different than the "connect to iTunes" screen. In DFU the screen is black but iTunes still detects it. My understanding of it is that it's a more "complete" restore in that it completely erases your phone where a typical restore leaves some things behind. I THINK to get into DFU you have to continue holding the home button after you see the connect to iTunes screen until the screen goes blank. Not sure if it's the same under iOS 7. I think find my iPhone might block it. Try disabling Find my iPhone and doing it. I couldn't get it on my iP5s that's in a boot loop but it had FMi enabled before said boot loop.

Nevermind I was wrong. Plug your phone into your computer and power it off normally. When it's powered down and plugged in, hold the power button for 3 seconds, then hold down the home button while continuing to hold down the power button for 10 more seconds. Release the power button and continue holding the home button until iTunes recognizes the phone. You should only see the apple boot logo for a bit and then it'll go blank. I'm using it now to try and get the cleanest 7.1 install I can.
    Last edited by claustin; 01-12-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seems like restoring from DFU (not connect to iTunes screen) fixed my reboot issue. It still flashes the Apple logo boot screen once but then it gets into the OS. Worked from a shutdown/start up or a hard reboot. I also set it up as a new iPhone rather than restoring from a previous backup.

Edit: Nope. An evasion untethered update came through requiring a reboot. Boot loop. Dang.
    Last edited by claustin; 01-12-2014 at 08:10 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12