+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pegatron Expected to Win a Contract to Manufacture Half of Apple's iPhone 6 Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Pegatron Expected to Win a Contract to Manufacture Half of Apple's iPhone 6 Orders

Pegatron, one of Apple’s suppliers, is expected to win a contract that will see it manufacturing half of Apple’s iPhone 6 supplies according to a recent report from Taiwan’s Liberty Times. Currently, Pegatron is responsible for assembling Apple’s iPad mini and iPhone 5C while the Cupertino California company’s main supplier, Foxconn, manages iPhone 5S assembly. The report doesn’t specify which supplier will take care of the other half of the iPhone 5 orders but it is likely that the responsibility will fall on Foxconn. It’s also unclear how manufacturing of the iPhone 6 will be split, as it isn’t yet known if Apple will continue on with its bifurcated product lineup that currently includes both the flagship iPhone 5S and the mid-range iPhone 5C.

Rumors are suggesting that Apple could produce two versions of the iPhone 6 in two different sizes, ranging from 4.7 to 5.7 inches and likely at two different price points, keeping with its two-phone lineup.

Although Pegatron has been a long manufacturing partner for Apple, the Cupertino-based company shifted iPhone 5C production to Pegatron in 2013 in an attempt to improve supply chain risk management, allowing Apple to expand its product lines and prevent potential supply chain disasters. As of right now, Pegatron is working to build a new plant in Kunshan, China to keep up with demand. The following was mentioned regarding the matter:

In order to meet the demand, Pegatron has started building a new plant at Kunshan, a satellite city near Shanghai where all its iPhones are assembled, the Liberty Times said without identifying its source.

The paper said the Kunshan plant is scheduled to become operational in the middle of the year and start mass production late this year, when Apple is expected to roll out its iPhone 6.
    We’ll have to wait and see what happens in the future and as of right now, it’s likely that we’ll find out in the fall of 2014 given Apple’s previous device release history.

Source: Liberty Times via Google Translate

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

We all know a larger screen is coming but there is no way there would abandon the 4" size. I know at least five people, all women with small hands, that would refuse to buy a larger device.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.