Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'StatusModifier' Adds Seconds and RAM Information to Your iOS 7 Status Bar

Quote Originally Posted by badangie View Post
    are there any iWidgets compatible with iOS 7 ? it's my first jailbreak so I need all the help I can get
    Problem is that the tweak itself has not been updated yet. Once it is, most if not all iWidgets should work just fine.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

I see .. well, you know what they say: patience is a virtue ! (God, I hate waiting )

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    After a full reboot you have about 501MB.. I could accept the notion that iOS 7 itself takes about 500 megs of RAM as compared to the 200 megs of RAM that iOS 6 took. But even after opening just the ModMyi forum app I quickly drop down to 358 megs of RAM. I disabled all other tweaks on my list for this test. So the only thing running now on my 5S is StatusModifier and the ModMyi forum app. Hovering at 354MB.. Ouchy..
    The biggest thing to keep in mind here is that free ram can be measured by different methods. If you remember our ram discussions from the past, different tweaks figure ram differently. I don't have a clue how this tweak is figuring free ram, nor am I up to date on how arm64 is handling ram.

My stance on ram has always been, who cares! iOS handles ram very efficiently in a way the there isn't a need to constantly closing out programs to free up ram. iOS will close out programs automatically when it needs more resources.

What is the point in having your ram all freed up? This is counterintuitive of having ram. Plus you are not allowing the built in system to do its job. You are basically saying that you know better on how the device should work. My 5 will dip down to as little as less than 100 and I don't sweat it. It runs the same at 90 as it does at 700.

This info was not directed just at you NewD, mostly just a general statement.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Linapie (01-20-2014), novadam (01-04-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stratnik View Post
    Try cMemory from the app store, frees up RAM
    cMemory has been pulled from store.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The biggest thing to keep in mind here is that free ram can be measured by different methods. If you remember our ram discussions from the past, different tweaks figure ram differently. I don't have a clue how this tweak is figuring free ram, nor am I up to date on how arm64 is handling ram.

My stance on ram has always been, who cares! iOS handles ram very efficiently in a way the there isn't a need to constantly closing out programs to free up ram. iOS will close out programs automatically when it needs more resources.

What is the point in having your ram all freed up? This is counterintuitive of having ram. Plus you are not allowing the built in system to do its job. You are basically saying that you know better on how the device should work. My 5 will dip down to as little as less than 100 and I don't sweat it. It runs the same at 90 as it does at 700.

This info was not directed just at you NewD, mostly just a general statement.
    Thanks Brian… Good input. The only area we would possibly disagree is that when it came to an iPhone 4s or iPhone 4, amount of RAM left definitely made a difference in phone performance. In test after test I was able to prove it again and again on many different people's phones - even after dynamic RAM allocation was invented. You were around during that time, and you know what I mean.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks Brian… Good input. The only area we would possibly disagree is that when it came to an iPhone 4s or iPhone 4, amount of RAM left definitely made a difference in phone performance. In test after test I was able to prove it again and again on many different people's phones - even after dynamic RAM allocation was invented. You were around during that time, and you know what I mean.
    Yes, I understand and agree that on the 4/4s there was occasion for some performance degradation, but it was usually rare. Once the 5 was on the scene, this was pretty much eliminated. I would expect that it will be a non issue from here on out.

This is why a phone like the Galaxy needs 2-4 gb of ram or more, as it is not able to manage ram very efficiently. Please, I don't need the Driod trolls telling me that I'm wrong. Lets just be honest for a minute, I'm not putting down your de ice, I'm just pointing out a difference between the two. Droid devices need more ram to operate efficiently, while iOS does not need that much ram. That's my only point here.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, I understand and agree that on the 4/4s there was occasion for some performance degradation, but it was usually rare. Once the 5 was on the scene, this was pretty much eliminated. I would expect that it will be a non issue from here on out.

This is why a phone like the Galaxy needs 2-4 gb of ram or more, as it is not able to manage ram very efficiently. Please, I don't need the Driod trolls telling me that I'm wrong. Lets just be honest for a minute, I'm not putting down your de ice, I'm just pointing out a difference between the two. Droid devices need more ram to operate efficiently, while iOS does not need that much ram. That's my only point here.
    The degradation of performance on 4/4S was not rare if your phone was JB'en and full of needed tweaks. But I agree - the 5 put this issue behind us and going forward - seems like a non-issue - as long as Apple continues to give us enough RAM for it to be a non-issue AND if tweak developers don't violate standards that would make RAM an issue again.

Thx!

Ive been using "cleaner" to free up ram but always seems to remove the cleaner icon as well as icleaner pro. I have to re-install it. Weird

My RAM display is odd, and even show up to 2 G at times on my iPad Air,

http://modmyi.com/attachment.php?att...3&d=1389096754
    Attached Images Attached Images

How i write if i want day?

I have HH:mm.ss

I want day itīs EEE

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Christ6197 View Post
    How i write if i want day?

I have HH:mm.ss

I want day itīs EEE

Thank you
    I can't make that new feature work no matter how hard I try. Needs instructions ..

Thank you.

Itīs good to know i'm not alone....

I have made date appear fine using format MMM-dd before HH:mm:ss. Hit the return key after customizing the date format. Then go down and toggle something on/off, and then quit the settings app. The status bar should update soon afterwards

I just updated this app but now cant seem to figure out how to make it work..

This app just keeps getting worse the more it gets updated.

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    This app just keeps getting worse the more it gets updated.
    Gave up on it. This whole jailbreak has gone very badly - each day a new complication.

I'm taking my SIM card out of my 5S tomorrow.. and putting it back in my iph5 perfectly themed and tweaked out.. and return to stability .. Yay!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (01-19-2014)

You gotta install libstatusbar for it to work now. Change your cydia setting to developer for libstatusbar to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    You gotta install libstatusbar for it to work now. Change your cydia setting to developer for libstatusbar to show up.
    You still have to play around with the settings just to make it appear, my status bar was almost empty after i installed libstatusbar. Got it working anyway, Thanks for the tip

21. The Following User Says Thank You to onski For This Useful Post:

Domtastic (01-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

For those that like seeing more information about their iOS device, rather than less, jailbreaking has always offered great solutions.

A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed StatusModifier by iOS developer Firemoon777 allows iOS 7 users to add seconds to the digital Status Bar clock, as well as display the amount of free memory in the Status Bar to the right of the Status Bar clock, as shown above.

The seconds, as well as the free memory indicator, update in real time every second.

The tweak also adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where the user can either enable or disable showing seconds in the Status Bar clock, or enable or disable showing the amount of free memory in the Status Bar:

If you want to give StatusModifier a try, it's available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository. Notably, it's fully compatible with iOS 7 and 64-bit devices.

Name: StatusModifier
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Firemoon777
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    It's installed. It works but no memory displayed and the time is 24 hour only. Also there is no switch to turn the memory display on/off.

And no switch for seconds but there are a lot of other switches: Time, Show signal bar, Show wifi/3G, Show battery, Show carrier, Show GeoLocation item, Show mute item.

All I wanted was the memory %.

H E L P

Quote Originally Posted by jtibedo View Post
    It's installed. It works but no memory displayed and the time is 24 hour only. Also there is no switch to turn the memory display on/off.

And no switch for seconds but there are a lot of other switches: Time, Show signal bar, Show wifi/3G, Show battery, Show carrier, Show GeoLocation item, Show mute item.

All I wanted was the memory %.

H E L P
    Read here..
    how to configure StatusModifier 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12