Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Drops Third Beta of iOS 7.1

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,852
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

    Default Apple Drops Third Beta of iOS 7.1


    [WARNING: Do NOT update at this time if you want to keep your jailbreak]

    On Tuesday morning, Apple released iOS 7.1 Beta 3 to developers, delivering with it a number of fixes for multiple bugs. In particular, the fixes relate to the creation of new iCloud accounts and playing back audio books.

    Following the December 13th release of iOS 7.1. beta 2, the latest release seems like a big step toward a public release although it's evident that more fine-tuning and tweaking are in order before that day comes. Several issues, for example, still remain, including 32-bit Bluetooth applications on the newest iPhones and iPads aren't working correctly.

    The most up-to-date publicly available version of iOS remains 7.0.4.

    As of this writing, iOS 7.1 beta 3 can be downloaded as an over the air (OTA) update for registered users with a developer account and those using Apple's iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPads 2, 3, and 4, iPad Air, and iPad mini (1st and 2nd generations).

    The latest beta should also become available on Apple’s developer site any time now.

    Source: Apple

  2. #2
    Are there any substantial changes in 7.1 over what we currently have in 7.0.4?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Are there any substantial changes in 7.1 over what we currently have in 7.0.4?
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01...1-beta-3-devs/

  4. #4
    Let's just say 7.1 is what 7.0 should've been.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jukens For This Useful Post:

    bisayakid07 (01-07-2014), PokemonDesigner (01-07-2014)

  6. #5
    It's a very major update. Page rendering issues in Safari, optimization of animations.. Many things.. And the evasi0n jailbreak WILL be patched in 7.1. I'm torn...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  7. #6
    Does it close the evaders jailbreak?

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Does it close the evaders jailbreak?
    From what I've been reading on the Twitter feeds - it would seem so. Though no absolute confirmation from the evad3rs.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-07-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #8
    This jailbreak sucks... I'm moving to 7.1 when It comes out... Because I would rather have all of these fixes... I wish the Jailbreak would be compatible with 7.1

  10. #9
    I'm sticking with a jailbroken 7.0.4, far better than being jailed on 7.1 whatever fixes 7.1 comes out with

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

    thefinga (01-07-2014)

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo657 View Post
    This jailbreak sucks... I'm moving to 7.1 when It comes out... Because I would rather have all of these fixes... I wish the Jailbreak would be compatible with 7.1
    Well the jailbreak doesn't 'suck'. It's really stable. But so many tweaks are not ready because it was released too early without Saurik being involved or given any early release copies of the jailbreak.

    But on my 5S - even with LESS tweaks ready for us - I am rock stable - no crashing. About 15 tweaks. So I'm happy..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-07-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #11
    I see nothing worth giving up JB

    it sucks its been closed

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (01-07-2014), hogcia (01-07-2014)

  15. #12
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Sure does.
    have you seen one of the devs confirm that this beta 3 blocks evasion?

  16. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    have you seen one of the devs confirm that this beta 3 blocks evasion?
    Only a bunch of technical talk on the Twitter feeds. But, no, I would not say we've had 'definitive word' from an evasi0n dev. But I think you watch the same feeds I do - so I think it's a really good educated guess that, 'yes', it's closed. But I have no proof, sir.. no. I'll change my previous post to say 'pretty sure from what I've been reading'.. I stated it too confidently.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  17. #14
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Only a bunch of technical talk on the Twitter feeds. But, no, I would not say we've had 'definitive word' from an evasi0n dev. But I think you watch the same feeds I do - so I think it's a really good educated guess that, 'yes', it's closed. But I have no proof, sir.. no. I'll change my previous post to say 'pretty sure from what I've been reading'.. I stated it too confidently.
    I haven't been able to watch twitter today so not sure myself, thought you may have seen something. I'm sure one of them will say something about it at some point. Still a chance this beta hasn't blocked it yet, but would be a complete miracle if the final 7.1 hadn't patched it yet.

  18. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Too bad apple now has time to patch the jailbreak...
    I still don't understand why they didn't just wait until 7.1 was released.

  19. #16
    I restored to 7.0.4 last night (was on 7.1 b2) so I can enjoy this JB for a while on my 5s. Had been without a JB for so long I forgot how much fun it is.

  20. #17
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Nope 7.1b3 is still jailbreakable technically

    You need to edit the "SystemVersion.plist" & modify the "ProductVersion" apparently

    Maybe the evasi0n7 JB Tool will be updated

    What about the new whack UI features??? Mavericks inspired?

    This iOS has had so many UI revisions...appalling
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 01-07-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (01-07-2014), Simon (01-07-2014)

  22. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Nope 7.1b3 is still jailbreakable technically

    You need to edit the "SystemVersion.plist" & modify the "ProductVersion" apparently

    Maybe the evasi0n7 JB Tool will be updated

    What about the new whack UI features??? Mavericks inspired?

    This iOS has had so many UI revisions...appalling
    Well.. you're not implying that Apple won't patch the JB in 7.1, are you, Jato? Wouldn't that be a pipe dream? I think there's good warrant for pessimism here. There ain't no way the jailbreak will work on 7.1 pub release... agreed?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  23. #19
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well.. you're not implying that Apple won't patch the JB in 7.1, are you, Jato? Wouldn't that be a pipe dream?
    Nope not at all. Just that 7.1b3 can still be technically JB.

    No 7.1GM will definitely be patched is my guess. But to what extent? & can these new patches create other new bugs we can exploit? :-/
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  24. #20
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,217
    Thanks
    3,933
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    No 7.1GM will definitely be patched is my guess. But to what extent? & can these new patches create other new bugs we can exploit? :-/
    Fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •