+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iH8sn0w: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 A5+ Untethered Jailbreak Tool Will be Released for Mac First

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS hacker iH8sn0w has been keeping the jailbreak community updated on Twitter about the progress of his A5+ jailbreak tool for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4. The last we heard
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default iH8sn0w: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 A5+ Untethered Jailbreak Tool Will be Released for Mac First

iOS hacker iH8sn0w has been keeping the jailbreak community updated on Twitter about the progress of his A5+ jailbreak tool for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4. The last we heard from him, the tool was expected to be released as early as this week.

On Saturday, iH8sn0w made the announcement on Twitter that the jailbreak tool he has been working on with iOS hacker Winocm for jailbreaking A5 and later devices running iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 is coming together nicely. iH8sn0w expects that the tool will be a Mac-only release initially, and that a Windows version of the tool will be released a few days afterwards.

With this arriving jailbreak tool, iOS device users will have the choice of staying with the latest versions of iOS 6, or upgrading to iOS 7, and either way, they'll have a jailbreak; this gives users the ability to choose between keeping the classic iOS 6 interface, or upgrading to the new flatter iOS 7 interface, while keeping the best of both worlds in both cases. The evad3rs released evasi0n7 for those running iOS 7.0-iOS 7.0.4, and this tool can be opened and used on Mac or Windows.

The hackers released a teaser video of the jailbreak running on an iPod touch 5g a few days before Christmas that can be viewed below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that can be viewed in our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

Sources: iH8sn0w

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (12-29-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will I be able to update directly from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 on 4s without having to update to 7.0.4 or is that not an option?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hypnopotamus View Post
    Will I be able to update directly from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 on 4s without having to update to 7.0.4 or is that not an option?
    I believe they stopped signing 6.1.4 for the 4S so I don't think it is an option. You might as well update to iOS 7.0.4 and install the iOS 6 icon themes that are all over Cydia once the mobile substrate is updated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I believe they stopped signing 6.1.4 for the 4S so I don't think it is an option. You might as well update to iOS 7.0.4 and install the iOS 6 icon themes that are all over Cydia once the mobile substrate is updated.
    Are people really not updating over the icons?

Thanks

Great news, I have no intention on upgrading to iOS 7 until I have no choice. 😃

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not unless you are on an iPhone 4 and you have SHSH blobs saved- but if you have 6.1.2, you should just keep it in, if you do not intend to update to iOS 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Are people really not updating over the icons?

It's not JUST the icons, whole programs have been reduced to windows 8 blandness

Thanks

Im still on ios 6.0 just not really in to ios 7 but will update when i absolutely have to

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple will have stopped signing the AP tickets. That won't be an option.

Apple stopped signing the AP tickets long ago for that model. It's not an option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excellent News! I've got about 7 family/friends who are waiting for this. Can't stand how HIDEOUS iOS 7 looks. I installed it on one of my test devices and tried to give it a fair chance but it's seriously just terrible looking. It looks worse than Windows Phone and that's pretty sad. Crapple definitely dropped the ball on this one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ImOnEverything For This Useful Post:

Sage I (12-28-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for making you first post ever on here one to remember... We will be watching your user name with great interest... Hopefully it's not crapple this crapple that every post... Anyways, that's cool that the boys are keeping the iOS 6 gang able to jailbreak untethered...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great News!! I have several devises waiting for this too. IOS (kinder garden building blocks) 7 has taken a step back into primary colors with no dimension and originality. Whole programs have been redesigned in this manner leaving me thinking...What the hell were they thinking????
    I'm going to get off my soap box now and go back to coloring within the lines with my giant color crayon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Thanks for making you first post ever on here one to remember... We will be watching your user name with great interest... Hopefully it's not crapple this crapple that every post... Anyways, that's cool that the boys are keeping the iOS 6 gang able to jailbreak untethered...
    You'll be watching? lol bro you need to go find a razor and go watch yourself in the mirror while shaving! You look like a terrorist!

Quote Originally Posted by smashtin View Post
    Great News!! I have several devises waiting for this too. IOS (kinder garden building blocks) 7 has taken a step back into primary colors with no dimension and originality. Whole programs have been redesigned in this manner leaving me thinking...What the hell were they thinking????
    I'm going to get off my soap box now and go back to coloring within the lines with my giant color crayon.
    Yeah be careful, you're gonna hurt the feeling of these sensitive little crys babies who can't handle the truth around here

Thanks

Unreal stuff I am reading here, sick........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImOnEverything View Post
    You'll be watching? lol bro you need to go find a razor and go watch yourself in the mirror while shaving! You look like a terrorist!

Yeah be careful, you're gonna hurt the feeling of these sensitive little crys babies who can't handle the truth around here
    You are either 12 yrs old, or you are Bill Gates out trolling again...I choose the latter. Good morning Billy.🌞

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    It's not JUST the icons, whole programs have been reduced to windows 8 blandness
    iOS 7 looks nothing like windows 8.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple has long since stopped signing the AP Ticket for that device. It will not be an option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGod View Post
    You are either 12 yrs old, or you are Bill Gates out trolling again...I choose the latter. Good morning Billy.��
    Well if I'm 12 then you must still be in 2nd grade with the terrible grammar you use. Perhaps you should pay a little more attention in school before you come on the internet and run your mouth about things you clearly know nothing about. While you're at it, go find yourself a better username and avatar also!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    iOS 7 looks nothing like windows 8.
    Yeah you're right, iOS 7 looks WORSE!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImOnEverything View Post
    "We'll be watching your career with great interest..." It's a line from Star Wars and was a playful jab... Sorry if I hurt your feelings...I won't direct playful sarcasm your way again... My feelings weren't hurt about the shaving comment either... I like my beard, I don't mind if that makes me look like a terrorist and I don't look in a mirror to shave because I pay a barber to trim my beard... We're not cry babies around here, but we do enjoy people on here who aren't here to bash on "crapple" and pick fights... I just was commenting on how your very first post on this site was already seeming like you are here to complain mainly... Freedom of speech to all including you, at least type your thoughts and feelings in a forum and on a site that you enjoy... If you like it here, then welcome to MMi... There are really cool, helpful people on here...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-29-2013), Jato_BZ (12-28-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    "We'll be watching your career with great interest..." It's a line from Star Wars and was a playful jab... Sorry if I hurt your feelings...I won't direct playful sarcasm your way again... My feelings weren't hurt about the shaving comment either... I like my beard, I don't mind if that makes me look like a terrorist and I don't look in a mirror to shave because I pay a barber to trim my beard... We're not cry babies around here, but we do enjoy people on here who aren't here to bash on "crapple" and pick fights... I just was commenting on how your very first post on this site was already seeming like you are here to complain mainly... Freedom of speech to all including you, at least type your thoughts and feelings in a forum and on a site that you enjoy... If you like it here, then welcome to MMi... There are really cool, helpful people on here...
    Well my apologies for not picking up on your sarcasm. Too many weirdos on here who have that attitude for real so it's kinda hard to tell when the majority of people on here act like that.

While there are cool and helpful people on here, I have seen a lot of biased people who have their head so far up Apple's "core" that they can't admit it when they do something wrong. I love my iDevices just as much as the next guy but I feel that Apple has become too predictable and are starting to lose steam. Seems like they're headed back into their dark hole that they were in before the iPod and iPhone came along and helped bring them back outa the gutter.

Oh well, carry on

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ImOnEverything For This Useful Post:

Sage I (12-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Im still on ios 6.0 just not really in to ios 7 but will update when i absolutely have to
    Since a lot of apps in itunes will require Ios 7 or higher and JB is now for IOS 7 as well as even the new tweaks in Cydia may be for IOS 7 its really not wise to stay below 7.0 since its jailbreakable today, may not be in the future