Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal announces the "RP One," a Full-Size Bluetooth Game Controller for iOS Devices

Thanks

Default Signal announces the "RP One," a Full-Size Bluetooth Game Controller for iOS Devices

The mobile accessory manufacturer, Signal, recently entered the quickly-expanding Made for iPhone game controller race recently with the RP One, a “pro style” controller that can connect to Apple’s iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via Bluetooth. The RP One sports an understated black-and-silver color scheme and takes advantage of Apple’s “extended” controller layout option with action buttons, shoulder triggers, thumbsticks and a single directional pad.

The company states that the RP One is "the first full-scale controller designed specifically for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch," indicating that the controller is closer in size to an Xbox or PlayStation unit than the smaller, more portable devices. Consumers who purchase an RP One are also said to receive a universal stand designed to prop up any of Apple’s mobile devices, even while the handset or tablet is wrapped in a cover case. Furthermore, a built-in Lithium Ion battery is said to power the RP One for up to 10 hours before the battery runs out.

Signal is currently the second company to unveil an MFi-certified Bluetooth controller at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show after PC peripheral manufacturer SteelSeries revealed their new Stratus controller. The company said the RP One will be available in the first half of 2014 and will go for $99, which is the same suggested retail pricing chosen by the category’s other players.

Will you be picking up an MFi-controller? If so, which one are you leaning towards?

Source: Signal

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Wow...that's a unique design...

Considering a controller for a major console such as the box one can be obtained (with a rechargeable battery setup) for $75, I don't see this as a value. It's too expensive for an iPad or other mobile device. Can't you get that Ouya console with controller for$100?
    Last edited by Rcworship; 01-08-2014 at 01:43 PM.

it looks exactly like a 360 controller without the big X in the middle and the D-pad and joy stick switched..

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    Wow...that's a unique design...

Considering a controller for a major console such as the box one can be obtained (with a rechargeable battery setup) for $75, I don't see this as a value. It's too expensive for an iPad or other mobile device. Can't you get that Ouya console with controller for$100?
    The only reason they can get away with the Xbox Knock Off design is because the Dpad and Analog Sticks are flipped on the left, which ruins the whole concept for me (being an Xbox player). Not to mention the price, no thanks!
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

I like the fact that it runs Bluetooth unlike some controllers which plug into the charging port, but personally I don't see myself bringing my iPad and a whole controller to the DMV.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Who the heck decided all these controllers would be $99!?! Every single one I've seen has been ~$100. I would feel guilt buying one of these for $50 - let alone 100. How/what makes these so expensive?

I hope blutrol is updated in cydia, then my ps3 or other Bluetooth controllers will work in ios 7. Much cheaper.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rcworship For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (01-08-2014)

Just can't see myself buying a controller to play a game on the ipad. Apple TV on the other hand....

As for the price, I think this is an early adopter price. If they don't see sales or realize the market doesn't like this price, they'll start dropping fast.

Thanks

Seriously? Price is ridiculous and you are NOT getting what you would be paying for.