+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alleged iPhone 6 Metal Housing Surfaces, Suggests Larger Display and Thinner Design

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The Chinese microblogging site, Wiebo has been circulating these images reportedly showing the metal housing for a supposed iPhone 6. Based on the images, it appears the device will be
    Thanks

Default Alleged iPhone 6 Metal Housing Surfaces, Suggests Larger Display and Thinner Design

The Chinese microblogging site, Wiebo has been circulating these images reportedly showing the metal housing for a supposed iPhone 6. Based on the images, it appears the device will be slightly thinner and have a slightly larger screen. The shape and size of the metal housing actually resembles that of a larger-sized Android phone to be quite honest.

As with any rumors, this should be taken with a grain of salt as the idea of a larger-sized iPhone has been around for some time. That being said, we did see some reports suggesting that the device will feature an ultra-thin form factor and also boast a display in the region of 4.7 to 5 inches just recently. Furthermore, much like the release of the iPhone 5C and 5S, Apple has been reported as planning to release two separate iPhone 6 models. As of right now though, nothing is confirmed and we are left just waiting to find out the truth.

Source: Weibo via GforGames

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I wonder when apple will finally be able to get the iphone down to just 1 micron in thickness? Then maybe we can stop hearing about how much thinner they can make the darn thing.

This consumer doesn't need things to keep getting thinner, and use less packaging to get to my store shelf. What I want are useful features: a reliable alarm clock, better signal strength, louder speaker volume, and an apple supplied way to change the ugly stock graphics.
    Last edited by exNavy; 01-11-2014 at 04:32 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-12-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

good luck on that one! That's why I jailbreak, to be able run different themes and change icons at will.
    Think about this: you could download a different theme each week and effectively the look will be as if you have a new phone.

Thanks

I tend to agree with some of your points above^ The phone is already thin enough. Yes, it will get thinner but is it needed? No. Just a way to say you have the thinnest/sleekest. I don't even need a 5" screen but it looks like that is the direction Apple wants to "follow" Im hoping it doesn't look like a phablet. At the end of the day I have to keep telling myself "this is an iPhone with a 5" screen" not a droid :]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-12-2014)

Thanks

Front shot looks normal but the side shot looks ridiculously long Or this guy just has very small hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Maybe it's the iPad nano ;-)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I can't wait. I could use a 4.7" but that's all I can fit in my hand.

(That's what she said)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado1987 View Post
    i can't wait. I could use a 4.7" but that's all i can fit in my hand.

(that's what she said)
    cthu😂😂😂😂😂

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

If Apple were to allow their developers to submit different themes it would be wonderful. I could submit some small UI tweaks and make some extra money. I just don't get why they're against it.

Plus, some of you who are against a bigger screen is both understandable and not, but I myself have gotten sick of the small screen. I like 'em big so the improvement will be much appreciated :P

There's just so much more to see! Seeing is believing lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So this might be apple new ibrick...
    Was hoping on upgrading my i5 to this years newer model but if this is it then I guess ima have to go with the 5s instead.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    a reliable alarm clock, better signal strength, louder speaker volume, and an apple supplied way to change the ugly stock graphics.
    Alarm clock has been working fine for my 3G, 4, 4S, 5s, iPad 2, and iPad 4. The signal strength mostly relies on the carrier. The stock graphics are pretty bad. I do think getting thinner and thinner is a bit ridiculous. I'm afraid to take my 5s out of my speck case in fear it will bend doing so. It feels brittle at times. I like to switch my SIM cards between my 5s and 4S thanks to a Noosy adapter.

Thanks

It's time to upgrade from ip5

Thanks

wtf...yalll like a week late on this news...lol slow as heck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    wtf...yalll like a week late on this news...lol slow as heck
    And? Still informational.. Learn english while you work on your manors.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleJob For This Useful Post:

vazzana (01-11-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    *manners

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    Lmao how can you correct him when you can't even spell what a FAIL regardless it was his grammar and he probably talks with good grammar but it's the internet and no one cares how they spell except for idiots like u

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I wonder when apple will finally be able to get the iphone down to just 1 micron in thickness? Then maybe we can stop hearing about how much thinner they can make the darn thing.

This consumer doesn't need things to keep getting thinner, and use less packaging to get to my store shelf. What I want are useful features: a reliable alarm clock, better signal strength, louder speaker volume, and an apple supplied way to change the ugly stock graphics.
    Why wouldn't you want something thinner? That means we can have thinner cases and other accessories. Speaker volume isn't a must have, because if you want better speakers, have an external pair. Signal strength is controlled by the cellphone companies. Alarm clock works great. And the graphics look great if you actually have good taste in UI development.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks similar to a Samsung Galaxy mid frame.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thatstastic View Post
    Lmao how can you correct him when you can't even spell what a FAIL regardless it was his grammar and he probably talks with good grammar but it's the internet and no one cares how they spell except for idiots like u
    Lmao!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Meh, I rally don't want anything bigger than the 5S anyway. I think it feels bulky enough in my pockets as-is. (I wear lame-o Dockers style slacks, not hipster skinny jeans)

I'll probably have my 5S as long as it runs anyway. I'm planning on switching to a cheaper prepaid once my contract is up and probably go with cheaper year old models in the future. I'm getting a bit older and more financially responsible to waste money on phones any more.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (01-12-2014)