Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiTricity Introduces New Charging System, Can Recharge Your iPhone Through Your Desk

Thanks

Default WiTricity Introduces New Charging System, Can Recharge Your iPhone Through Your Desk

Short-range wireless power for portable devices took one step forward with the unveiling of WiTricity’s iPhone-targeted reference design for the group’s resonant energy transfer system. Like other wireless charging options for Apple’s handsets, WiTricity’s demonstration system consists of a plastic sleeve that envelopes the device and a charging hub that acts as a sort of wireless power “base station.” WiTricity’s resonant inductive coupling technology however, provides several benefits over competitive systems.

Consumers who use charging platforms based on WiTricity’s technology wouldn’t need to place their iPhone directly on the charging pad. Instead placing the iPhone in its vicinity would do the trick. Furthermore, power transmission isn’t affected by materials such as wood or glass, meaning that the pad could be mounted underneath a table or desk providing power for devices resting on the top.

On top of that, WiTricity’s proof-of-concept can charge multiple devices from a single coil. Traditional direct induction systems usually require a separate coil for each device, increasing the size and cost of the charging pads.
    WiTricity CEO, Eric Giler, said the following in a statement about the product:

Our team is thrilled to introduce the first wireless charger that works over distance. We've seen the transformative nature of our foundational highly resonant wireless power transfer technology in the automotive, medical and military fields, and now plan to change the game in consumer electronics.
    WiTricity’s system is similar to wireless power approaches that were previously patented by Apple, in which the company suggests turning existing desktop devices, such as an iMac, into resonant energy transformers. The Cupertino California company wrote the following about a similar filing:

In this way, a realistic and practical approach to wireless transferring useable amounts of power over distances suitable for limited applications can be realized.
    Are any of you considering picking up WiTricity’s charging technology?

Source: WiTricity (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Will it give me cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Will it give me cancer?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. But probably yes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm thinking those tin-foil hats might actually be useful finally to prevent brain tumors.

If you need to put it in a sleeve why not just plug it it? Less hassle

Magnetic, or inductive fields of enormous energy directly to the brain are benign. MIT scientists have been researching this for a decade, because the energy seems to release emotional and visual stimuli of seeing things that aren't tangible, or usually there like the actual presence of God, or possibly dimensional anomalies that we can only become aware of under the energy field. Also the EMF to cause you any harm or perhaps cancer would be of enormous proportions like HV power lines dangling over your bedroom for years. I think charging your phone with as little as 5VDC is relatively safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Will it give me cancer?
    Yes everything gives you cancer it's scary but true

Thanks

What's the point of wireless charging of its still inductive? Id you can put your phone on a surface, then you can plug it into a wire too. Real wireless charging is the same as wifi, all over the house, and without any retard3d adapters and cases. This needs to be integrated into the iPhone 6.

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    What's the point of wireless charging of its still inductive? Id you can put your phone on a surface, then you can plug it into a wire too. Real wireless charging is the same as wifi, all over the house, and without any retard3d adapters and cases. This needs to be integrated into the iPhone 6.
    This is all true...but the Point is that if this doesn't take off to show a big enough demand, then nobody makes money. No money made = no future investors = no further R&D = no wireless charging without any retard3d adapters... So stop talking down this awsome step towards the goal and go out and buy one when it's available.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Wireless charging is going to bring us one step closer to completely waterproof electronics. Even if it's short range, it still allows a vulnerable port to potentially be eliminated.

In the information era, people’s life is filled with hustles and bustles. Sometimes we just want a quiet environment to enjoy ourselves. Then you may need this RF Jammer masking for acoustic interference against listening devices.