+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LiveWeatherIcon' Makes the iOS 7 Weather Application Icon Show Live Weather Information

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With iOS 7, Apple finally made it so that the Clock application icon would show the live time, but they left out the Weather application, which is very helpful to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'LiveWeatherIcon' Makes the iOS 7 Weather App Icon Show Live Weather Information

With iOS 7, Apple finally made it so that the Clock application icon would show the live time, but they left out the Weather application, which is very helpful to have live information to as well.

A new jailbreak tweak dubbed LiveWeatherIcon by iOS developer Hamza Sood will make the iOS 7 Weather application icon show live weather information. This includes not only the real temperature outside, but also the weather conditions, such as if it's cloudy, snowing, or storming outside. The application icon is also animated, and changes to match the animations within the application:

This tweak is a really nice addition to any iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 7, as the iPad doesn't even have a Weather application. At this point in time, the tweak only works for Apple's stock Weather application, but the developer has plans to let the user pick a third-party App Store weather application as the application icon that will adopt this live weather icon functionality in a future update. This update will also let users choose to hide or show the weather condition text on the icon to clean up the clutter a little bit.

To grab LiveWeatherIcon, make your way over to Cydia's BigBoss repository and there you will find the package for Just $1.00. The tweak will run on the iPhone 4s and later. The tweak has no options to configure.

Name: LiveWeatherIcon
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 0.1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4, iPhone 4s or newer
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hamza Sood
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-09-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks

This sounds like a pretty good idea! Wonder why Apple didn't do this first...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's cool and I own it. The problem is it isn't self-updating. I have to tap it to launch the weather app and after I close the weather it, the displayed temp and animation are updated. I hope this is fixed soon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeStorm For This Useful Post:

bigr4232 (01-09-2014)

Thanks

I was wondering if it worked right...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    It's cool and I own it. The problem is it isn't self-updating. I have to tap it to launch the weather app and after I close the weather it, the displayed temp and animation are updated. I hope this is fixed soon.
    Well I will probably wait to get it then. Thanks for mentioning that

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Would probably kill battery if it stayed on

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it kills battery even not self updating at the moment. Had to remove it lol
    Btw, iphone 5S, has anyone had problems with the phone app? When i make a call it does not give me the screen with speaker, facetime, mute, etc. What it does is, as soon as i place the call and it shows the home screen and the call being on top of the screen like a notification. I try to tap on it but nothing happens

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    Right, so why did this tweak get a perfect 5/5?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    I was wondering if it worked right...
    I wouldn't think it would be terrible. They could just set it to fetch data every 30 min or give the option of if you want it to refresh. I think it would be just like email

Thanks
    Thanked 11,236 Times in 2,713 Posts

Native weather, a tweak from iOS 5-6 did the same thing. And the only way it updated was to open the weather app as well I expect he is going to have trouble getting it to refresh manually There were several code masters at work on that tweak , virtually did the same thing. Back when you used to have lib weather. And weather icon was free. Just saying.

I personally would rather have a weather widget on my screen. Seeing how iwidgets was just updated. And weather widget works on iOS 7. Just saying

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

blkmini (01-11-2014), metaserph (01-09-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tihomirbg View Post
    it kills battery even not self updating at the moment. Had to remove it lol
    Btw, iphone 5S, has anyone had problems with the phone app? When i make a call it does not give me the screen with speaker, facetime, mute, etc. What it does is, as soon as i place the call and it shows the home screen and the call being on top of the screen like a notification. I try to tap on it but nothing happens
    Call bar installed
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Seeing how iwidgets was just updated

When did this happen?
    I am showing old version in Cydia...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

The dev said on Reddit that it self refreshes every hour. It's not refreshing for me. Background app refresh is on. Not sure about battery drain yet though.

Thanks

WeatherIcon has been around forever. I like the icons for that much more. Hopefully WeatherIcon 6 gets updated for iOS 7.

Thanks

Refreshes for me, and not killing my battery. I don't have much in the way of tweaks running, though.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IP 4S IOS 7.04 crashes directly using the Unlockslider if u didnt used the app before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    When did this happen?
    I am showing old version in Cydia...
    You have to add a repo it's in beta. Hasn't been fully updated it still needs testing(iWidgets). LiveWeather is beautiful I just love how it works but can use the update to automatically update rather than having to manually tap to the app to update it. I still say its worth the dollar.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GuiltyGearIsaac For This Useful Post:

Sniper488 (01-10-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I prefer WeatherIcon, but this one would be just a good if the font was more clearer and cleaner. You have to look really close to see the temp. I haven't seen any drainage on my battery yet.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

The developer contacted me saying that he drastically increased the refresh rate time to save battery life, but due to the amount of those that appear to want it to refresh more often, he will be changing the refresh rate to be much more frequent.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The developer contacted me saying that he drastically increased the refresh rate time to save battery life, but due to the amount of those that appear to want it to refresh more often, he will be changing the refresh rate to be much more frequent.
    He should just add the option to adjust the refresh rate. I live in Florida where the weather changes often but I don't need it to be updated frequently.