Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BlurBar' Adds Colorful Blur Effects of Your Choice to Your iOS 7 Status Bar

Default 'BlurBar' Adds Colorful Blur Effects of Your Choice to Your iOS 7 Status Bar

Older versions of iOS had a background behind the Status Bar. It wasn't until iOS 7 that Apple did away with the background behind the Status Bar and made it so that the Status Bar would lay directly on top of the wallpaper on your home screen.

If you want to get some kind of colorization back for the Status Bar in iOS 7, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called BlurBar by iOS developer Julian Weiss.

As shown above, the tweak will add a background behind the Status Bar. The background has a customizable blur and color. You can adjust these settings from the preferences pane found in the Settings application:

Under the blur amount cell, you can adjust how intense the blur will be. The blur size lets you adjust how large the blur will be. The blur opacity lets you adjust how opaque or transparent the Status Bar will be. And finally, the blur tint lets you change the color of the Status Bar (great for making it match your home screen wallpaper).

There are tons of options to mix and match to your liking. If you want to grab this tweak and start getting your hands dirty, you will find BlurBar in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: BlurBar
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Julian Weiss
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

It's not that great, kind of ruins the wallpaper in my opinion.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

It's barely noticeable on every wallpaper I have tried it on. I even increased everything to make it as blurry and opaque as possible. I just uninstalled it.