+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Ringdom' Lets You Play a Ringtone at Random for Every Voice Call or FaceTime Call

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you partake in a lot of phone calls or FaceTime calls with your iOS device, then you may want to take a look at a new jailbreak tweak called
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default 'Ringdom' Lets You Play a Ringtone at Random for Every Voice Call or FaceTime Call

If you partake in a lot of phone calls or FaceTime calls with your iOS device, then you may want to take a look at a new jailbreak tweak called Ringdom by iOS developer Michael Poole.

What this tweak will do is allow you to select more than one of your ringtones in your ringtone library, and when you get phone calls or FaceTime calls, it will play one of your selected ringtones at random each time. You do so from the tweak's preferences pane, which is added to the Settings application, as shown above. Selected ringtones display a check mark next to their names. You can choose from system ringtones, or from ringtones that you've synced with iTunes.

This tweak offers a good touch for those that don't like hearing the same ringtone over and over again between phone calls and FaceTime calls, but at the same time, it can also make things confusing for users that use specific ringtones for specific contacts, so this is something that needs to be considered for those that heavily customize their ringtones for individual contacts.

Ringdom is compatible with both iOS 6 and iOS 7. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for just $1.00.

Name: Ringdom
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Michael Poole
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thanks

I can't use this, I've got specific ringtones set to most the people in my phone...this would defeat the purpose of that...and a dollar? Psh...

Thanks

If you want to bash the dev because he's charing a dollar fine, but it's not his fault that you refuse to take advantage of this awesome functionality because of your particular preferences. I think this is a cool tweak.
    Hmm...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It does not seem to work on my iPhone 5s .

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think this should cost money. There are similar tweaks that operate the same way on iOS 6.x that I'm waiting for iOS 7.x support that are completely free

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No more getting bored of the same ringtone playing over and over. Works great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Voice call?