+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WSJ: iOS Quietly Capturing More of The Enterprise

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
As MMi reported Thursday, citing the latest industry data from Gartner, the PC market continues to shrink in response to the mammoth growth in adoption and popularity of leading mobile
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default WSJ: iOS Quietly Capturing More of The Enterprise

As MMi reported Thursday, citing the latest industry data from Gartner, the PC market continues to shrink in response to the mammoth growth in adoption and popularity of leading mobile devices like Apple's iPhone and iPad.

But one small, yet important, aspect of this transition from PCs to mobile tech for millions of consumers is the impact this development is having on the enterprise sector. As the Wall Street Journal reports, Apple is quietly capturing a much bigger chunk of the professional world today.

Apple won about 8% of global business and government spending on computers and tablets in 2012, Forrester Research says, up from 1% in 2009. By 2015, Forrester estimates that figure will climb to 11%. The numbers exclude the iPhone, which may be the most widely purchased Apple product by corporate customers. It is often Apple's gateway into a business.
    With each passing year, bigger corporations are making the jump from BlackBerry and Android to iOS. From government agencies to multinational firms like Cisco Systems, the iPhone seems to be reeling in corporate and governmental whales. Consequently, each new deal is so sizable that it effectively drives Apple's total enterprise market share.

And it's not just the hardware that's helping Apple. It's the total entire ecosystem. "The rise of apps also works in Apple's favor," the report reads.

Source: WSJ

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing beats my toshiba satellite it's 4 years old I spent 500 bucks on it and I have had 0 problems. Windows 7 rules baby.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Nothing beats my toshiba satellite it's 4 years old I spent 500 bucks on it and I have had 0 problems. Windows 7 rules baby.
    Windows 7 vs iOS devices? lol