+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Assistant Unrestrictor' Disables Siri for Voice Control When There's No Internet

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
To use Siri, you have to have an active data connection, whether it's Wi-Fi, or a cellular Internet connection. But sometimes, you don't always have the luxury of being connected
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Assistant Unrestrictor' Disables Siri for Voice Control When There's No Internet

To use Siri, you have to have an active data connection, whether it's Wi-Fi, or a cellular Internet connection. But sometimes, you don't always have the luxury of being connected to the Internet, and Siri will give you a headache when you try to use her for information when you don't have an active data connection.

A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Assistant Unrestrictor by iOS developer SquiffyPwn will automatically disable Siri when you don't have an active data connection, that way, your device defaults to using the Voice Control feature, which doesn't require an active data connection.

When you finally do connect to an active data connection, the tweak will detect it, and it will automatically turn Siri back on as your default voice assistant.

The automatic configuration is pretty nifty to have, since it can be an annoyance to have to navigate through the preference panes in the Settings application to do this all manually. It's a shame Apple didn't implement something like this stock.

If you want to give Assistant Unrestrictor a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak doesn't have any options to configure.

Name: Assistant Unrestrictor
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: Siri
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: SquiffyPwn
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Brilliant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Christophxr For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-01-2014)

Thanks

Default I would like a tweak to disable Voice Control!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Brilliant.
    Because then I can turn Siri and Voice Control...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magoo657 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (01-01-2014)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Cool! Didn't think the old voice control was even in iOS since Siri took over, but I guess it needs to be for iPhone 4 and older iPads on 7.

Now someone just needs to expand voice control's command functions like launching apps, setting reminders, etc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Voice Control is much faster than Siri for the basic things. I wish there was a mod that would combine them somehow... Like, when I'm asking it to play a song, Siri could just skip the phone home part and get to playing the song.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Cool! Didn't think the old voice control was even in iOS since Siri took over, but I guess it needs to be for iPhone 4 and older iPads on 7.

Now someone just needs to expand voice control's command functions like launching apps, setting reminders, etc.
    Isn't that what voice activator does?

Thanks

Did not work after I put my iPhone in airplane mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this completely disable Siri when offline (I.E. delete Siri data?) Because thats the only thing holding me back from installing this tweak.