+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ShowIP for NotificationCenter' Shows Wi-Fi SSID and IP Address in Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'ShowIP for NotificationCenter' Shows Wi-Fi SSID and IP Address in Notification Center

If you want to make it easier and faster to discern what Wi-Fi network you're on, and what your current IP address is, then check out this new free Notification Center add-on for iOS 7 dubbed ShowIP for NotificationCenter by iOS developer Pascal.

As shown above, the add-on simply adds this handy Wi-Fi information to Notification Center. You'll be able to configure where it displays in Notification Center, and you can easily enable or disable it on demand.

Enabling and disabling the add-on is as simple as flipping the switch, as shown below:

If you want to change the position where the add-on displays in Notification Center, you will have to tap on the edit button at the top right of the preferences pane, and then you'll be able to drag the ShowIP add-on anywhere you want to in that list. Changes you make are immediate you won't have to respring to save your changes.

Having quick access to your Wi-Fi information, like the IP address, is very useful when you're trying to SSH into your device through OpenSSH. This is a nice shortcut to have, requiring simply one swipe down from the Status Bar, rather than digging through your Settings application and Wi-Fi networks to find your IP address.

If you want to give this Notification Center add-on a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: ShowIP for NotificationCenter
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.1.3
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Pascal
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Didn't really need to blur out the IP address. The 10.x.x.x subnet is a private block of IP addresses reserved for LANs and cannot directly be accessed by the Outerwebz.

{I'm sure someone will reply that they can set a DMZ or port forwarding on their router to access it directly.}

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    Didn't really need to blur out the IP address. The 10.x.x.x subnet is a private block of IP addresses reserved for LANs and cannot directly be accessed by the Outerwebz.

{I'm sure someone will reply that they can set a DMZ or port forwarding on their router to access it directly.}
    I know. I do it just because.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I know. I do it just because.
    Agreed...better to exercise a "habit" when it is unneeded than to become lax and forget when you DO need it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BrainSmashR For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (01-10-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nice. An example of a very simple widget that serves a useful (if not crucial) purpose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how do get the weather in there too??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Len0888 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-12-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this is off topic but is anyone else having issues with the YouTube app? Whenever I try to open a link from another app, when it goes into YouTube, it crashes. Please help. I don't know where else to put this where people will actually see it