+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i4C Connections Announces Voyce, a Health-Tracking Smart Collar for Dogs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default i4C Connections Announces Voyce, a Health-Tracking Smart Collar for Dogs

Unsurprisingly, wearables seem to be a major category at CES this year and while most of them are made for people, one company by the name of i4C Innovations, is looking to make a product for dogs. Their product, Voyce, is a health and activity tracking collar designed to be worn by dogs. It uses a 3-axis accelerometer to track a dog’s active and resting periods and built-in radio frequency technology measures both heart and respiratory rates. The company had the following to say regarding the matter:

Introducing breakthrough wearable technology that bridges the communication gap between dogs, their owners, and the people who love them. Our three-part approach of Discover, Learn, and Share gives unprecedented insight into your dog's health and wellbeing, information and tools for you and your dog to grow together, and ways to share with your veterinarian and social networks.
    The data which is gathered by Voyce is uploaded to and analyzed by an accompanying mobile app, which gives a detailed overview of pet health that can be shared on social networks and with veterinarians. The app tracks trends over time, allowing owners to keep an eye on vital signs and other health indicators to detect potential problems early on.

The company claims that Voyce data can be a valuable tool for pet owners. For example, the activity tracking portion of the band can let owners know if there are early warning signs of arthritis based on lower levels of movement, where the heart rate monitor can notify the owners of conditions like chronic pain. The device also tracks the calories that a dog burns each day, allowing owners to make adjustments in feeding.

As of right now, Voyce accommodates neck sizes ranging from 12 to 32 inches and weighs less than six ounces. As of right now, it has an estimated battery life of one week and it requires Internet access and Wi-Fi to sync with a mobile device or computer. Those of you interested in purchasing a Voyce collar can expect it to be released in summer of 2014 for approximately $300.

Source: Voyce

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless it can make my dog talk like in the movie "UP", I am not interested.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Evaded (01-09-2014), novadam (01-09-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have now seen something for which the "stupid" is inadequate! Anyone who buys that has more dollars than sense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    I have now seen something for which the "stupid" is inadequate! Anyone who buys that has more dollars than sense.
    I completely disagree. To a person who loves their dog, maintaining their companions health is priceless and could actually save them money in unnecessary vet bills. Unlike humans, it's difficult for dogs to express and ill-health or pain so hopefully this product is a step towards solving that problem - although I do think the price is a little steep but I guess I don't know enough about it yet to fairly judge.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I guess this is fine for those treating dogs like 4-legged humans. Simple facts is-dogs get old and die. Take your dog for regular walks, fees them the appropriate (non-processed human) food, and notice that after 7-10 years they will slow down, get old, and eventually die. My black lab, probably the world's best dog, we had to put down because of old age at about 15 years old. People have been doing fine with pets to date without requiring connectivity or battery recharging. This is stupid. Hugely stupid!