Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LiveWeatherIcon' Makes the iOS 7 Weather Application Icon Show Live Weather Information

Quote Originally Posted by Steve11 View Post
    He should just add the option to adjust the refresh rate. I live in Florida where the weather changes often but I don't need it to be updated frequently.
    User-configured options are sometimes a great idea. I agree that this might be a good time to take advantage of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Steve11 (01-10-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The developer contacted me saying that he drastically increased the refresh rate time to save battery life, but due to the amount of those that appear to want it to refresh more often, he will be changing the refresh rate to be much more frequent.
    Mine hasn't refreshed since I last checked it at 630 this morning.

For me, opening and closing the notification center changed the weather icon.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Thats always been the way Native Weather.app things refreshed. Simple swipe down of NC. Weather icon never auto refreshed. Won't happen.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

mgmm1 (01-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dwizurd View Post
    Call bar installed
    No, I checked and made sure. I think what the problem was, for some reason, I have SBRotator 7 and there was an update for it and after the update, the phone app has been working fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thats always been the way Native Weather.app things refreshed. Simple swipe down of NC. Weather icon never auto refreshed. Won't happen.
    The Apple weather app auto refreshes in the background now, when you launch it, it is almost always the current information. That is one of the benefits of iOS 7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post

Yea that isn't working for me either.
    Well hopefully there will be an update or fix for this because I like this tweak!

I did like Forecast a lot as well. Wondering if that was updated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    The Apple weather app auto refreshes in the background now, when you launch it, it is almost always the current information. That is one of the benefits of iOS 7.
    People were asking for. "Auto" refresh ability, Slim. When you "launch it" that triggers the refresh and always has in iOS. The developer of the app claims "auto" refresh ability (without a launch click. ) - which doesn't happen.. Not even in ios7.That's what I was responding to.

Just updated and now says it updates more frequently and you can apply it to other applications. The only problem is it says to go to settings and do this, but I have no idea where these settings are.

I remember on iOS 5xx, the weather app tweak had options where the user can change how often to refresh automatically
    Ever since iOS 6xx and 7xx, that refresh option is not available

Quote Originally Posted by tihomirbg View Post
    I remember on iOS 5xx, the weather app tweak had options where the user can change how often to refresh automatically
    Ever since iOS 6xx and 7xx, that refresh option is not available
    Even on iOS5 - though the switch was there, it never worked. There is a programming flaw in the way Apple's Native Weather.app works. It requires and entrance into the app or a flick down of the Notification Center to update the data in it. Many a good jailbreak developer has tried to make it update in the background - without success.. . So tweaks or apps that 'claim' background refresh and just sellin' ya a bill of goods.. NOW - having said that. The WidgetWeather tweak dev, SDDev found a way to tap into the Weather.app and 'take it over' in a sense - and they do have, with their Constant mode, a way to refresh it in the background. But that jailbreak tweak took close to a year to make work right. So is it impossible? No. But outside the jailbreak world - you won't find it.. And certainly no in any app store app.

Prefer to use the app FAHRENHEIT. It has auto refresh. No jailbrake needed.

Thanks

Well when I updated the tweak in Cydia, my icon is now gone? I can see the word Weather where it should be but no icon. If I press the app it will still open.
    Anyone else with this issue?

Nice start, but, as others have stated, needs to be configurable. Need to be able to pick refresh rate, F/C and which weather app to skin. Until then, pass. Nice work though.

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Prefer to use the app FAHRENHEIT. It has auto refresh. No jailbrake needed.
    Even Fahrenheit needs a launch of the app or swipe down of the Notification Center to update. As I said 'auto refresh' is not possible on any weather app in iOS without a jailbreak.

Thanks

Even Fahrenheit needs a launch of the app or swipe down of the Notification Center to update. As I said 'auto refresh' is not possible on any weather app in iOS without a jailbreak.
    I don't understand why it is not possible since many apps now use the background app refresh feature of iOS 7, including the stock weather app and the yahoo weather app. Many time I have launched the stock app and it did not need to refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I don't understand why it is not possible since many apps now use the background app refresh feature of iOS 7, including the stock weather app and the yahoo weather app. Many time I have launched the stock app and it did not need to refresh.
    Hey -- VERY fair, point, Slim. You are QUITE right. I was NOT remembering that new feature of iOS7. Background App Refresh could INDEED allow these weather tweaks to have 'real' auto refresh now. Many people leave that setting off, as I do , because it's battery hog if you're not careful.

What I do know is that:
    1) on iOS6 and prior - true auto refresh of weather.app and other apps was NOT possible.
    2) LiveWeatherIcon, even with weather.app Background App refresh on doesn't auto-update.

I will modify my statements going forward. Thanks for the good challenge, Slim! You're spot on. I will do some more testing too to see if even BACKGROUND APP REFRESH is working like we think it might.

Hey -- VERY fair, point, Slim. You are QUITE right. I was NOT remembering that new feature of iOS7. Background App Refresh could INDEED allow these weather tweaks to have 'real' auto refresh now. Many people leave that setting off, as I do , because it's battery hog if you're not careful.

What I do know is that:
    1) on iOS6 and prior - true auto refresh of weather.app and other apps was NOT possible.
    2) LiveWeatherIcon, even with weather.app Background App refresh on doesn't auto-update.

I will modify my statements going forward. Thanks for the good challenge, Slim! You're spot on. I will do some more testing too to see if even BACKGROUND APP REFRESH is working like we think it might.
    Fantastic response; kudos to you. Great example of how people should interact and be willing to modify their positions. Classy.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to eballesq For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-13-2014)

Thanks

What I do know is that:

The auto refresh feature didn't work prior to iOS 7 because the process was killed after 10mins, I think.

I am not sure where LiveWeatherIcon is getting its data but it may not be from the stock app. It could be pulling the info from another source such as WeatherUnderground. I don't have it installed but maybe take a look at the temperatures between the icon and the app and see if they are the same. This could show if the icon is not getting the data from the app if they are different.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 01-13-2014 at 06:19 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-13-2014)

Thanks

I did a clean restore and JB because the updated version if Evasion was causing issues.
    This tweak works great now and yes it does auto fresh itself and I have it set to Accuweather app.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast