+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chpwn Updates Popular Infinidock, Infinifolders, Infiniboard Tweaks for iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chpwn Updates Popular Infiniapps for iOS 7

On Wednesday, iOS developer chpwn announced updates for Infinifolders, Infinidock, and Infiniboard – three highly popular jailbreak tweaks for breaking Apple’s restricting home screen application icon limits for the dock, folders, and home screen.

Infinifolders gives users the ability to have as many application icons as they want in their home screen folders, Infinidock allows users to have as many application icons as they want on their dock, and Infiniboard allows users to have an unlimited amount of application icons on each page.

The update brings each of these tweaks up to version 2.1.1-1, and adds support for Apple's latest iOS 7, as well as Apple's 64-bit A7 chip, which is found in the iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad Mini with retina display.

Infiniboard is 99˘, Infinidock is $1.99, and Infinifolders is $1.99, but if you own any of the tweaks already, they're a free upgrade. If you don't own them yet, you'll find them in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Chpwn notes that an update for Gridlock is coming in the near future with support for iOS 7.

Sources: chpwn

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought that he tweeted that he quit?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kokhean For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (01-01-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow, installed this and it screwed up my entire icon layout! So I then uninstalled it in which it has remained all messed up! Wow. So now I get to spend hours to re-adjust all my icons, or spend hours restoring from my backup then jailbreaking then re-adding the jailbreak tweaks. Which one sounds more fun!? - Joy of being an early adopter. FML

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still saying it's not compatible for me? iPhone 5 on 7.0.4 can I bypass this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bchworth View Post
    Wow, installed this and it screwed up my entire icon layout! So I then uninstalled it in which it has remained all messed up! Wow. So now I get to spend hours to re-adjust all my icons, or spend hours restoring from my backup then jailbreaking then re-adding the jailbreak tweaks. Which one sounds more fun!? - Joy of being an early adopter. FML
    That sucks. But these programs are working on a copy of the IconState.plist called IconSupportState.plist. If you still have the IconSupport package installed, the IconSupportState.plist will be used. Try removing that package, or overwrite IconSupportState.plist with your IconState.plist file. Make backup of those files first!
    So the IconState.plist is used on an un-jailbroken phone, while the IconSupportState.plist is used on jailbroken devices which has the IconSupport package installed.
    These files are localed in /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard.
    If this doesn't work, you should be able to restore just the IconSupport.plist file from your backup with a iTunes backup extractor program.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bchworth View Post
    Wow. You download a tweak specifically designed for icon customization yet you complain that the tweak resets your icon layout so you can utilize the new functionality from scratch. Why would anybody even download this if they weren't planning to spend some time rearranging their icons anyway? Wow. It's not like one would download these, then leave their icons just the way they were. That would be...pointless...wow. Wow, you must have like, 5000 icons for it to take "hours!" Wow, I vote for restoring from backup and re-jail breaking. That sounds so much faster...wow...wow...wow...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaluwi11 View Post
    Wow. You download a tweak specifically designed for icon customization yet you complain that the tweak resets your icon layout so you can utilize the new functionality from scratch. Why would anybody even download this if they weren't planning to spend some time rearranging their icons anyway? Wow. It's not like one would download these, then leave their icons just the way they were. That would be...pointless...wow. Wow, you must have like, 5000 icons for it to take "hours!" Wow, I vote for restoring from backup and re-jail breaking. That sounds so much faster...wow...wow...wow...
    Wow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kokhean View Post
    Who gives a sh!& what he tweeted... How many negative posts can we have before someone has something positive to say? Happens every time. Damn complainers.

Anyway, thanks for the updates chpwn...keep up the good work!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jaluwi11 For This Useful Post:

rwpeary (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Who gives a sh!& what he tweeted... How many negative posts can we have before someone has something positive to say? Happens every time. Damn complainers.

Anyway, thanks for the updates chpwn...keep up the good work!
    Looks like someone had a bad day

Thanks

Can anyone confirm that the infinidock works without issues on 7.1 beta on an iPhone 5?

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Infinidock & Gridlock are two of my favorite tweaks. I am glad to see the quick update for iOS 7. It took a while for the update for the iOS 6 jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've installed infinidock on my iPhone 5s works fine but when I go into the dock apps it zooms into the app but there seems to be another app on the screen for like 1 sec then it disappears.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For those interested in these tweaks but worried about icon layouts re-setting, try installing them one at a time instead of all three at once. All I can say is that I successfully installed Infinidock (first) and Infinifolders (second) and my icon layout remained intact. I do not have a use for Infiniboard and maybe that's the one that screws it up, I don't know.

I rearranged all my icons with these two tweaks, so for me it wouldn't have mattered much if the layout re-set...but it did not.

-Having a great day

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kokhean View Post
    I thought he quit too, I'm glad he didn't. I wanna see what he's gonna do with Zephyr! One of the best tweaks on ios 5-6!

Thanks
    Installed infinidock, then iFile and Barrel would crash upon opening...un-installed infinidock and now iFile and Barrel work fine. Sucks! I love infinidock

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Does that include installing only infinidock? Because that is all I installed and it trashed my icons as well. As a matter of fact, after I rebooted, infinidock popped up a message that said (paraphrased) "Previous icon state installed. Use this layout?" (dismiss) (confirm). I clicked "dismiss." Didn't matter. Infinidock still reverted my /springboard/ icons and groups anyway.

So instead of being some smartass, why don't you act like a decent person?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaredtodd69's Avatar
    Thanks

Still has unable to purchase banner in cydia for iPhone 5 ,7.1 beta2

Green Apple
    Thanks

These are some of my favorite tweaks to do. And they are really the main reason I still do Jailbreak. So keep up the awesome work Chpwn.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Checksum47 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (01-02-2014)

Thanks

If your on 7.0 + is Infinifolders relevant anymore? I don't recall it's functionality other than the limitless apps in folder...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    If your on 7.0 + is Infinifolders relevant anymore? I don't recall it's functionality other than the limitless apps in folder...
    I was wondering the exact same thing. Looks like vertical scrolling is the only feature.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeStorm For This Useful Post:

Sage I (01-02-2014)