+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mophie Announces the Space Pack for the iPhone, an External Battery and Storage Case

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Mophie Announces the Space Pack for the iPhone, an External Battery and Storage Case

The popular accessory maker, Mophie, recently unveiled the Space Pack, a new variant of the company’s popular iPhone battery cases that grafts up to 32 GBs of external storage onto Apple’s iPhone 5 and 5S. Mophie says the Space Pack is designed to enable iPhone owners to keep more photos, videos and music directly on their devices, rather than depending on cloud storage that may or may not always be accessible. Mophie’s Space Pack can also provide enough power to double the iPhone’s battery life, a combination that Mophie claims is the world’s first.

CEO Daniel Huang stated the following about his company:

Mophie wanted to create a product that enables iPhone users to truly enhance their experience by solving some of the core limitations of smartphones.
    The Space Pack’s storage can be managed either on a user’s desktop computer or via the new Mophie-designed Space app. The companion app allows users to play back music and movies and view documents stored on the Space Pack, providing users with quick-sorting options that let users browse the contents of the Space Pack by file type. In addition, the Space app features AirPlay and AirDrop integration for wirelessly streaming files to home entertainment systems or transferring data between iOS devices.

As far as pricing goes, the 16 GB Space Pack will set buyers back $149.95, while the 32 GB model will cost $179.95. Both capacities are available for pre-order at the Mophie website (hit the source link below), with the company expecting to ship the product beginning March 14.

Will any of you be purchasing Mophie’s new Space Pack?

Source: Mophie

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So this is a external hard drive? Does it need to be sync with the phone back and forth? Or does it just add to your pre existing storage?

Looks bulky to keep connected 24/7.

I wouldn't mind a USB cable type of external storage that would hook up to the iPhone. And use it as needed, not always plugged in.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,899 Times in 2,003 Posts

Why wouldn't one just a buy a 32GB 5/5S? I consider a 32GB a bare minimum!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (01-08-2014)

Thanks

I might end up buying the regular mophie...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 1,000 Posts

If they come out with one for the 5c, I would consider getting one. But as usual, no love for the 5c users...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karloz25 View Post
    So this is a external hard drive? Does it need to be sync with the phone back and forth? Or does it just add to your pre existing storage?
    From what I'm reading and the little video on the Mophie website, there is no syncing required between the phone and the pack itself. Of course, you have to load up the songs/movies/documents on the pack but after that you can view and use your files via the app that Mophie will provide for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Why wouldn't one just a buy a 32GB 5/5S? I consider a 32GB a bare minimum!
    Because cost.

Thanks

This won't be too popular. Mainly for the cost. But also cause you can't use native music app for the songs and you can't install apps to the drive anyway so who cares.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think I'll just stay with my Unu DX case