+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Fancy' is An Upcoming Tweak for iOS 7 that Lets You Colorize the Interface Elements

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With the release of the iOS 7 jailbreak, we're starting to see some really cool modifications for Apple's new operating system. One of them that's going to stand out for
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Fancy' is An Upcoming Tweak for iOS 7 that Lets You Colorize the Interface Elements

With the release of the iOS 7 jailbreak, we're starting to see some really cool modifications for Apple's new operating system.

One of them that's going to stand out for a while to come is an upcoming tweak by iOS developer Mitch Treece dubbed Fancy. Fancy allows the user to colorize iOS 7 with certain colors. As shown above, we can get rid of the boring gray color in iOS 7, and colorize the individual interface elements with almost any color that we want, such as orange.

Not only can the user pick one color for all of the individual interface elements in iOS 7, but users can also individually color the individual interface elements in iOS 7, so that each element radiates a different color. For example, in the screenshot below, we have colored the SpotLight interface red, and the keyboard blue:

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure all of the colors for the individual interface elements. From here, you can also enable or disable the tweak on demand:

The top cell gives the user a "Global Tint Color" option, where the user can pick a color. This color will be applied to every interface element in iOS 7 by default. Users can pick between any of the following color choices:

• Red
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Light blue
    • Purple

If the user goes into the cells below this and changes the colors for each of the individual interface elements, the color that is chosen will override the global tint color for that particular interface element. For example, if we come over to the Banners cell, we are given the option to choose a color tint for the banners alone:

For the banners, users can also choose an animation style. Banners are the only interface element in the Fancy jailbreak tweak that have more options other than picking the tint color. You can pick between any of the following banner animation types:

• Fade
    • Slide left
    • Slide right

This tweak gives users a lot more control over the look and feel of their iOS device. With the ability to tint your device the way you want it to look, you won't have to put up with the unappealing gray look anymore. Fancy isn't yet available, but it will be making its way to Cydia in the next couple of days, so keep your eyes peeled!

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a great tweak.

PS: Modmyi needs to update the app to ios 7 look :-D

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredHD For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (01-03-2014), Silverado1987 (01-03-2014)

Thanks

Is this iPhone 5S friendly?
    You guys seriously need to clarify if it's compatible with iPhone 5S, it's getting annoying.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Is this iPhone 5S friendly?
    You guys seriously need to clarify if it's compatible with iPhone 5S, it's getting annoying.
    Just try it yourself when it comes out & stop crying

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nightwarrior305 For This Useful Post:

Deja Rico Jr (01-04-2014), fredHD (01-03-2014), pioneer88 (01-03-2014), Rcworship (01-03-2014), Trypt4mine (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

I like this. Nice tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I absolutely love that black keyboard in spotlight. I see that you can change the color if it with this tweak. Awesome.
    It's a phone, let's talk about guns.

Thanks

cool

bytafont 2 is out for iOS 7. but cydia is pissing me off -- keeps opening Clash of Clans in the apple App Store WTF

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    cool

bytafont 2 is out for iOS 7. but cydia is pissing me off -- keeps opening Clash of Clans in the apple App Store WTF
    Same for me, it opens Candy Crush

Thanks

this looks fancy... looking forward to it!

in the meantime, does anybody know how to change the background and chat bubbles in default messages app on iOS 7? i remember doing it in iOS6... just can't remember what files to change under the /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework directory (think the files may have changed in iOS 7?) i'm running 7.0.4 on an iPhone 5s... any help on changing the messages background to black and chat bubbles to some different color is much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkyfreak View Post

in the meantime, does anybody know how to change the background and chat bubbles in default messages app on iOS 7? i remember doing it in iOS6... just can't remember what files to change under the /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework directory (think the files may have changed in iOS 7?) i'm running 7.0.4 on an iPhone 5s... any help on changing the messages background to black and chat bubbles to some different color is much appreciated.
    Download Messages Customiser in cydia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwarrior305 View Post
    sweet, i'll have to check that out, thanks!

Thanks

I don't want to try it because then it might mess up my phone and I'm tired of restoring again and again, you moron. I'm sorry I'm not stupid like you.
    I don't just "try" any tweak without any caution.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jose060789 For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (01-03-2014), stolenpentium (01-03-2014)

Thanks

this app is nice, let's me change the chat bubbles, just not the white background. the white background is terrible when texting in dark places. looking to change the white background to black, in messages only (although would be nice to change the white background in settings and mail apps too). like the way "Invert Colors" does it under the Settings>General>Accessibility section... only without inverting ALL colors in iOS. hopefully somebody comes up with a tweak soon that can just change the white background to black.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberjunkyfreak For This Useful Post:

Nightwarrior305 (01-03-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want to try it because then it might mess up my phone and I'm tired of restoring again and again, you moron. I'm sorry I'm not stupid like you.
    Well if it does mess it up, there's a famous tweak called Mobile Substrate (Cydia Substrate now) where if anything bad happens, like an infinite boot loop, just hold and press the "+" volume key as it reboots, the app will shut all of the substrate apps and you are free to delete said app you are crying about
    It Takes One To Know One

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xerray For This Useful Post:

Deja Rico Jr (01-04-2014), Nightwarrior305 (01-03-2014), Trypt4mine (01-03-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Well if it does mess it up, there's a famous tweak called Mobile Substrate (Cydia Substrate now) where if anything bad happens, like an infinite boot loop, just hold and press the "+" volume key as it reboots, the app will shut all of the substrate apps and you are free to delete said app you are crying about
    Ahhahaha then that jose kid says im dumb. I didnt say anything i thought it would be funny to just let him keep on restoring his iphone again and again for any small tweak that doesnt work.

Thanks

Perhaps, just read the description in cydia.... It's not that hard to do.
    It clearly states its compatible with all devices, including 5s. 😜

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 96gator For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Thanks for the advice and no one is crying about anything. That idiot just likes to start arguments with strangers online which is rather sad because he has nothing better to do with his life.
    His parents must be really proud of him.
    Last edited by jose060789; 01-03-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jose060789 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (01-03-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

this app is nice, let's me change the chat bubbles, just not the white background. the white background is terrible when texting in dark places. looking to change the white background to black, in messages only (although would be nice to change the white background in settings and mail apps too). like the way "Invert Colors" does it under the Settings>General>Accessibility section... only without inverting ALL colors in iOS. hopefully somebody comes up with a tweak soon that can just change the white background to black.
    F.lux. Problem solved

26. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

mod edit if it messes up the phone then it's another restore for the 10th time. Use your common sense, geez!!

Quote Originally Posted by 96gator View Post
    Perhaps, just read the description in cydia.... It's not that hard to do.
    It clearly states its compatible with all devices, including 5s. 
    Ok, but reading it here saves me the time to go look it up in Cydia, if ModMyi is a "reporting" website, then why not report it properly and why not go to Cydia and check it themselves? It saves us readers the time.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 01-03-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Owens65 View Post
    I absolutely love that black keyboard in spotlight. I see that you can change the color if it with this tweak. Awesome.
    New tweak released today gives you that, called Bloard.

New tweak released today gives you many options for bubbles, it's called Messages Customiser.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 01-03-2014 at 04:43 PM.