+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Drops Third Beta of iOS 7.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Anyone know how to get the dang full list view in calendar on iPhone back once u go to the month view?....this sucks.. Wow! I just figured it out by
    Thanks

Anyone know how to get the dang full list view in calendar on iPhone back once u go to the month view?....this sucks..

Wow! I just figured it out by accident!...When in calendar and you hit the month button, and are now in the month with day list display under, you cannot toggle back to full list view. To get back to full lost view, tilt to landscape on phone. This makes it display the week view. While staying tilted, double click home to bring up switcher and close calendar app. Tilt back to portrait and reopen calendar app. It will be in full list view again!...Weird...wonder why they didn't make this a selectable icon or toggle or something obvious! I've been banging my head since b1 trying to figure this out. Hope this helps someone! I'll have to post this in my original question I posted in the forums a while back..
    Last edited by xboxbml; 01-07-2014 at 05:20 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm running out of time, I'd call AT&T to unlock my phone and its been approved but I need to restore my phone to do so. Im still on 6.x what's the best way to keep ALL my apps without loosing any data?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well the jailbreak doesn't 'suck'. It's really stable. But so many tweaks are not ready because it was released too early without Saurik being involved or given any early release copies of the jailbreak.

But on my 5S - even with LESS tweaks ready for us - I am rock stable - no crashing. About 15 tweaks. So I'm happy..
    Yeah I agree its very stable....... But I for some reason just don't see I point for it unless its for 7.1 also, which chances are apple patched the exploit's.....

Thanks

Only a bunch of technical talk on the Twitter feeds. But, no, I would not say we've had 'definitive word' from an evasi0n dev. But I think you watch the same feeds I do - so I think it's a really good educated guess that, 'yes', it's closed. But I have no proof, sir.. no. I'll change my previous post to say 'pretty sure from what I've been reading'.. I stated it too confidently.
    Wincom on twitter says evasi0n works on 7.13b

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil001 View Post
    I'm running out of time, I'd call AT&T to unlock my phone and its been approved but I need to restore my phone to do so. Im still on 6.x what's the best way to keep ALL my apps without loosing any data?
    Go to itunes and back up now, also sync apps. After the restore press on restore from back up and chose the latest date.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,807 Times in 4,429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    That was never in question. The point is the JB will be patched in 7.1.. without fail..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

You will lose 6x but it will be unlocked forever, you can do this now and still have Jailbreak on 7x if you wait you could lose unlock and JB

Apple will not sign 6x
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-07-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magoo657 View Post
    Yeah I agree its very stable....... But I for some reason just don't see I point for it unless its for 7.1 also, which chances are apple patched the exploit's.....
    It matters only that it likely would be a very long time before there's be a jailbreak for 7.1. If they close the signing window on 7.0.4.. You'll be stuck without a jailbreak possibility RIGHT when all the good tweaks are fully updated. So just don't miss that window.. That's all.

Thanks

That was never in question. The point is the JB will be patched in 7.1.. without fail..
    How do you know this? So far it has not

It may not be, we will not know until official 7.1 is released

Thanks

This isn't so. A restore after an unlock is only to see the "Congratulations you're unlocked" message on the iTunes screen. As soon as AT&T unlocks your phone you can simply put in another Sim card and it'll work perfectly even if you're still on iOS 6 jailbroken still. I think that rep gave you very bad info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone confirm if it closes the vulnerability which evasion used in the jailbreak?

Thanks

This isn't so. A restore after an unlock is only to see the "Congratulations your unlocked" message on the iTunes screen. As soon as AT&T unlocks your phone you can simply put in another Sim card and it'll work perfectly even if you're still on iOS 6. I think that rep gave you very bad info.
    Both my 3gs and 4 were not unlocked until I did a restore? How do you unlock the phone without doing this?

Thanks

How do you know this? So far it has not

It may not be, we will not know until official 7.1 is released
    History is the best teacher WHUDS. Never in the history of and jailbreak since ios4 has a major update not patched the previous public jailbreak. This will be no different. And in all those cases I'm referring to the current jailbreak still broke the beta versions of the pending major update. History is our best teacher, Whuds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mohitster View Post
    Can anyone confirm if it closes the vulnerability which evasion used in the jailbreak?
    wincom is one of the developers of the Jailbreak and he said its still there

7.1 3 beta

History is the best teacher WHUDS. Never in the history of and jailbreak since ios4 has a major update not patched the previous public jailbreak. This will be no different. And in all those cases I'm referring to the current jailbreak still broke the beta versions of the pending major update. History is our best teacher, Whuds.
    I think its better to say "stick with 7.0.4" 7.1 "MAY" close the JB. Until it does it doesn't

Thanks

Both my 3gs and 4 were not unlocked until I did a restore? How do you unlock the phone without doing this?
    Then you never tried what I just said. All my phones, 10+ (For myself & family) that I've unlocked, were all jailbroken at time of unlock by AT&T and required no restore. I just put in a prepaid SIM and they immediately activated. Most people don't have a prepaid SIM just sitting around to test this after they receive their unlock confirmation. They just assume they have to restore and see that message in iTunes. But trust me I've done it many times, you just didn't test it completely on your newly unlocked phones in the past. Or maybe 3GS and 4 were different. My first unlocks were with 4S.
    wincom is one of the developers of the Jailbreak and he said its still there
    7.1 3 beta
    Common knowledge.. And I never said otherwise. Please read more carefully.
    I think its better to say "stick with 7.0.4" 7.1 "MAY" close the JB. Until it does it doesn't
    Thanks for your opinion. But history's our best teacher. Without fail it will be patched. I just don't think it's useful to give people false hope at this point that they can just keep waiting and waiting and then possibly miss their window to have a jailbreak it all. And if it's not patched I will happily eat my words and admit my error and the amazing oversight by Apple… But at least everybody will be on 7.0.4 and have the ability to jailbreak no matter what.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-07-2014 at 10:48 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I can confirm what newdestinyx says. My iphone4 was able to take a new sim after they sent me a message to tell me it was unlocked. I was also told it would have to be restored but I'm still running iOS 5.1.1 on it without restore

Thanks
    Thanked 15,081 Times in 6,936 Posts

Then you never tried what I just said. All my phones, 10+ (For myself & family) that I've unlocked, were all jailbroken at time of unlock by AT&T and required no restore. I just put in a prepaid SIM and they immediately activated. Most people don't have a prepaid SIM just sitting around to test this after they receive their unlock confirmation. They just assume they have to restore and see that message in iTunes. But trust me I've done it many times, you just didn't test it completely on your newly unlocked phones in the past. Or maybe 3GS and 4 were different. My first unlocks were with 4S.
    Just to clarify this a bit more (not for you, for others benefit), after receiving an unlock confirmation a iPhone 4S or higher only requires a different carrier sim, it will kick to activation screen at this time, all that is required to activate the unlock then is wifi or connecting phone to iTunes.
    For iPhone 4 or lower if the phone has not been hactivated with a jailbreak tool all that is required is a different carrier sim and then connecting the phone to itunes, these will not automatically kick back to activation screen like a 4S+ though. If the phone has been hactivated with a jailbreak tool then that hactivation needs to be removed with either redsnow or SAM. Then activating with a different carrier sim can be done like normal.
    As you said, no restore required in any of the cases.

Thanks

Thanks, Simon. You're the one that actually taught me all this. And I was thrilled to find out I didn't have to lose my jailbreak or restore my phone. That's "back when I was unlocking"…

Thanks

Then you never tried what I just said. All my phones, 10+ (For myself & family) that I've unlocked, were all jailbroken at time of unlock by AT&T and required no restore. I just put in a prepaid SIM and they immediately activated. Most people don't have a prepaid SIM just sitting around to test this after they receive their unlock confirmation. They just assume they have to restore and see that message in iTunes. But trust me I've done it many times, you just didn't test it completely on your newly unlocked phones in the past. Or maybe 3GS and 4 were different. My first unlocks were with 4S.Common knowledge.. And I never said otherwise. Please read more carefully.Thanks for your opinion. But history's our best teacher. Without fail it will be patched. I just don't think it's useful to give people false hope at this point that they can just keep waiting and waiting and then possibly miss their window to have a jailbreak it all. And if it's not patched I will happily eat my words and admit my error and the amazing oversight by Apple… But at least everybody will be on 7.0.4 and have the ability to jailbreak no matter what.
    Well its not a Fact until it happens, that is not an opinion, yet it is an opinion that it will happen based on history, just trying to teach logic here. I agree to not count on 7.1 being able to JB

Thanks

Yup but who gives a crap if the beta didn't patch it I want to know if for sure it will be patch on Public Release.